MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Only one of those atrocious boxes was actually for the power aisle. The others are supposed to go elsewhere in the store. But I got duplicate kits of the power aisle and grocery so only had to put up those two. Not gonna bother mySupporting the rest, not worth the effort since each box took two hours to put up! The VM can do it if he wants.

And seriously, thank God I have extras of every wire and ceiling clip!! Burning through 12" wires like crazy with this ISM.

I don't know! I'm pretty sure I have enough wires, I ordered a shit-ton after they introduced them & we all ran out a couple Christmases ago. I'm more worried about running out of ceiling clips as I've already had to delve into my extra stash of the newer ones which I hate using.

I'm going to attempt this beast tomorrow morning. 🙏🙏🙏
At least you have ceiling clips to spare. I ordered spares last year but they all went missing when the leaders "cleaned" the fixture room w/o me. Now I am all out. I placed an order about a month and a half ago but they still haven't come in. No power aisle until I get more. I should be set on wires though, so that's a plus.

Going to do the power aisle this week but what is in the other boxes? Every box is labeled power aisle...are they all different?...seems like over-kill...I got plenty of supplies to do it but if they go all around the store I am going to have to see where the 10 days of toys OH goes before I start.

Going to do the power aisle this week but what is in the other boxes? Every box is labeled power aisle...are they all different?...seems like over-kill...I got plenty of supplies to do it but if they go all around the store I am going to have to see where the 10 days of toys OH goes before I start.

I got 0 hours for signing this week. All that will just sit in the back until I toss it closer to Christmas. Merry Christmas wasted money!!

there's a vmg showing you where they all go, i think it's in company space and then holiday store maps.

Yes, the boxes go in various areas throughout the store. I got shorted for 3 areas so only two of mine are up; sent duplicates of power aisle and grocery though- thanks for the recycling, Corporate/DC!

I have plenty of clips left, but only because I ordered extras in the last year.

I believe the 10 days OHs for toys will go in Seasonal and Toys. Pallets of toys are coming to be placed where the tree tables currently reside. Spot got aggressive this year with getting these trees outta here! Any unsold display trees are supposed to be donated by Dec 14th!!

Last edited:
Yes, the boxes go in various areas throughout the store. I got shorted for 3 areas so only two of mine are up; sent duplicates of power aisle and grocery though- thanks for the recycling, Corporate/DC!

lol i got three of the power aisle overheads and two of the grocery too. how did they screw that up so badly.

lol i got three of the power aisle overheads and two of the grocery too. how did they screw that up so badly.
I got the same thing. Thought they were to be all different. Also, none of them have the pear clips that the 13' stores need so I had to resort to zip-ties.

I got the same thing. Thought they were to be all different. Also, none of them have the pear clips that the 13' stores need so I had to resort to zip-ties.

yeah i didn't get pear clips either though i'm a 14' store so it obviously didn't matter to me. just weird because they sent the pear clips for the fos overheads.

Does anyone know how to get more ceiling clips? Or if I can find something useful at Home Depot or Lowes. I wasn't planning on putting the other 3 power aisle boxes up since we have no more ceiling clips, but we recently had a visit and they want it all up :( Now that I think about it, I'm gonna need more ceiling clips anyways for the 10 Days Of Toys overheads lol

Does anyone know how to get more ceiling clips? Or if I can find something useful at Home Depot or Lowes. I wasn't planning on putting the other 3 power aisle boxes up since we have no more ceiling clips, but we recently had a visit and they want it all up :( Now that I think about it, I'm gonna need more ceiling clips anyways for the 10 Days Of Toys overheads lol

Honestly, everyone is in the same boat as you so borrowing from another store is not an option and if you order them on GoCart, there's no way to get them in time to make hanging all that worthwhile.

These might work though:

You can have your ETLs order them here: Swivel Ceiling Grid Clip | siffron - https://siffron.com/product/395/swivel-ceiling-grid-clip

It will take about a week to arrive which is not worth it like SigningLady said. You do have the option to do 2nd day/overnight for $25-35 bucks if they need it that badly, but it will probably go down in less than 2 weeks by the time it's up.

What's going on in trim a tree next week?? I'm scheduled 2 days for it and haven't looked into it honestly.

Prep for the pog changes the following week most likely. The North Pole and Winter Blush ornament pogs get moved in to the other ornament pogs and their space becomes wrap/gift boxes/gift tags. Also, the tree tables will come down and become toy pallet space.

Were there supposed to be Presentation hours dropped in for that? Our whole POG team is scheduled in toys, and as far as I've seen, they didn't schedule anyone to make those changes. :rolleyes:

Were there supposed to be Presentation hours dropped in for that? Our whole POG team is scheduled in toys, and as far as I've seen, they didn't schedule anyone to make those changes. :rolleyes:

Yes, I am scheduled 8 hours that week to set it. But I am also scheduled 8 hours in GM the day before in Seasonal too.

Yall ready for the Spring fixture room refresh in late January??

We only have 2 presentation at my store anymore. If we're busy with HBA then they'll probably schedule some random GM to do the fixture room. I shall look forward to everything being put into completely obscure places that don't make sense, just like the other two times the fixture room has been "organized".

How do you manually print a 7x11. Like the ones for ad?
Scan item, print signs and label, 7x11.

Then go to signs and label on the Mywork menu, connect to print and select the batch you just created.

If you’re talking about the target circle 7x11s you can only print those if there is a sign number provided but typically you can’t.

Back