Starbucks Team Leaders

Well that makes sense. I can't even get replacement signs for the display case items that the Satanist threw out on her last day, so a dishwasher seems unlikely.

I think your store and @Shm82 store should combine to be the inspiration for a Superstore spin-off. Superstore: Food Service Edition.

Hmm. My store doesn't like to use the correct pumps; it's too confusing for them.
"We're not Starbucks. We're Target."

I can't make this shit up.

(Card says hot bar pump, as you can see.)

Seriously, WTF, if I walk into a Starbucks in a Target I expect to get the same drink that I ordered at at the Starbucks down the street.
If the staff isn't handling operations in the correct manner how are they going to expect to turn out consistent product?
If you are running your own coffee shop cool, do things how you want.
We have dozens of coffee carts up here that do just that.
But if you have that logo over your door it's best to follow the recipes and procedures.

Last edited:
Seriously, WTF, if I walk into a Starbucks in a Target I expect to get the same drink that I ordered at at the Starbucks down the street.
If the staff isn't handling operations in the correct manner how are they going to expect to turn out consistent product?
If you are running your own coffee shop cool, do things how you want.
We have dozens of coffee carts up here that do just that.
But if you have that logo over your door it's best to follow the recipes and procedures.

Oh, you don't have to tell me. I 100% agree. Consistency. It blows my mind every damn day. So, until somebody puts it in writing that I should purposely do it differently than the recipe card, I am following it.
I was literally told that we are Target first, Starbucks second.
I don't get it. Really.

We just got back our spring/summer goals and we did terribly. We are out of compliance on training, ast and baristas, store operations, customer connection, average ticket, pike compliance.

What do customer connection and Pike compliance mean? Our stl said that it's capture rate and order it Pike but our capture rate is decent and we order the recommended amount of Pike.

Other than the training stuff, any suggestion for how to increase sales?

Is your store following coffee routine & cycle task from the customer support role? Is your team making conversation with guests and getting to know them? Try having someone sample and walk around the store making convo with guests
We just got back our spring/summer goals and we did terribly. We are out of compliance on training, ast and baristas, store operations, customer connection, average ticket, pike compliance.

What do customer connection and Pike compliance mean? Our stl said that it's capture rate and order it Pike but our capture rate is decent and we order the recommended amount of Pike.

Other than the training stuff, any suggestion for how to increase sales?

Customer connection is like guest surveys. Pike is how much Pike you order. They also keep track of iced coffee and cold brew now, so maybe they lumped those in. Iced coffee must be made twice per day.

Is your store following coffee routine & cycle task from the customer support role? Is your team making conversation with guests and getting to know them? Try having someone sample and walk around the store making convo with guests

ROFLMAO
I work alone 50% of the time. I could never walk around and sample.

Half of the team cares. The other half does not. Makes it tough depending on who gets the survey.

When you get the guest's name for the cup, confirm the spelling. If they say, "Yeah, close enough." Stop, take a moment, get it right. Make the connection. Half the time, they'll tell YOU a story about their name. Talk to guests. Make them feel welcome. I can thank people in at least 8 languages. Not tough. Talk about the products. Know what's new. Make sure you have tried everything (unless you have a food allergy). I swear if one more person ever says, "I don't know. I have not tried it," I may faint. Try instead, "It's really popular. Guests like it because... (it's sweet, it's refreshing, etc)." Best selling item? Carmel Frap Grande. Sell 2 per order. You'll be way over the average ticket amount.

We are way over the average ticket price too. Best way to do that is know about every single promotion. Something is 25% off on Cartwheel? Tell everyone. Tell the TMs too. They can be your best customers. Offer a specific item. Worst question ever, "Anything else?" Never sell one cake pop. They should be sold in 2's. They are cheaper that way. 3 out of 4 times when I mention that, people will buy two. Turn every "large" tea into a Trenta. Most people don't even know it's an option. If somebody is using the app for a coffee or tea, let them know about the free refills. Remind them, "Stop by Starbucks first, do your shopping, come back for a refill on your way out."

Yes, I have been doing this for many years. I literally can sell you anything, and you'll be happy that you bought it. My garage sales are epic.

Some stores have the coverage, some don't. And even without great coverage it takes 1 minute to make samples. If we don't have enough coverage we leave them at handoff which isn't 100% brand but half the time samples won't even make it out of the lobby..
ROFLMAO
I work alone 50% of the time. I could never walk around and sample.

Half of the team cares. The other half does not. Makes it tough depending on who gets the survey.

When you get the guest's name for the cup, confirm the spelling. If they say, "Yeah, close enough." Stop, take a moment, get it right. Make the connection. Half the time, they'll tell YOU a story about their name. Talk to guests. Make them feel welcome. I can thank people in at least 8 languages. Not tough. Talk about the products. Know what's new. Make sure you have tried everything (unless you have a food allergy). I swear if one more person ever says, "I don't know. I have not tried it," I may faint. Try instead, "It's really popular. Guests like it because... (it's sweet, it's refreshing, etc)." Best selling item? Carmel Frap Grande. Sell 2 per order. You'll be way over the average ticket amount.

We are way over the average ticket price too. Best way to do that is know about every single promotion. Something is 25% off on Cartwheel? Tell everyone. Tell the TMs too. They can be your best customers. Offer a specific item. Worst question ever, "Anything else?" Never sell one cake pop. They should be sold in 2's. They are cheaper that way. 3 out of 4 times when I mention that, people will buy two. Turn every "large" tea into a Trenta. Most people don't even know it's an option. If somebody is using the app for a coffee or tea, let them know about the free refills. Remind them, "Stop by Starbucks first, do your shopping, come back for a refill on your way out."

Yes, I have been doing this for many years. I literally can sell you anything, and you'll be happy that you bought it. My garage sales are epic.

Some stores have the coverage, some don't. And even without great coverage it takes 1 minute to make samples. If we don't have enough coverage we leave them at handoff which isn't 100% brand but half the time samples won't even make it out of the lobby..

Yep. We aren't allowed to leave them at the counter. Thus, we need two TMs working to do it.

Our ETL will pull a cashier or CA to carry around samples for us; all we have to do is give them the skinny on what they're carrying.
I've had sales jump within the hour the tray went out.

Back