Starbucks Team Leaders

This lady wanted an unsweetened lemonade for her kid who 'couldn't have sugar'. I told her that the lemonade already had sugar in it. She said that the regular Starbucks can make it for her and then left the line.

Is there a barista somewhere lying to her in which case, I tip my hat to you sir. I was going to inform her that lemonade minus the sugar is water with lemon but the next thing I need is another guest complaint finding its way to my STL..
The best is when a guest asks for something extra hot and says they want it at 250* and that "the other Starbucks" did it. I want to go to this "other Starbucks" where they can presumably bend the laws of physics. Some people just lie to difficult guests to make them shut up and it ends up creating difficult situations down the road.

Anyone know the DCPI for the container we use to make Cold Brew? I think it was called a toddy but I could only find the numbers for the filters.

Anyone know the DCPI for the container we use to make Cold Brew? I think it was called a toddy but I could only find the numbers for the filters.
I have it, I'll try and post it when I get to work. You can find it on the updated master item list still.

Fixed a lady an Americano the other day & she told me she 'didn't want the extra cup because she just throws it away'.
I said 'Ma'am, the water I put in is scalding hot so the extra cup is for MY protection when handing it off.'

Voluntary term form has nothing to do with what they want. Ask all HR (TM, TL, ETL) as needed to get the form. Don't let them hold you back

Resign from Target? Or from Sbux?

SBUX. They can't replace me. Um, yeah I know. Why is that my problem? I'm trained in other workcenters. My weekage average was cut in half when I moved. I'm tired of working alone most of the time. The shifts are all 4-4.75 hours too.

ETA: I got the highest raise (5%) and nothing but praise this year. My TL from the last workcenter was teary eyed when we did the review. They miss me.
It's not that I don't like SBUX or that I'm not good at it, I don't want a 6 day workweek with 24 hours.

SBUX. They can't replace me. Um, yeah I know. Why is that my problem? I'm trained in other workcenters. My weekage average was cut in half when I moved. I'm tired of working alone most of the time. The shifts are all 4-4.75 hours too.
Oh you mean you want out of Starbucks. Unfortunately, that's their decision, not yours.

Oh you mean you want out of Starbucks. Unfortunately, that's their decision, not yours.

Not exactly, since when I agreed to move, they agreed to let me move back if I hated it. The workcenter is a revolving door. I can't fix it on limited hours. It's much better, but it crashed and burned last week again.

SBUX. They can't replace me. Um, yeah I know. Why is that my problem? I'm trained in other workcenters. My week average was cut in half when I moved. I'm tired of working alone most of the time. The shifts are all 4-4.75 hours too.

ETA: I got the highest raise (5%) and nothing but praise this year. My TL from the last workcenter was teary eyed when we did the review. They miss me.
It's not that I don't like SBUX or that I'm not good at it, I don't want a 6 day workweek with 24 hours.
Not what you 'agreed to', I'm sure.

Not exactly, since when I agreed to move, they agreed to let me move back if I hated it. The workcenter is a revolving door. I can't fix it on limited hours. It's much better, but it crashed and burned last week again.
I look for them to go back on the 'agreement' & leave you there.

Your only leverage might be quitting altogether since they've got you busting your butt without addressing the problems at SB.

I'm going to see how it plays out through August. It is a disaster right now. For the second time in 6 months, the weekly order was missed. (I am not in charge of ordering, although I have volunteered to do it.) I think that the stores around us have decided to quit letting us borrow stuff. I'd quit letting us borrow stuff. It's out of control.

I'm going to see how it plays out through August. It is a disaster right now. For the second time in 6 months, the weekly order was missed. (I am not in charge of ordering, although I have volunteered to do it.) I think that the stores around us have decided to quit letting us borrow stuff. I'd quit letting us borrow stuff. It's out of control.
Are you the SBTL? Or do you have one?

We have one. It's not me. Thank God. I'd be so embarassed the way everything is running right now. I was under the impression, the TL might be leaving, but no word yet for sure. The TL has no management experience or education. It's not a good situation.

They're probably planning on leaving you there if the TL leaves.
If you step up & start doing the order, etc they'll REALLY leave you there & take full advantage of your work ethic.
Been there, dun that, have the bodies in the walk-in to show for it.

Last edited:
They're probably planning on leaving you there in the TL leaves.
If you step up & start doing the order, etc they'll REALLY leave you there & take full advantage of your work ethic.
Been there, dun that, have the bodies in the walk-in to show for it.

But meanwhile, I am not going to be doing 6 x 4 hour shifts (as in I was able to give them away). Apparently, they are working something out about that. Waiting to see when the schedule comes out.
There are systems in place to allow us to be successful. We just don't use them.

I think I'm going to steal this quote from you.

I'll swing by and you can make me a Cascara Latte.

I have a million of them (quotes).

It is true though. It's all there. We don't need to reinvent the wheel. The TL has access to many things on workbench that are useful. Whether or not they chose to use them, is up to them.

"We have always done it this way. I don't know why." That's my biggest issue. So much stuff gets done mindlessly. If you know why you are doing something, you will know why it's wrong when things don't work.

Back