Starbucks Team Leaders

Did the Thanksgiving Night Shift and came back for the 5am -3pm shift. Ended up staying until 5pm because it was that busy. I am beat, I can't make another latte....
I did that last year. Nice job getting through it. I hope your team and your leaders understand the level of dedication and selflessness it takes to do that.

Did the Thanksgiving Night Shift and came back for the 5am -3pm shift. Ended up staying until 5pm because it was that busy. I am beat, I can't make another latte....

I feel ya! Worked thanksgiving 4pm-1am, came back at 5am today and worked till 4pm. So ready for my Sunday! One more busy day tomorrow coming up.

Any advice for Sbux inventory tonight? First time doing any kind of inventory at Target and I don't believe any of my stuff are tied.

Print the TINV where you print the order guide.
There is a ton of stuff that is no longer carried. I usually do it in the morning, but you can do it at night.
Grab a zebra, and scan the TINV sheets. Scan everything, and if it seems reasonable, go with that number.

Tied? Nothing needs tied, really. I think the POGs might need tied to a location but I'm not positive that it even matters.

Take a look through the inventory guide. It will have everything you have, plus seasonal/discontinued stuff from years ago. A ton of it is just extra. The main things to know are that you don't count anything in D260 (or D286, if you're also doing Food Ave) and that there is are two DPCIs for most syrups - one for the eastern half of the country and one for the western half - just scan the DPCI to see which one you have an on-hand count for, and count that one. Do the same for Icees and sodas because it's hard to tell which is which.

Also, know that this stuff is all store ordered, so the actual counts are 99% meaningless. You could completely skip the entire inventory and it would affect some reports and (on paper) it would look like your team stole a ton of stuff, but your team is ordering it, so you don't have to worry about getting shipped extra stuff (or not get shipped any stuff) the way that the rest of the store's on hands work. It's good to be as accurate as you can, but don't stress out about it. I forgot to count any pastries for the inventory 3 months ago and literally nothing happened and no one even noticed. You can estimate and round for any beverage ingredient; I used to fill out most of the TINV guide from home because I knew about how much we should have of each product.

The mugs and tumblers are the hardest ones to count because there are 10x more discontinued ones than there are active ones. There have been times where I just scan the label on the TINV sheet and enter in the count that it says we already have. This kind of defeats the purpose of doing inventory, but if you have a call off or are running out of time, this seems like a decent solution. It's unlikely to be off by more than 1 anyway, and usually it's exactly correct for any retail items.

Also, don't forget to check the TINV application on workbench. It'll ask you to enter counts of 0 for some things that you don't even have.

Hey guys is there a way to order the peppermint cake pop, snowman cake pop +cookie? Or are they auto shipped?
Auto-shipped, I believe. And barely any of them, unfortunately. I don't think ours lasted past Thanksgiving night. We're saving our last 3 packages of cranberry bliss bars for weekends.

Auto-shipped, I believe. And barely any of them, unfortunately. I don't think ours lasted past Thanksgiving night. We're saving our last 3 packages of cranberry bliss bars for weekends.
Thanks , thats what I was suspecting. Looks like chocolate and birthday is it for now..

How much pastry and sandwiches do you guys have in backstock at any given time? I know it depends on the volume. But is it normal to have for example. 4-5 boxes of every pastry and sandwich on hand ? I am at a low volume store...

That seems like an awful lot to me. You can order a couple times each week, so you shouldn't need that much backstock. An open one and a full back-up of each is probably enough if you are vol 4 or 5. Maybe an extra if something in particular is on sale.

Volume 3, I think. 1 full case plus 1 opened case of each, plus an extra of tomato mozzarella and turkey basil. No need for more than that.

Edit: For context, I get 3 frozen orders per week and I take advantage of each one. If I have a case that's getting low, I'll order before that opened case runs out; it should arrive just after I use it up and start on the backup case.

Last edited:
I took over as an FA/SB TL and inherited alot of backstock, and bad practices. Ordering just once a week for both FA and SB. They weren’t able to forecast for the whole week , but over ordered to “stay safe”. On top of that no one knew what was in the back freezer , they just kept ordering. The result is just a massive backstock of food and dry goods.
Lots of ops and a good challenge. Wish me luck.

You can only receive the Starbucks frozen more than once per week, not the other supplies. I do not have a back freezer for Starbucks which limits how much can be kept on hand. I would recommend trying that.
Thats my plan, thank you

We're hi-vol so we keep up to 4-5 boxes of our big sellers & about 3 boxes of the others.

Back