Starbucks Team Leaders

I’m struggling with making conversation with guest at the bar area..I’m naturally really quiet and don’t like talking but want to improve..any suggestions on what to talk to guest at bar and handoff area?

It can be difficult to make conversation while on bar. When the new drinks come out, you can ask people who order it if it is the first time they have tried it. Cliché as it sounds, the weather is usually a good topic. "Must be getting colder. Everyone is getting hot drinks." If they are wearing something with a sports team, you can say something about that. Keep it short and simple. Half the time you will not be able to hear them anyway.

I’m struggling with making conversation with guest at the bar area..I’m naturally really quiet and don’t like talking but want to improve..any suggestions on what to talk to guest at bar and handoff area?
I think that helped me get better at making drinks quickly when I first started. Then you get the pour overs and the people with 5+ shots...

But really yeah it takes practice. Yetive is right - talk about Starbucks, the weather, whatever. It's cheesy, but sometimes that's how small talk goes.

if you talk to them by name, make eye contact and smile, they'll talk to you. i was really bad at social stuff before retail. people initiating the conversation helped a lot.

Last week trick or treating event, this week Hearth & Hand. Another of crazy endless lines of people. Bring it on weekend before Thanksgiving!

Hey guys, is there a better resource to check delivery order dates? I've used the tool on work bench but my orders don't seem to line up. Obviously frozen can be ordered for next day with the consumables truck but the rest all dry and paper is currently showing as 1 week out deliveries on my device. Super confused!

The main Starbucks order takes somewhere around 5 or 6 days. The myDevice might say something like "Order by Friday 11am, receive Wednesday 11am" so you have to order it by Friday morning to receive it the following Wednesday.

Edit: You can order it early though. In the example above, I'd recommend having an "order day" on Wednesday where you process the order that comes in and place the order that will come in the following week. Ordering it a day or 2 early also prevents mistakes happening - whenever there is a holiday, there is a chance your order day might change, so it might be due on Thursday instead of Friday. If you order it late, sometimes it still comes in on time, but other times you won't get anything at all and you'll have to do a lot of borrowing if you don't already have 2 weeks worth of inventory on hand.

Last edited:
The the order guide right now there are two different holiday paper cups for each size.

One labeled as:
Red Holiday Cups

And

Non-retail Holiday Cups

Which one is the correct one to order?

The main Starbucks order takes somewhere around 5 or 6 days. The myDevice might say something like "Order by Friday 11am, receive Wednesday 11am" so you have to order it by Friday morning to receive it the following Wednesday.

Edit: You can order it early though. In the example above, I'd recommend having an "order day" on Wednesday where you process the order that comes in and place the order that will come in the following week. Ordering it a day or 2 early also prevents mistakes happening - whenever there is a holiday, there is a chance your order day might change, so it might be due on Thursday instead of Friday. If you order it late, sometimes it still comes in on time, but other times you won't get anything at all and you'll have to do a lot of borrowing if you don't already have 2 weeks worth of inventory on hand.
It's not always. My order is due by Monday at 11am, but I get it by Friday of that same week. Sometimes even Thursday if they're fast.

But I definitely second the ordering early. Not only just for timing, but it gives you a chance to have a second pair of eyes look at what you've ordered and see if you've forgotten anything. You'd be surprised the amount of times someone has forgotten to order something basic like Pike or Espresso, and we would've been down to borrowing or using 1lb bullets if a second person didn't look over it.

Hey guys, is there a better resource to check delivery order dates? I've used the tool on work bench but my orders don't seem to line up. Obviously frozen can be ordered for next day with the consumables truck but the rest all dry and paper is currently showing as 1 week out deliveries on my device. Super confused!
That being said, this is probably an accurate turn around. I don't know how accurate the myDevice is, even. I certainly don't trust its cutoff times and delivery estimates, as I've seen them be wrong a few times. But the delivery schedule on Workbench should be accurate, so just keep looking on there. Good idea to look every week anyways, to account for what Xanatos said about order days changing on holidays and such.

The the order guide right now there are two different holiday paper cups for each size.

One labeled as:
Red Holiday Cups

And

Non-retail Holiday Cups

I just ordered the Red ones. I can let you know what comes in (or doesn't) on Friday. xD

Hah. I misread--brain somehow translated "following Wednesday" as like... 12 days later, not 5. Even though you said 5-6. Don't mind me. Although to be fair, my example is 3-4 days, so teeeechnically what I said still applies. ;P

it depends who delivers yours stuff. for us we have c&s deliver frozen/refigerated. they are on a tuesday/thur/sat delivery.
milk is on a mon/fri delivery

everything else outside sap is order by monday 9 am. we get them usually monday next week but can take till wednesday.

sap can take 2-6 weeks. 2 if its in stock, extra if they don't want to tell you its out of stock and just lie that they sent it!

One labeled as:
Red Holiday Cups

And

Non-retail Holiday Cups

i'd order both. worst case you have cups you throw away. first holiday but past years we have been out of cups a lot. the way they describe ordering cups sounds like a nightmare. order holiday cups only till they run out (and we wont tell you this) and then they'll turn on ordering of regular cups.

Are you referring to a shipper? We received a shipper for Holiday keurig items but it's for Market not for us.
Thank you this is exactly what I meant !

Also I searched the forum and read that eggnog is literally just a mixture of 2/3 eggnog from the sales floor with 1/3 nonfat? Wanted to confirm because my store hasn't been selling eggnog lattes at all since the soft launch.

i'd order both. worst case you have cups you throw away. first holiday but past years we have been out of cups a lot. the way they describe ordering cups sounds like a nightmare. order holiday cups only till they run out (and we wont tell you this) and then they'll turn on ordering of regular cups.
When I did my order last week there was no option for non-retail holiday cups..only red was in my book so that's what I ordered.

DO NOT go by the workbench schedule for SBUX orders. Last holiday we went with the delivery sched on workbench for our sbux order and ended up having a ton of issues like missing orders and such. When this happened I reached out to the LSR and that's when I discovered ISTORE. IStore has all the info you need about the starbucks order (not mcclane or c&s) like what you ordered, what is on its way, location of truck, projected delivery date & when to order by.. Workbench delivery sched should only be used for mcclane and c& s orders.

Daily Download for the correct Holiday cup dpcis just dropped.
Can you post the DCPI? Not at work right now but at least it will give me peace of mind that I ordered the right one. I ended up scanning both the one that said holiday red cups and Non retail holiday cups. Order was due yesterday.

Soooo for our holiday cups, we got the white ones with the scetches for 11/1 launch. Then we got in red cups with a heart made with hands. I’m assuming use the sketch ones and then red? Or am I missing something :/

Back