Archived Modernization Routine

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think stationary push could be a lot faster if 1) bullseye wasnt mixed in with #6 repacks and 2) boxes of product from the repacks were sent as casepacks or at least had a pick label so we don't need to scan every item. In the ideal world casepacks would be sorted by aisle but I know that would never happen. I've never been able to push a 12 repack stationary u-boat with combos and regular casepacks mixed in too after the unload but before it's time to clock out. I usually give myself 30 minutes to get to the backroom, take care of backstock (our backroom is a mess and part of the stationary/office aisle has part of market), move bullseye onto the bullseye flat, take care of any trash/defects, and make it up to the time clock. So pretty much I only get 90 minutes of push time. Can't wait for longer shifts starting next week.

Oh yeah, and whoever helped push the rollover on a non-truck day didn't take products out of wrappers (like tissue paper or notepads) before putting it in the salesfloor and didn't locate some of their backstock.
You don’t have a secondary sort?

No disrespect you would be out of sfs or logistics if I was your lead.

Cool. I'm exclusively OPU scheduled under GS. My YTD inf is under 2% and I miss goal times maybe once every other week because the person covering my meal was slow. My leads don't give a shit what I do in the backroom. As long as I'm backstocking and locating everything I should be, which I am, I'm not getting in trouble for not doing things exactly how the DBO would do them. ETL-Log, who I'm keyed in under, did try to get me back on his schedule a couple of times a week. That was hard denied by the SD, thankfully.

So if you work your m&m from your freight and then pull you manual auto and m&m is in your auto fill is that efficient? No, why? Because you opened your m&m from the freight and backstock remaining in a open stock , then you pull your manual auto with m&m in it and you touch it twice to pull and backstock back and then you are on the report for suspect pull. It’s more efficient to backstock a case pack than open stock. And since I started this process I have come clean and current everyday .
Your logic is based on the guarantee that the backstock is in open stock and not a casepack? Who’s to say your backstocked M&Ms aren’t already in a casepack? Either way you have to push M&Ms so would you rather push the box that’s already sorted for you and waiting on a U-boat or go out back and pull the product with the hopes it’s open stock and the hopes it doesn’t pull more than you need so then you have to backstock it? You have to touch your truck freight regardless of backstock, salesflooor capacity or anything other situation. So yes it is more efficient to push your truck freight first.

If the M&Ms came on the truck that morning, they wouldn't be pulled from the backroom in the autofill. You'd take from the uboat, push, if you have backstock, you backstock it. Ideally you should be pulling the autofill first and pushing it so there is more space to backstock afterwards, but that only works if the uboats don't fill up during the unload that you have to move them/work them immediately. P2 pushers should definitely come in, pull autos and push them, backstock, work uboat, backstock, with all the other things at the same time. Chemicals, food, HBA, areas that fill up uboats fast and the pushers come in a half hour after the unload to start working them, they should.... work what they literally came in to do. Otherwise why wouldn't they come in at 6am as well, go pull and push their stuff, and then come to uboats waiting for them?

Cool. I'm exclusively OPU scheduled under GS. My YTD inf is under 2% and I miss goal times maybe once every other week because the person covering my meal was slow.
Cool , props for doing what you supposed to do to keep you inf down .
My leads don't give a shit what I do in the backroom.
shitty leaders .
As long as I'm backstocking and locating everything I should be, which I am,
but you are not because any logistic person goes to pull from a case pack would pull best practice the whole case pack and not look into how many are in there , and that adds errors and that’s where your shitty leaders are gonna get fucked.
You sound great and all , but if you would half fast the shit as you do , you would be out of any place that has to do with pulling . I’m sure you found your shortcuts on keeping your inf down too.

Your logic is based on the guarantee that the backstock is in open stock and not a casepack? Who’s to say your backstocked M&Ms aren’t already in a casepack? Either way you have to push M&Ms so would you rather push the box that’s already sorted for you and waiting on a U-boat or go out back and pull the product with the hopes it’s open stock and the hopes it doesn’t pull more than you need so then you have to backstock it? You have to touch your truck freight regardless of backstock, salesflooor capacity or anything other situation. So yes it is more efficient to push your truck freight first.
I rather push the m&m that’s about to expire than the new one that has a longer shelf life.

I rather push the m&m that’s about to expire than the new one that has a longer shelf life.
See you’re changing your argument 😂 your argument was based off efficiency not shelf life. I already stated the only reason it would make sense to do pulls first is if you have things that expire frequently but that’s not a ton of things. M&ms for example if you have 10 outback those will still come out in morning autos as you sell and be pushed in the front

Cool , props for doing what you supposed to do to keep you inf down .

shitty leaders .

but you are not because any logistic person goes to pull from a case pack would pull best practice the whole case pack and not look into how many are in there , and that adds errors and that’s where your shitty leaders are gonna get fucked.
You sound great and all , but if you would half fast the shit as you do , you would be out of any place that has to do with pulling . I’m sure you found your shortcuts on keeping your inf down too.

I don't think you understand what I do. Epick tells me to pull a casepack. Let's says it's 12. OK. The casepack is unopened? I grab it. Open it. Pull out 1 item. Scan it. Right thing and not a mispick? Cool. Picked 12. Epick then says I need 1 for the order. I scan my cart and toss the one I need in. Now, I need to backstock the other 11 in the casepack. They're getting pulled out of the casepack and put in open stock somewhere. This is where I don't necessarily have the time to be all pretty about it. (And, if I'm really pressed for time at this point I might leave it and circle back around later when my queue is clear to proceed.) They're going to have to go where I can quickly fit them into open stock locations. That may not be where the DBO wants them exactly. That's just the way it has to be. I have deadlines to mind and if the wacos are full, I have to put stuff where I have to put it.

I really don't have a lot of shortcuts to keep infs low other than move fast and know where to find shit that isn't where it's supposed to be. There are certain DPCI issues with a few items, but they don't come up frequently. I always check with a lead if I'm going to take a shortcut. Doesn't happen often. Once every other week or so. But, I make sure the guest is getting the item they ordered. Guest satisfaction equals more orders and job security for me.

I don't think you understand what I do. Epick tells me to pull a casepack. Let's says it's 12. OK. The casepack is unopened? I grab it. Open it. Pull out 1 item. Scan it. Right thing and not a mispick? Cool. Picked 12. Epick then says I need 1 for the order. I scan my cart and toss the one I need in. Now, I need to backstock the other 11 in the casepack. They're getting pulled out of the casepack and put in open stock somewhere. This is where I don't necessarily have the time to be all pretty about it. (And, if I'm really pressed for time at this point I might leave it and circle back around later when my queue is clear to proceed.) They're going to have to go where I can quickly fit them into open stock locations. That may not be where the DBO wants them exactly. That's just the way it has to be. I have deadlines to mind and if the wacos are full, I have to put stuff where I have to put it.

I really don't have a lot of shortcuts to keep infs low other than move fast and know where to find shit that isn't where it's supposed to be. There are certain DPCI issues with a few items, but they don't come up frequently. I always check with a lead if I'm going to take a shortcut. Doesn't happen often. Once every other week or so. But, I make sure the guest is getting the item they ordered. Guest satisfaction equals more orders and job security for me.
I’m the leader for sfs I know exactly what you do and I’ve been logistic tl for more than 7 years and I know exactly how pulls and backstock and trucks and , mirs, recalls , item merge , sweeps , and everything else that’s in the back. You pull 12 and backstock the remaining 11, than a Backroom tm who knows best practice goes to pull the same item from a case pack it’s going to either look and see its 11 or asumes everyone knows what they are doing and pulls 12 as it should. But then again there is a reason the system sent you to a casepack location because there was not in open stock. And you as a tm who contributes to the Backroom should backstock open stock. When someone pulls auto fill they are sent to pull from open stock , lower case and upper case for efficiency now you just fuck up the next person. Just saying

See you’re changing your argument 😂 your argument was based off efficiency not shelf life. I already stated the only reason it would make sense to do pulls first is if you have things that expire frequently but that’s not a ton of things. M&ms for example if you have 10 outback those will still come out in morning autos as you sell and be pushed in the front
[/QUOTE
I’m not changing anything .
Do you understand why the truck gets acknowledged before the pulls?
And I wish I saw how your Backroom looks .

I’m the leader for sfs I know exactly what you do and I’ve been logistic tl for more than 7 years and I know exactly how pulls and backstock and trucks and , mirs, recalls , item merge , sweeps , and everything else that’s in the back. You pull 12 and backstock the remaining 11, than a Backroom tm who knows best practice goes to pull the same item from a case pack it’s going to either look and see its 11 or asumes everyone knows what they are doing and pulls 12 as it should. But then again there is a reason the system sent you to a casepack location because there was not in open stock. And you as a tm who contributes to the Backroom should backstock open stock. When someone pulls auto fill they are sent to pull from open stock , lower case and upper case for efficiency now you just fuck up the next person. Just saying
He just said you take one out and backstock the remaining 11 in open stock locations? No issue there. I think you misread the message

I’m not changing anything .
Do you understand why the truck gets acknowledged before the pulls?
And I wish I saw how your Backroom looks .
Yes I do understand why do you because pulling manuals is the same issue. You acknowledge before autos drop so you’re not pulling items that are on the truck.??? Also my backroom is spotless but it’s a unique backroom so if I post a picture it’ll give me away.

Dude. Read. I just wrote that I don't just open a case pack, take the one item I need, and put the rest back. If I open a case pack, the rest of the items are getting backstocked in open stock locations. Period. Those exact locations, however, might be messy because I don't have the time to pull other things out of wacos, backstock them elsewhere, and then backstock what I just grabbed. But, I DON'T JUST SHOVE THINGS BACK INTO CLOSED STOCK LOCATIONS. THEY GO INTO OPEN STOCK AS THEY SHOULD BE.

Yes I do understand why do you because pulling manuals is the same issue. You acknowledge before autos drop so you’re not pulling items that are on the truck.??? Also my backroom is spotless but it’s a unique backroom so if I post a picture it’ll give me away.
Don’t give yourself away lol. Well I’m glad we are all here to state our opinions and strategies

Alright 😂 you’re working against yourself. So if you drop a full for depth for a fillgroup and it has you pull 10 bags of m&ms so you push those m&ms. Now you just got a case of M&Ms off the truck that you have to work regardless of dropping a manual. Oh whoops the M&Ms are full now I have to backstock this case. You’re telling me that’s more efficient? No. I also could see your argument that if you acknowledge the truck before you drop manuals the system already thinks that product you will be pushing is on the floor but it still doesn’t make sense. You should be:

1.) push the truck because it has to be worked regardless.
2.) drop a fill for depth to well “fill in depth”
3.) EXF and product that didn’t pull and fix SFQ because that’s likely why it didn’t pull.

Edit: the only reason I could see for doing manuals and exf first is if your store has an issue with out of dates but the rest of the store should always push the truck first

This time of year you should be getting very little product that backstocks by the case. We audit everything we backstock. Granted our inventory management has been utterly ignored for over a year, but nine times out of ten the cases are because onhands are off (or it

M&Ms come off the dairy truck, so it is likely the auto fills would be pulled before the truck anyways. And food should ALWAYS be pulled from the back room first, or you end up with a back room of outdated because Target software isn’t made for grocery.

Dude. Read. I just wrote that I don't just open a case pack, take the one item I need, and put the rest back. If I open a case pack, the rest of the items are getting backstocked in open stock locations. Period. Those exact locations, however, might be messy because I don't have the time to pull other things out of wacos, backstock them elsewhere, and then backstock what I just grabbed. But, I DON'T JUST SHOVE THINGS BACK INTO CLOSED STOCK LOCATIONS. THEY GO INTO OPEN STOCK AS THEY SHOULD BE.
I know I misread sorry .

Don’t give yourself away lol. Well I’m glad we are all here to state our opinions and strategies
Yeah no hard feelings just different opinions!
This time of year you should be getting very little product that backstocks by the case. We audit everything we backstock. Granted our inventory management has been utterly ignored for over a year, but nine times out of ten the cases are because onhands are off (or it

M&Ms come off the dairy truck, so it is likely the auto fills would be pulled before the truck anyways. And food should ALWAYS be pulled from the back room first, or you end up with a back room of outdated because Target software isn’t made for grocery.
M&Ms was an example haha but yeah autos drop before C&S arrives good catch there

Our general routine:

Morning

• Check Sales: Previous/Today
  • Walk area touch up endcaps and isles pick up any reshop Dust/Wipe down isles where needed Check for any missing signage
  • Pull & Push Autofill
  • Check IRs & Price Change
  • Work on any Truck or TWT workload
  • Leave any communication for Closer
Closing

• Finish Truck if needed
  • Check IRs & Price Change
  • Zone & Audit
  • Complete Backstock
  • Leave any communication for Opener

Keeping your backroom empty isnt hard to theorize, removing discontinued merch and NOP by pulling the report and flexing it out will improve backroom space and BRLA, it's like an antibiotic for the stockroom.

Mancaf will fill the floor and empty some backroom space but remember it will not remove NOP or long outdated dcode.

I'm a GM2 lead former PPTL. I Have pets, paper, chemicals, personal care, otc. I have one expert in each dept. They are scheduled four-hour shifts. We receive 6 trucks a week. It's a challenge to finish the push each morning. Pull their autos and back stock. This week we had sales planners in ever dept but pets, they were scheduled a few extra hours but honestly, I set most of the end caps and helped with push. Too much fright not enough hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back