Starbucks Team Leaders

So what is going on with Cascara? In the summer, we were auto shipped a ton of syrup to promote the Iced Coconut Milk Cascara Latte. Since than it has fallen off the menu. So what can we do with the syrup? Is it a core item now? Can we simply just QMOS out the remaining bottles? We have the holiday Syrups/Sauces incoming next week. And would love to free up some space.

Ours was doing something similar so I took it apart & it looked like the plunger piece (that black stick with a gasket at the bottom) was too tight so I switched it out with one from an older pump & it works fine.
That's one of the few pieces that is interchangeable on any of the metal pumps, tho.
Re: cascara - we make maybe 1-2 a week on those. Would like to see that go bye-bye.

You can always chalk a sign for Cascara Latte for a few weeks to try to get some of it used up. It was more popular that way at my store.

th

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

Is anyone else having trouble getting java chips in? A store near me has been out for about two months and my store hasn't received any since mid-August, despite multiple orders by multiple different people. We're almost done with our last bag :(. I tried to order it again today and not only was it not orderable, but it said it was discontinued. There's no way they would actually discontinue this incredibly popular and profitable item and I can't find any communication anywhere saying there would be a new type of chocolate chip with a new DPCI or anything like that.

Haven't heard anything about them being discontinued but we've had serious issues with supply orders on Starbucks AND cafe.
We'll order a particular item several weeks running without receiving it (usually running out) only to get multiples of what we ordered back in, usually with short expry dates.

I remembering reading the Starbucks Weekly Update on Workbench a few weeks ago that ordering for Java Chips will be turned off until mid or late October. As it switches from coming in with the Refrigerated products (the Evo drinks we sell) for the store (for my store, produce/dairy). To coming in along side our normal Starbucks pallet.

In my area that's gonna result in huge melted globs in each pouch o_O
There was a reason we had to load up in March & couldn't get any until October.

That what I remember reading. I'll pull it up when I work tomorrow. It happened last year too. Java Chips are on the frozen pastry/sandwich order guide and will be moved to the main Starbucks order guide. Because in the summer it is too hot to transport with our normal stuff. But the winter, it is fine to.

That used to be the case in my area. Then we had an FDC built near us about 4 years ago when all the stores became PFreshes, so the java chips and a few other items come on the refrigerated trucks, which come daily now. When I heard that a nearby store was out, I laughed because they can get that product back in stock in under 48 hours easy. Now it's happening to me, despite ordering it almost 10 separate times over the last 5-6 weeks. Other than the Evolution smoothie concentrates, I've never ordered a core Starbucks beverage ingredient and not had it show up. Not once in 4.5 years, that I can remember.

@Xanatos, also out of chips, and they keep not coming in. We have the exact same experience after switching to pfresh. If they are going back to this, they needed to give stores a heads up alot sooner.

Is anyone else having trouble getting java chips in? A store near me has been out for about two months and my store hasn't received any since mid-August, despite multiple orders by multiple different people. We're almost done with our last bag :(. I tried to order it again today and not only was it not orderable, but it said it was discontinued. There's no way they would actually discontinue this incredibly popular and profitable item and I can't find any communication anywhere saying there would be a new type of chocolate chip with a new DPCI or anything like that.
I wish I could give you some of my million cases. :(

So how about that Zombie Frappuccino guys? Everyone ready for the second coming of Unicorn level madness?!

/Cries internally
please don't discuss unreleased drinks. this is going to recreate the shit show of unicorn. they didn't give us warning because they didn't want word out. at least now we know when and can schedule for it.

When you pump the lightly sweet chai pump it takes forever to go back to original place we have to manually push it back up to get another pump..which sucks when we are in a hurry.. the pumps were already built when I took over..anyone else have the same issue or could it be that when it was put together they used wrong pump? We have 2 and both take forever to lift up
they are at least in my store rarely used. so it takes some pushing to get them soft enough.

It's too late on that one. The info has already leaked to some new sites. Pretty sure it is intentional like the Unicorn to ungicreate buzz...

It’s Official: Starbucks Zombie Frappuccino Coming October 26th
this is from starbucks employees talking about it. until its announced by starbucks its not ok to talk about.

this was the biggest complaint about unicorn. they didn't tell us how to staff for it, or what products to order. if we keep talking about it they'll again do the repeat of unicorn where they let you know just as soon as its about to be released.

We have been informed of the ingredients and they gave us enough of a heads up to schedule accordingly already. I think we are more prepared for this compared to the Unicorn. Since we have Halloween LTO each year anyways. Last year was the Frappula Frappuccino.

Anyways, I only mentioned the name nothing more than that. Advertisement via Social Media starts tomorrow according to my DM.

Last edited:
Back