REVIEWS

Yeah basically. This TM deserves it, the cream rose to the top last year and this person is clearly above the other 2s. It's unfair but when the spots are limited the ETLs had to throw one on the altar and the rest were inscrutable.
The fact that you are limited by budget is absurd in its own right.

What if you had an entire store of top performers that blew it out of the water? They'd all get shitty reviews and quit.

"Meet me in the middle"says the dishonest man. I take half a step forward and he takes one step back. "Meet me in the middle" says the dishonest man.

Several of our former good TL's were fair and honest and knew what they were doing. It's hard to keep a straight face when you're being reviewed by an arrogant, angry stupid piece of shit who can't write a coherent sentence let alone act in a fair and civil manner. The one I am referencing didn't last long at all. Our first wave of ETL's were terrific as were our TL's.

The fact that you are limited by budget is absurd in its own right.

What if you had an entire store of top performers that blew it out of the water? They'd all get shitty reviews and quit.

"Meet me in the middle"says the dishonest man. I take half a step forward and he takes one step back. "Meet me in the middle" says the dishonest man.
A friend of mine is a financial analyst.

He was graded the highest in every category.

He raise was 2.5% because of "budget".

He is looking for another job.

A friend of mine is a financial analyst.

He was graded the highest in every category.

He raise was 2.5% because of "budget".

He is looking for another job.
I was saying in another thread this is just the industry standard of how it's done.

Which leads to turnover and higher onboarding costs but shareholders are far too shortsighted to care about the longer game.

If they don't care for you, if you have a functional successful family life, a successful child and they don't they will give you a shit review. Immature jealousy. It's historic. Nothing new. Target is no different.

If they don't care for you, if you have a functional successful family life, a successful child and they don't they will give you a shit review. Immature jealousy. It's historic. Nothing new. Target is no different.
Great point.

Our ETL just left and they won't have a replacement for over six weeks.

Target has to find someone that is willing to work 70 hours a week AND is salaried.

Yeah basically. This TM deserves it, the cream rose to the top last year and this person is clearly above the other 2s. It's unfair but when the spots are limited the ETLs had to throw one on the altar and the rest were inscrutable.
This actually happened to me a few years ago. My TL delivered it like I got DEO because that’s what was agreed on and then she flipped to the last page and was like “wtf this isn’t right???” and she checked with ETL and they said they needed to cut and I was the newest, so that’s how they chose.

It was mainly just awkward for my TL delivering it to me. She felt so bad and was pissed off about the decision and the poor communication.

Last edited:
I was always fair in my reviews and judged people more on what they did right than what they did wrong. My peers did not. I wrote personal reviews that made the team at least feel valued if they were only going to get a 2% raise. My peers did not.

I was always overridden by my leadership so on multiple occasions someone got the highest during our leadership discussion and ended up getting middle of the road during the actual review. Those were not my favorite conversations.

Yes, it’s THAT time of year again. TL wrote self reviews and had a meeting a month ago about tm calibration. Not a word since. Anyone been told procedure/dates for this year ? Each year the whole process seems more streamlined. Does anyone know if there Is much required in the way of comments this year ?
Haven’t heard anything, Really reviews don’t mean shit tbh, Just opinions from your TL’s and they don’t always speak facts. When I had my first one last year, Some of it was bullshit that came out of my old ETL’s mouth, Might be the same with my newer one, Idk.

Target reviews are some dumb. Last year my ETL HR printed off the reviews and gave them to my TL. She picks me first and starts telling me that I more or less got a 2 and my raise was whatever it was. I was suspect, because I knew I was getting a DEO, so I asked to look at it and showed her the damn date. It was the previous years. We look around and I find another pile of reviews and point them out. Those were the current ones. All of a sudden I was amazing and was getting the highest raise. This year, I'm expecting a 2 LOL bc I'm not one of my ETLs favorites.

So Tl or etl don’t have much of a say in tm reviews ? I had to go to bat for a team member to get a dio instead of deo with the sd . The sd was like no toy dbo killed it on q4 and I’m like so what also the dbo called out half of the q4 and he was like but she comp 21% and I was like no it wasn’t the dbo is was the fact that I had inbound stock 8 pallets a night and asking 2 dbos on toys on top of the main dbo. And I said I’m sorry but this is based on a year and not q4.

Target reviews are some dumb. Last year my ETL HR printed off the reviews and gave them to my TL. She picks me first and starts telling me that I more or less got a 2 and my raise was whatever it was. I was suspect, because I knew I was getting a DEO, so I asked to look at it and showed her the damn date. It was the previous years. We look around and I find another pile of reviews and point them out. Those were the current ones. All of a sudden I was amazing and was getting the highest raise. This year, I'm expecting a 2 LOL bc I'm not one of my ETLs favorites.
Yep exactly, Bias ass company and I laugh at the people who say it’s a great and fair company cus it’s definitely not. It has its good but not a whole lot.

Several of our former good TL's were fair and honest and knew what they were doing. It's hard to keep a straight face when you're being reviewed by an arrogant, angry stupid piece of shit who can't write a coherent sentence let alone act in a fair and civil manner. The one I am referencing didn't last long at all. Our first wave of ETL's were terrific as were our TL's.
Yep, same here... Target's policy of hiring leadership straight out of college needs to change. These kids are arrogant, stupid, and treat everyone below them like trash... ETLs and especially SDs nned to have some actual experience... What is taught in College in no way translates to the reality of retail

Yep, same here... Target's policy of hiring leadership straight out of college needs to change. These kids are arrogant, stupid, and treat everyone below them like trash... ETLs and especially SDs nned to have some actual experience... What is taught in College in no way translates to the reality of retail
Our new SD has been with the company for 15 years and came up from a TM. She was my mentor when she was a SrTL. She's not only a terrible leader but a terrible human. She is so toxic and gaslights the hell out of the team.

With inflation now running over 8%, I anticipate many TMs (including myself) will jump ship after being offered a pathetic 2.5% raie, which is a spit in the face given the huge price hikes we see around us (including merchandise at Target, as well as gasoline, health expenses etc) So much for the much-ballyhooed TM Stabilization program.

A 2.5% raise with inflation like it is equals a pay cut. And leads all likley get bonus for the great year Spot had.
Does Target store management gets bonuses for not using allocated hours?

Target thinks cutting hours is the same as saving money.

For example you are NOT saving money when you pay an ETL to pick OPUs

Also OPUs get a ton of INFs (especially in grocery) because the item they are looking for is buried in and huge pallet because no one was scheduled.

Does Target store management gets bonuses for not using allocated hours?

Target thinks cutting hours is the same as saving money.

For example you are NOT saving money when you pay an ETL to pick OPUs

Also OPUs get a ton of INFs (especially in grocery) because the item they are looking for is buried in and huge pallet because no one was scheduled.
TLs and up get a bonus for spending either exactly the amount of allocated hours for the year or under, which means they’re going to try to get as close to it as possible without going over. There is no incentive to spending any less than that.

TLs get either $250 or $500 for making payroll, depending on some other factors. So it’s not huge for us. Honestly I would rather just be allowed to spend whatever payroll I feel like is needed than get a one time payment of $500. The problem is that we’d get yelled at for overspending payroll. We are going to try to make payroll whether there is a bonus or not, so I don’t understand why they even bother giving us a bonus.

Back