Archived Project Viper

Status
Not open for further replies.
My receiving/reverse logistics area will be an even bigger mess than it already is after the weekend with this. o_O

Really would like to know why they chose Viper as the pilot name...

Value Initiated Pull Efficiency Review

And here I thought they had poached an executive from Marvel or DC and they were naming all the new projects.

I'd like to know how they would plan this around market, I already pull probably 1/4 myself that the CAFs are not doing themselves. Our Guest Service score would be in the tank, as I would be in the back room for probably more than half my shift.

This. There are no auto fills or CAFs, so you all can let that part go. :)

No autofill at all? That's a little extreme. Does that mean there's no logistics team scheduled on non-truck nights? Back in the days before CAFs, we often shot quick research batches in areas to fill during the day. In a high volume store, those pulls would get very large quite easily. The one that really comes to mind was an 8 flat paper pull I shot once since the aisle blew out really badly on a Sunday.

CAFs were specifically put in place to keep the shelves from getting that bad during the day.

With this pilot all autofills and hourly cafs go away and it is up to the TM's in each zone to fill the floor.
This. There are no auto fills or CAFs, so you all can let that part go. :)

So Walmart did that for years and just put an accumulator in place a few years ago. We were on the cutting edge of automated processes, and are just decided to scrap it and just do it by hand? Seems like a total waste to me...

I am excited about this. Target processes on the sales floor have become so difficult to hold an individual accountable for. This will make it very clear who works & who doesn't.
Unfortunately I foresee being forced to "help" the TMs who can't handle the workload.

I am excited about this. Target processes on the sales floor have become so difficult to hold an individual accountable for. This will make it very clear who works & who doesn't.
Unfortunately I foresee being forced to "help" the TMs who can't handle the workload.

Yep that's pretty much me. I can completely handle my zone, but I don't know how it'll work for other people in my store.

I dunno how I feel about this. On one hand, it'll be nice to be able to be 100% in control of toys and sporting goods, but I know I won't be doing any filling up of the floor until the end of the night, when the reshop and zone is done. That said, the only things I'd end up filling are the completely empty locations and not the "oh we have one here, let's pull another". I mean, I already handle my own backstock so I'm kind of in control.

It's very rare that TMs think these pilots are good ideas. ETLs and STLs (and some TLs) all remain positive about these pilots no matter the faults because a negative leader is not promotable. When the DTL asks a TM what they think about it, and gives honest feedback, since the entire leadership team is going on and on about how great it is, they are just seen as someone that isn't adapting to change.

My TL said that all scan days would be on Saturday and Sunday, I told him that was nuts and he completely agreed. ETLs would be involved with the process.

So Walmart did that for years and just put an accumulator in place a few years ago. We were on the cutting edge of automated processes, and are just decided to scrap it and just do it by hand? Seems like a total waste to me...

Support Manager Joe (Me): Hey (insert dept mgr here), can you shoot your aisles and work your bins so we can backstock into your bins?
Dept Mgr: I can't get to my bins, the aisle is full of backstock pallets.
Me: You know that those pallets are YOUR backstock, right?
*eerie silence*
Me: *Throws up hands* Do you know how to use a pallet jack?
DM: Uh.....
Me: Move... the... pallet... so... you... can... access... your... bins...

They should have been thankful that I never pulled dayside LOD shifts there. Picture your most power-hungry SrTL. That would be the personality I would have to put on when I worked dayside.

THIS is the reason they put an accumulator in at Walmart. I'm sure it wasn't unique to my store.

It seems my store has started to somewhat do this. We used to have a dedicated TM to push cafs. 2 if it was the weekend. Now all of a sudden the HL TMs are each assigned an area even during the early afternoon and they zone & do the cafs for that area.

A friend of mine told me their store has been doing this for about a month now and that it sucks and people are leaving. She said that there are no auto fills or cafs. One person in backroom and that everyone has to do their own pulls and backstock and that the other backroom team members are now doing instocks.

I guess I'm glad I got out of BR Day when I did. So with all this sales floor stuff going on, when is backstocking, pallet space management, aisle audits and other regular BR activities suppose to occur?
it might go back to the 4AM crew. knowing our stellar management it will now be considered a non optimal process and cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back