MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Also I don't know if this has happened anywhere else yet, but they just started scheduling Plano, pricing and signing from 9-5:30. Nothing is getting done anymore.
Didn't they change it company-wide to 8-4:30 a few years ago? And then everyone kinda went back to the old times eventually.

Also I don't know if this has happened anywhere else yet, but they just started scheduling Plano, pricing and signing from 9-5:30. Nothing is getting done anymore.

We are 6 to 230 most days. If the workload is heavy, we'll do 4 to 1230. For cosmetics, we did 4 days, 9 to 730am.

So on another note, I've had some issues with my hours lately. I know we are all in the Q1 blues right now but...

When it comes to signing hours for the Signing Team Member where exactly are those calculated from?

I always thought it was the adjacency calendar but this past month my hours have been significantly less than what the adjacency calendar planned for signing.

@HRZone signing should still get the generic 28.5hrs or more... correct? I printed it out but I know etl-r is gonna fight and say its not shown in the allotment, I only get what's left after prep and set for ad... help? They are giving me one maybe two days a week... and not enough pog or pricing hours to fill these days. I need my vacation time for family doctor visits or I'd not worry...

Shit so I posted this last week and no one responded. But it looks Like it's your store is also doing the same. They are taking the hours from the adjacency calendar and then giving half to the Ad prep/put up team and then whatever is left is for me. I haven't gotten all my hours in a while.

Shit so I posted this last week and no one responded. But it looks Like it's your store is also doing the same. They are taking the hours from the adjacency calendar and then giving half to the Ad prep/put up team and then whatever is left is for me. I haven't gotten all my hours in a while.
There's a breakdown somewhere of how many hours are needed for prep and setup. The leftover should match the adjacency hours, but that doesn't allot for nop signing such as fos, specialty value, etc. As I understood it our hours should match 28.5 plus adjacency hours not covered by pog/ e2e teams. Hence how by a with 68.2 hrs gets a full 40hrs and pog had to pitch in building shippers.

Didn't they change it company-wide to 8-4:30 a few years ago? And then everyone kinda went back to the old times eventually.
default times are 6am for pog/ signing, 8am for pricing. Mytime will do this which only works for 1/4th of my team and their wants...

I think my store is doing that too. HR gave me a copy of the breakdown of hours for the store, and it shows on the next schedule signing is getting 42 hours, with 20 for the signing TM and 22 for ad prep and setup.

default times are 6am for pog/ signing, 8am for pricing. Mytime will do this which only works for 1/4th of my team and their wants...
I just recall seeing a thread on here with a ton of people complaining about it. My store never did it, except for a brief period last year when only flow/br/sfs were allowed to work before 7am (due to E2E).

I think my store is doing that too. HR gave me a copy of the breakdown of hours for the store, and it shows on the next schedule signing is getting 42 hours, with 20 for the signing TM and 22 for ad prep and setup.

I just recall seeing a thread on here with a ton of people complaining about it. My store never did it, except for a brief period last year when only flow/br/sfs were allowed to work before 7am (due to E2E).
I make it a priority to find enough stuff to do with the wav that I'd be on the flour after open if I came in at 6am. Plus the br doesn't share well so the truck unload time is a freebie to not impact their lives by using it for awhile.

the what over where

Lol, maybe you don't have this pog? Can't recall the name of the pog, but it is located near the men's shave, men's deodorant, electric shave, and male soap. It has men's beard & hair color, some Old Spice, Axe, & Creamo hair product, men's Head & Shoulders, and men's fragrances. On the shelf below the fragrances is a 4 ft tester just like the ones that were in the old fragrance pog.

Lol, maybe you don't have this pog? Can't recall the name of the pog, but it is located near the men's shave, men's deodorant, electric shave, and male soap. It has men's beard & hair color, some Old Spice, Axe, & Creamo hair product, men's Head & Shoulders, and men's fragrances. On the shelf below the fragrances is a 4 ft tester just like the ones that were in the old fragrance pog.

Weird, we only have men's fragrances over on the actual fragrance POG. Three shelves of Good Chemistry, one shelf of Good Chemistry testers, one shelf (lockbox) of women's perfume, one shelf (lockbox) of men's perfume.

Weird, we only have men's fragrances over on the actual fragrance POG. Three shelves of Good Chemistry, one shelf of Good Chemistry testers, one shelf (lockbox) of women's perfume, one shelf (lockbox) of men's perfume.
Us too. Don't miss that crap.

Finally got our printer shipment. The number allocated on the spreadsheet was on top of the original push. So exited!

OH MY GOD SO THE NEWEST EPISODE OF SUPERSTORE FEATURES AN OVERHEAD SIGN FALLING FROM THE CEILING

LITERALLY MY WORST FEAR.

TOO REAL.

Flow team keeps pushing the umbro mannequin and overhead sign off to the side to do sort. I’m afraid one of these times they’re gonna rip it off.

Flow team keeps pushing the umbro mannequin and overhead sign off to the side to do sort. I’m afraid one of these times they’re gonna rip it off.
Fuck no. I fought them over the cloth banners as it was ripping them from the support stoppers (the end plastic things you can't order by themselves). They touch the umbro banner its over. I'm also not moving it, the mannequin aren't moving.

Fuck no. I fought them over the cloth banners as it was ripping them from the support stoppers (the end plastic things you can't order by themselves). They touch the umbro banner its over. I'm also not moving it, the mannequin aren't moving.

Agreed, fuck no. Mannequins and signing should be considered permanent fixtures and not moved for anything as movable as truck sorting.

OH MY GOD SO THE NEWEST EPISODE OF SUPERSTORE FEATURES AN OVERHEAD SIGN FALLING FROM THE CEILING

LITERALLY MY WORST FEAR.

TOO REAL.

I laughed so hard at this episode. I've had several overheads fall as I am trying to hang them, usually from weak wires giving up from the weight of the sign.

I truly lost it when Glenn revealed the use of duct tape on the signing. My go-to is foam tape, lol.

Some corporate fucker who does VM wants us to reorder the cloth banners again. We took them down because they kept falling and he wants them back.

Our first Umbro sign came in broken so the VM ordered two just to be on the safe side. So now we have two. But we're also not putting them up, because we're about to start the softlines portion of the remodel and also the ceiling over in that section of the store has no tiles.

Alright kids... went to put the acrylic dividers up on the baby trial size endcap... but 3ft shelves don't fit the bullseye playground dividers. They can't snap in the back? Wtf?

Here's a question I have for everyone. So a few months ago they sent us sign holders to put in the Tabletop and Domestic aisles to replace our white cardboard headers. They also did not send the white inserts for the holders and I remember seeing a messgaesaying they would send them at a different date. Has anyone ever received them? I've been ordering them but can only order 5 at a time.

Here's a question I have for everyone. So a few months ago they sent us sign holders to put in the Tabletop and Domestic aisles to replace our white cardboard headers. They also did not send the white inserts for the holders and I remember seeing a messgaesaying they would send them at a different date. Has anyone ever received them? I've been ordering them but can only order 5 at a time.
I got none of them except cookware and bed. I really should mysupport and get them ordered. Bet it will cost me $$$. The fact tag fillers cost me $22 each, I spent almost 500 on what I needed. :p

Back