Archived Pilots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious if any pilots are going on in your stores or if your part of something new corporate is trying out?

My store is frequently included in pilot programs. Right now we're doing Instocks scanning at night + only shooting OUTS on Fridays, the boatless jewelry and accessories floorpad, and PetRX, where you can get pet prescriptions filled at the pharmacy.

My store is currently apart of the extended hours program. We are open from 8 to 11 Monday through Saturday and 8 to 10 on Sunday.

My store is currently apart of the extended hours program. We are open from 8 to 11 Monday through Saturday and 8 to 10 on Sunday.

My store has been open to 11 for like a year. It sucks but you would be shocked how much more money we make in that single hour.

My store has been open to 11 for like a year. It sucks but you would be shocked how much more money we make in that single hour.

That's when we get all those cranky middle-aged ladies that buy a month's worth of groceries and get pissed when their 40 coupons don't work.

My store is frequently included in pilot programs. Right now we're doing Instocks scanning at night + only shooting OUTS on Fridays, the boatless jewelry and accessories floorpad, and PetRX, where you can get pet prescriptions filled at the pharmacy.

We do pet prescriptions, but it's not part of a pilot??? Do you mean like Frontline and those types of prescriptions?

That's when we get all those cranky middle-aged ladies that buy a month's worth of groceries and get pissed when their 40 coupons don't work.

Omigosh, do they text each other & decide when to descend upon us? Each night I close there's several that come & get pissy whenever any of their coupons get declined. :mad:

Pet meds thats interesting. I know a close by district store that's had the extended hours for about 1 yr and sometimes they don't even make 1 grand that last hour.

Keep in mind, while money might not flow too much that final hour, it's an additional hour to touch up (finish) the zone. We've done it for about a year now, and I do like it, but I'm a night owl, so the late hours don't affect me all that much.

Keep in mind, while money might not flow too much that final hour, it's an additional hour to touch up (finish) the zone. We've done it for about a year now, and I do like it, but I'm a night owl, so the late hours don't affect me all that much.

I don't mind closing at 11pm, except when schools starts & all tm minors go home at 9:45pm. Which very few tm's to close on sf.

I wasn't aware the later hour was a pilot, lol, shows what I know! During the week the extra hour doesn't do much for us but give extra time to zone, etc. Over the weekend it can be pretty busy though. Through the holidays it is crazy busy between 10 and 11.

I remember when we were open till midnight if Im not mistaken for one week during holidays. You think nobody would be shopping that late but the store was pack.

My store is doing a pilot (soon) of the new Target Debit Card application--which lets guests apply for the Debit Card using their already existing debit card instead of a blank check. Which is quite handy, considering the number of REDcards we lose because most people don't carry checks with them anymore.

Our store also has the extended hours, and bcus our store is too busy anyways, corporate came in one day and saw that our cashiers use too much paper bags. So now our new phrase is "is plastic ok?" instead of "paper or plastic". We saved about 1-2k a month but bcus its so hot outside, guests are complaning about how food will "die" once they exit.

And recently today, our store received new paper bags. I noticed it when I came in work today and I was helping stock bags, we got new paper bags (very decorative with like a million bullseyes around), and the worst part about the new paper bags is that they are way smaller than the old ones.

Our store also has the extended hours, and bcus our store is too busy anyways, corporate came in one day and saw that our cashiers use too much paper bags. So now our new phrase is "is plastic ok?" instead of "paper or plastic". We saved about 1-2k a month but bcus its so hot outside, guests are complaning about how food will "die" once they exit.

And recently today, our store received new paper bags. I noticed it when I came in work today and I was helping stock bags, we got new paper bags (very decorative with like a million bullseyes around), and the worst part about the new paper bags is that they are way smaller than the old ones.

I am wondering for those Targets operating in areas where the use of plastic bags are banned, how are they coping with the issue.

Im guessing you work at a Super Target?

Also has anyone heard about a pilot happening or about to happen with stores getting rid of the Target Cafe and just going with a Starbucks. I know the only thing their keeping are the soda and icee machines I'm guessing you'd get the cups from Starbucks.

Our store also has the extended hours, and because our store is too busy anyways, corporate came in one day and saw that our cashiers use too much paper bags. So now our new phrase is "is plastic ok?" instead of "paper or plastic". We saved about 1-2k a month but because its so hot outside, guests are complaining about how food will "die" once they exit.

My store doesn't have paper bags. Is this a Super Target thing? I was surprised when I found the "Bring me paper bags" option in the HELP key on the register.

Also has anyone heard about a pilot happening or about to happen with stores getting rid of the Target Cafe and just going with a Starbucks. I know the only thing their keeping are the soda and icee machines I'm guessing you'd get the cups from Starbucks.

That seems kinda silly, considering how many stores have upgraded their Target Cafes. Could this only be in stores that didn't upgrade yet?

I see...so you're actually TESTING them & giving the prescriptions:thumbsup:
Correction:
I was offered by my vet for my cat, to Be part of clinical trial of new drug for diabetes at a no cost. My funds were limited at the time.

My store doesn't have paper bags. Is this a Super Target thing? I was surprised when I found the "Bring me paper bags" option in the HELP key on the register.

Ahh yes, the store I work at is a SuperTarget indeed. Our so called "bagging pilot" does require our store to save some money after there were a few days our store ran out of bags, leaving guests only with plastic.

Im guessing you work at a Super Target?

That would be interesting but Target Cafe has other goodies like Pizza Hut, popcorn, pretzels, all stuff guests would really love. It's a lot cheaper there 2 to grab some coffee than starbucks. They could be making more money but Target Cafe has its great value for guests, I dont see this happening unless Target is desperate to get guests to spend more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back