Starbucks Team Leaders

Does anyone have advice/tips for prepping bar and lobby for Thanksgiving/ Black Friday?
For the most part, it should be how a normal close is - everything is clean and well-stocked. The difference is that you need it to be really well-stocked. Maybe overstocked. Have some extra backups of stuff you go through quickly - seasonal syrups, vanilla, frap bases. Fill up your milk fridge to capacity - especially 2%, but also a few extra nonfats and heavy whipping cream. Speaking of whipped cream, this was my example of how prepped I wanted my closer to make it - get whipped cream canisters out and even put the chargers in the holders so the opener has one less thing to do. That's the level of prep I want. Half and half should be in a carafe in the fridge. Hopefully your team already makes sure all the under-counter coolers are full, tea bags/infusions/iced coffees are in their respective pitchers, whole beans are in the containers for pour overs so the opener just has to dump and grind, and the pastry case is set up with the liner and all the signs in the right spots.

Try to do absolutely everything you can do without impacting any food safety rules. And once you have those expectations set, keep them year round :)

Great advice @Xanatos!!!

I'm off this weekend and actually a little worried. I was told by my LSR representative that I wouldn't be receiving orders 11/20-26 but today I placed an order for the 17th. I definitely did not order enough product to get through opening week and Thanksgiving week! I hope that it's incorrect information but my hands are tied until I return Monday to work :oops:

I was told to order the plastic pieces the hold in the small grab and go snacks by the register and gift cards. I was told they would be on the order guide. Anyone know what they are called or what the number is?

I messed up my order last week and scan the wrong barcode for Mocha >.<

Are ingredients something we can mysupport for a emergency order? Or am I out of luck and pray surrounding stores have enough to lend out?

I was told to order the plastic pieces the hold in the small grab and go snacks by the register and gift cards. I was told they would be on the order guide. Anyone know what they are called or what the number is?
I think they’re called impulse fixture plexi, something along those lines. Definitely on the order guide somewhere.

Are ingredients something we can mysupport for a emergency order? Or am I out of luck and pray surrounding stores have enough to lend out?
Yes, you can emergency order Starbucks items, though I’ve never done it before. I’m sure there is a guide somewhere on workbench that will tell you to email someone with what you need and maybe with a reason. It’s usually easier (quicker) to just borrow from another store, if you can.

They actually sent out word earlier in the year that EO is not to send ingredients that you didn't order anymore. I would try anyway, and start calling stores right away. Call your LSR for the EO email address.

Any of you get hit on the mis-priced Christmas tumblers?
Apparently two designs were ringing up at .01 each so we pulled them.
We grabbed a couple of zebras & scanned every item but only those two were in error so we mysupported them ASAP.
Turns out some lady several states away found the mistake & blasted it out on social media so we called all the stores in our area & warned them.

Last edited:
We had that happen in our store but didn’t realize it until we had already rung out a guest and so they got 9 tumblers for .09 cents:(

We had that happen in our store but didn’t realize it until we had already rung out a guest and so they got 9 tumblers for .09 cents:(
Unless she went through SCO, that is the TM's fault. Did they not look at the display? It's an obvious error. You don't have to honor that. If you rang up two paninis, and they rang at 49 cents each, would you let it go? Of course not.

Any of you get hit on the mis-priced Christmas tumblers?
Apparently two designs were ringing up at .01 each so we pulled them.
We grabbed a couple of zebras & scanned every item but only those two were in error so we mysupported them ASAP.
Turns out some lady several states away found the mistake & blasted it out on social media so we called all the stores in our area & warned them.

Wish someone warned me. That would explain why we had many issues with cups vanishing when we weren’t the ones ringing them up. The 16oz tumblers with the random designs I’m assuming. When I notificed AP he found “most” of them at a price scanner.

Anyone have any advice for someone who seems to just "not get it"?
I've been a team lead for a long time and I've trained A LOT of people but I'm seriously at a loss for this one. I can't decide if they're just intimidated when they work with me because by the amount of questions they asked me yesterday I have no idea how they've been closing by themselves. No other tms have complained to me about them but my team is pretty laid back.
It got so bad yesterday that during the rush I sent them to lunch and pulled a produce team member to run the register while I made drinks.

Wish someone warned me. That would explain why we had many issues with cups vanishing when we weren’t the ones ringing them up. The 16oz tumblers with the random designs I’m assuming. When I notificed AP he found “most” of them at a price scanner.
Yeh, it was fixed today so we put ours back out.
Can't remember how many times guests brought them up for purchase, saw the price & 'changed their mind'.

Has anyone been able to find the print out coloring pages from Starbucks? They are supposed to be on Storelink

Back