Archived recognition

Status
Not open for further replies.
curious... any of you guys read through the 549 guidelines? know where your budget is going this year?

let's just say... no more pb&j in the breakroom :-(

Just as well...it was always gone by noon, anyway. But that really sucks. Does that mean no more decorating valentines in the break room as well?

well each store has a budget based on volume. and its about 75% less than what your store spent last year. to the point, we can't give things for contribution.
i told our stl that's gonna be hard to enforce when we see olive garden walking by to the etl office every week...

well each store has a budget based on volume. and its about 75% less than what your store spent last year. to the point, we can't give things for contribution.
i told our stl that's gonna be hard to enforce when we see olive garden walking by to the etl office every week...

gosh!

Haha, it's probably all because of my store. If you only knew how much money in redcard prizes we must've given away...

You know, if they stopped wasting so much payroll on these pointless huddles, they could continue splurging on things team members actually care about, like food in the break room, REDcard and attachment prizes. No one wants to stand around in a circle in the middle of the store to talk about nothing and "recognize" each other for half an hour when there is so much work that needs to be done.

Huddles used to be fun at my store.. now they are such a waste of time and everyone knows it.

You know, if they stopped wasting so much payroll on these pointless huddles, they could continue splurging on things team members actually care about, like food in the break room, REDcard and attachment prizes. No one wants to stand around in a circle in the middle of the store to talk about nothing and "recognize" each other for half an hour when there is so much work that needs to be done.

Huddles used to be fun at my store.. now they are such a waste of time and everyone knows it.

I agree. They are somewhat pointless. Does everyone really care where we are at in sales and all that? Its not like we get a bonus from it. And if you really want to know the service scores just look at the scores in TMSC. At my store we have them posted in the hallway as you walk to the timeclock. Usually at night there are 6-7 of us in huddle and sometimes it takes up to 30 minutes. Thats 3 hours of work that is being wasted

So they are going to kill off one of the few things that keep folks spirits up in the name of cost cutting?
Why am I not surprised?
Always said that maybe Spot didn't pay much but at least there was PB&J in the breakroom.
Looks like that's not even happening anymore.

Between these waste-of-time huddles (aka: back-patting parties) & those dopey vibe cards, our morale is seriously underwhelmed.
The few times we get breakroom food is where there's a hefty amt of out-dates.

Where can I read about this on Workbench? This could screw our store very much, as we relied on recognition to keep morale up.

I've noticed lately that we've had a huge lack of food in the break room.

Maybe this is why we are having a potluck this month. Now we have to bring our own food to be recognized....

guessing this will go into official effect after the survey? we haven't had a food event in a while but the pb&j is hanging on

it was in the news to use, but didnt say how drastic. it use to be as long as you were under previous year, you'd be ok.
dont wanna give away my loc, but i will say our neighbor store (way larger than us) spent 65k last year. their budget is 15K this year. and it does sound like a lot. until you factor in food for 150 people, decor, contribution, etc.

but hey, they still get their workout room in MN. maybe this is just their incentive for us to eat healthier...

Just when you think Target can not get any worse, they show they still have something up thier sleeves. For a company at one time that could do no wrong, now they seem to be able to do nothing right. It feels like HQ is trying to destroy the brand and the company. So happy I got out and not suprised that many have have followed me.

I think we actually are seeing our recognition budget go up (either that or they got chastised for it all going to the higher ups) because we've had decent food and good amounts more times in the break room since January 1st than all of last year.

I think we actually are seeing our recognition budget go up (either that or they got chastised for it all going to the higher ups) because we've had decent food and good amounts more times in the break room since January 1st than all of last year.

No, that was just the store burning off last year's remaining budget. Target's fiscal year runs Feb thru Jan.

A nice chunk of the 549 goes for the quarterly ETL outings.

No, that was just the store burning off last year's remaining budget. Target's fiscal year runs Feb thru Jan.

well craptastic!! Hopefully they still got chastised for the stinginess (except if it was for themselves)

Huddle for my store is huddle then help work the trucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back