Archived Reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know an approximate date that TL and TM reviews will be given this year? I know i turned in my TM reviews a month ago and my ETL said she already knew her rating.
Thanks in advance.

tm reviews are effective --- I think --- approx 5-1-12

but they should be delivered to tm before that date of course.

Any one know what our percentage of pay raises is?

oh you know - they have already decided your score prob - just jiggle the figures to make it work.

Two questions

1: What do you do if you dot agree with your review? Say they say you "dont seek feedback and try to improve upon that given feedback," but in reality, you do seek feedback and try to improve yourself

Same thing you do anytime else you disagree. You challenge upwards until you get your way!

Two questions

1: What do you do if you dot agree with your review? Say they say you "dont seek feedback and try to improve upon that given feedback," but in reality, you do seek feedback and try to improve yourself

You tell them it's BS, citing numerous pieces of evidence. They say they'll look into it. They don't look into it, and you stick with the review you're given.

Actually, I was typing a something in word on a TMSC computer in the computer room. I went to recent documents and I saw a document with my name on it and I opened it I saw what was written so far.

I know i am a hard worker but IE, no. They just have too much expectations in p fresh and they are using it against us during reviews.

lol that's a joke, man. If you were really an IE, then you wouldn't have been promoted.

Does anyone know an approximate date that TL and TM reviews will be given this year? I know i turned in my TM reviews a month ago and my ETL said she already knew her rating.
Thanks in advance.

I will be vague but the rotation for giving the annual reviews is somewhere in the range of 3/26-4/30 according to official corporate communications...

Two questions

2: Lets say you get 11 Es and and 9 IEs, what should your overall score be? Basically, how do that calculate your review scores?

It would be nice if it worked that way, wouldn't it. In reality, it goes something like this.

• In late January, the ETL for a department gets together with the TL(s) for that department, and they discuss the performance of each TM on the team over the past year. The TL(s) put forth their opinions for what score the first TM on the list should get, and make their case as to why. The ETL puts forth their counter/agreement/whatever and so it goes until an agreement is reached. Things such as attendance reports, coachings/correctives, etc. are reviewed and factored in as necessary. Then they move on to the next TM on the list.
  • Once this session concludes, the list is turned into the ETL-HR. They look it over and make sure nothing is wildly out of line, but generally trust that the TL(s) and ETL gave appropriate scores.
  • In early February, the TL(s) begin writing the reviews, making sure to check the boxes and write custom feedback so that the "general feel" of the review matches the score that was chosen a couple of weeks back.
  • As this happens, ETL-HR has submitted the list of scores to whatever higher-up it goes to, math is performed, and the list is returned to ETL-HR. This math looks at what a TM's current wage is and figures out what the raise amount would be based on the score they got (each score has a percentage attached to it). Raises for entire list are summed up for a total.
  • List is returned to ETL-HR. As each store gets a certain amount of money to dole out for raises, the list math results say that you are over, on, or under budget. Depending on if the store is over or under, scores are adjusted by leadership accordingly so that as a whole, the store meets their budget (raise some scores if under budget because why throw out money you've been given, or lower some scores if needed because, well, your limit is your limit, so screw you).
  • Any scores that were changed have the reviews adjusted in whichever ways necessary to make the "general feel" fit the new score.
  • Reviews delivered sometime during late March and early April.

So as much as it would be really great to check the boxes down the list of the review form and have it output a score, it unfortunately does not work that way. It boils down to the leadership of an area sitting down and picking scores out. If you have good leadership who can be fair and impartial, things will work out as they should. If you have crappy leadership, you'll probably get screwed if you aren't in the clique.

The take home point is the part where each score has a percentage attached to it. Once you know this percentage, you can easily figure out what your raise will be depending on what score you might get. This is why we all want to know what those percentages are because we can do the math from there. It is very surprising they haven't been leaked yet. It seems like they were already out by mid-to-late January in years past. The past two years, the percentage amounts were the same both years (low, fyi). Given the economic climate hasn't changed all that much in a positive direction, I'm assuming they'll be the same this year or pretty close.

im so excitited to get another .05 this year! work hard, pick up extra shifts, cross trained everywhere and the reason i get a nickel is because im already getting paid more than 80% of the BR team

Actually, I was typing a something in word on a TMSC computer in the computer room. I went to recent documents and I saw a document with my name on it and I opened it I saw what was written so far.

I know i am a hard worker but IE, no. They just have too much expectations in p fresh and they are using it against us during reviews.

we have had many TL that didn't have a clue how to type something in the computer, and then delete it completely afterward - makes for interesting reading quite often - yup

I know i am a hard worker but IE, no. .

Come to think of it - now that you have that info - begin to compile your list of reasons why that is an unfair review. I really find that this annual review process that we feel so personally obviously, has absolutely no semblance of truth in it.

TL aren't always proficient at writing thorough reviews that are constructive and helpful. Oh, that's an understatement, eh?

Several years ago I was given an absolutely rotten review by a Team Lead who wanted my blood. She was pissed about how the fitting room was always overflowing with reshop. Our fitting rooms were so out of control that sometimes the operator desk was surrounded by 12 carts of apparel. So when she wrote my review, she found a way to make each section about how I was not doing reshop properly. Or fast enough. She even wrote it into the AP section, and gave me a bad score! I was previously a TPS, and got more productive merchandise recoveries than any other team member on the floor.

So here is what I did. I got a big red marker and crossed out everything she wrote that was wrong, and left it on my LOD's desk. A couple days later as he walked by me in the break room, he said "Oh, by the way, that review was rewritten for you."

And it was MUCH better.

In all fairness, I would never try that now.

Last edited:
The reviews are garbage. They can't/won't give credit where it is due, and to only give a 10 cent raise is insulting, especially considering what the jackasses at the top are making when they don't do squat.
Wow 10 cents ,lucky you ! I was given a 5 cents raise last year !!!

Are you ineligible for a raise if you were put on final warning, and does it matter when the final warning was issued?

Wow 10 cents ,lucky you ! I was given a 5 cents raise last year !!!

I am feeling really lucky I got a 12 cent raise last year!! (then another 13 cents when our STL came back from corporate with equalizers for everybody...made me feel like crap that I was getting paid the same amount as somebody who was doing a third of the work I was and had been written up)

I am not really looking forward to this years because I have been a squeaky wheel and holding everybody accountable...they don't seem to like that.

Not looking forward to mine either.
I left just before Q4 & I get along great with the FA ETL but he won't be doing my review since the majority of last yr was under GE :(
Gonna be fun...not!

I've been at my store since 2006. Each year i have had a different person write my review......the last three years I've been a cashier and have had three different people do my review....this year I expect to have another person review me.......hard to have any consistency when each review is done by someone else.

I think that most reviews are written and then "fixed" to match store numbers so that the increase is as small as possible. I have no faith in "fair" and "honest" reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back