REVIEWS

Does Target store management gets bonuses for not using allocated hours?

Target thinks cutting hours is the same as saving money.

For example you are NOT saving money when you pay an ETL to pick OPUs

Also OPUs get a ton of INFs (especially in grocery) because the item they are looking for is buried in and huge pallet because no one was scheduled.
They dont get a bonus on being under payroll just meeting payroll. If they were under 20000 hours or 2 hours same bonus

For example you are NOT saving money when you pay an ETL to pick OPUs

Also OPUs get a ton of INFs (especially in grocery) because the item they are looking for is buried in and huge pallet because no one was scheduled.
It may end up costing them in the long run due to mistakes and loss of sales, but having someone who is already in the building doing a job instead of paying someone else does save them payroll, which I have pointed out before. At least in my store, it is obvious that they are willing to sacrifice some things getting done in order to focus on jobs that are measured by metrics. If the ETL doesn't get to something, they will deal with it at a later date - but they have absolutely saved money on payroll, at least on that day.

no
it is; payroll is generally considered one of the most controllable expenses in retail. it's as true at target as it has been at the like 6 other retail corporations i've worked at

no

it is; payroll is generally considered one of the most controllable expenses in retail. it's as true at target as it has been at the like 6 other retail corporations i've worked at
Yup and many/most SDs will do what they have to do to save on payroll, even if it means the salesfloor looks like ass and there are carts of reshop everywhere, which is what we've been dealing with for awhile now.

I haven’t had my review yet but a lot of my peers aren’t too happy with their raises and many TM’s are also unhappy with theirs. HQ either needs to share some of these ridiculous profits with their store teams through merit increases or give us the payroll to take on these larger sales and workload
It sounds like they kept the same percentages as last year. Instead of going back up to 5% for DEO, it's 4% again.

Truth be told, much of each store's "increased sales" (this year compared to prior year) directly results from inflationary price increases.
If inflation continues to get worse, consumers will "cut back" on unnecessary spending out of necessity. This will slow the "increased sales" trend. This is what happens when the economy goes into a recession.

Truth be told, much of each store's "increased sales" (this year compared to prior year) directly results from inflationary price increases.
If inflation continues to get worse, consumers will "cut back" on unnecessary spending out of necessity. This will slow the "increased sales" trend. This is what happens when the economy goes into a recession.
Yep and we can than Joe Biden for it plus the shit going on with Russia and Ukraine for it.

TLs and up get a bonus for spending either exactly the amount of allocated hours for the year or under, which means they’re going to try to get as close to it as possible without going over. There is no incentive to spending any less than that.

TLs get either $250 or $500 for making payroll, depending on some other factors. So it’s not huge for us. Honestly I would rather just be allowed to spend whatever payroll I feel like is needed than get a one time payment of $500. The problem is that we’d get yelled at for overspending payroll. We are going to try to make payroll whether there is a bonus or not, so I don’t understand why they even bother giving us a bonus.
You not meeting payroll i guess affects the bonuses above you.

There are guidelines, not hard limits.
It depends. If you can back up your actions through the leadership chain, there are no hard limits. If you can't give your DSD a solid reason for why you went over budget, you've hit a brick wall.

Got my review today. My TL, bless his heart had not a single positive thing to say. Just complained that my attitiude was too negative and that I need to be quicker to respond to fulfillment backup requests. And, then, he handed me a piece of paper that said DEO. So, about those fulfillment backup requests and my attitude: fuck off.

My TL is an idiot by the way.

From TM to ETL in ONLY FIFTEEN YEARS! /s :rolleyes:
Sounds like this person should NOT have been made ETL. The correct decision made for 14 years and suddenly - a poor choice made. It could be that filling the positions have become so difficult that even those NOT qualified are being placed - and the stores are showing it. We also have a new ETL, or two, or three, that are NOT the caliber we used to have. Pity us, things are bad. Poor decisions have put us where we are- in a shit show.

Got my review today. My TL, bless his heart had not a single positive thing to say. Just complained that my attitiude was too negative and that I need to be quicker to respond to fulfillment backup requests. And, then, he handed me a piece of paper that said DEO. So, about those fulfillment backup requests and my attitude: fuck off.

My TL is an idiot by the way.
Good for you seasonaldude ! I am glad that your SD recognized your worth even if your TL didn’t. Possibly jealous are they ?

Sounds like this person should NOT have been made ETL. The correct decision made for 14 years and suddenly - a poor choice made. It could be that filling the positions have become so difficult that even those NOT qualified are being placed - and the stores are showing it. We also have a new ETL, or two, or three, that are NOT the caliber we used to have. Pity us, things are bad. Poor decisions have put us where we are- in a shit show.
she was friends with the sd before he was an SD

she was friends with the sd before he was an SD
Seems like a risky move for the SD career wise.

My ETL is supposedly not being replaced until a newly minted college graduate to finish their internship.

It seems Target can't get a TL to become an ETL because of the switch from hourly (with overtime) to salaried isn't worth it.

Everyone talks about how cutting hours leads to higher bonuses. Fact is, promoting within your store leads to promotions for yourself.
But it doesn’t. The store only needs to make payroll by 1. All SDs understand that if they don’t use all the hours given, they will be given less next year. They also understand that using every hour given gets the most accomplished which drives sales.
Im tired of people thinking SDs are saving thousands of hours to cushion their bonus. It just isn’t true AT ALL!

But it doesn’t. The store only needs to make payroll by 1. All SDs understand that if they don’t use all the hours given, they will be given less next year. They also understand that using every hour given gets the most accomplished which drives sales.
Im tired of people thinking SDs are saving thousands of hours to cushion their bonus. It just isn’t true AT ALL!
Oh, I know this. I just think team members focus on payroll so much when it is not ever a store decision to use fewer hours than they absolutely have to. I find leader churn to be more concerning--promote, promote, promote--don't train, don't train, don't train--term, term, term--promote, promote, promote. For whatever reason, promoting people is seen as a good thing while actually training them for the job and supporting them through their first year is not.

Back