Starbucks Team Leaders

Not at work right now, but I believe that the Happy Hour stuff is in the March 5 weekly update that is posted on Workbench. I could be remembering wrong tho— I’ll check it again tomorrow.
Just looked, no mention of not doing Happy Hour. Just holding off from doing Cold Foam.

Last edited:
Ah looking at it now it says “additional details regarding Target participation and executions will be communicated in a future update”. I think after reading about cold foam I accidentally translated that to “we’re holding off”. oops :rolleyes:

Last edited:
So.... cold foam or no foam? I couldnt find any info on WB, except “wait for further instructions”. If we are doing cold foam would there be a new component sent to us? An attachment for the blender? Like a new pitcher? With ml markings?

Holding off until otherwise stated.

I assume it's because Target stores using various different blender models. They probably don't know which program chips to send out.

I haven’t been able to find any information when happy hour is suppose to be...does anyone know?
According to a weekly update on workbench, happy hour has been canceled. That information was also released publicly by Starbucks.

According to a weekly update on workbench, happy hour has been canceled. That information was also released publicly by Starbucks.
Which Weekly Update was this. The current one makes no mention of it being canceled? My DM was literally yesterday making sure we are still properly for it.

1. STARBUCKS HAPPY HOUR ***Because this is going to be different, if we are not driving and promoting in ADVANCE, Comp Sales could be negatively impacted; assess ***
This new approach is designed to help drive afternoon business. Like Double Star Days, the program will occur a few times a month. This is the first of many such events.
  • Starbucks Rewards™ members will receive the offer through the app or email.
  • Non-Starbucks Rewards™ customers will receive the offer through email after they have entered their email address at happyhour.starbucks.com
Details:
  • Date: Thursday, Mar. 29
  • Time: 3 p.m. – close
  • Offer: Half off any Espresso Beverage (any size, hot or iced)
Planning:
  • This offer requires no additional inventory planning as it features a wide assortment of core espresso beverages
  • Ensure you have adequate staffing to cover expected sales volumes
  • Stores may see a lift in customer occasions after 3 p.m whenHappy Hour is promoted and supported
Here is how you can support the success of Happy Hour:
  • Actively promote Happy Hour from 3 p.m. to close by actively sampling your choice of popular espresso beverages
  • Some customers will not have the electronic offer; Honor the offer for customers that request it, even if they don’t have an invitation
  • Inform customers to sign up for additional offers at happyhour.starbucks.com. Look for additional information in the Mar. 26 Weekly Update including:
  • Syrup Shroud chalking

Last edited:
Chris Hoffman (Target) also sent an email today confirming this. Messages my DM and he also confirmed that Happy Hour is very much going to happen.

Sorry I meant frappy hour. This happy hour thing is just the one day so as far as I’m concerned, happy hour doesn’t exist. Planning for one day is nothing compared to 10 days.

So happy hour is the 29? I already did schedule for that day since I was not able to find any communication on happy hour date..where are you finding this info?

Sorry I meant frappy hour. This happy hour thing is just the one day so as far as I’m concerned, happy hour doesn’t exist. Planning for one day is nothing compared to 10 days.
And making espresso drinks is so much easier too.

So my store is making me do the café and Starbucks schedule. I have to email the HR team with a word document with the schedule on it and it's really annoying and doesn't work well. Is there any way for me (as a Starbucks TL to enter the schedule into my time myself?

So my store is making me do the café and Starbucks schedule. I have to email the HR team with a word document with the schedule on it and it's really annoying and doesn't work well. Is there any way for me (as a Starbucks TL to enter the schedule into my time myself?
Nope. They took that ability away from TLs (except for HRTLs and Senior TLs, I believe).

You could ask an HRTM to log in for you and you can just write the schedule that way.

@blackapron love the name, not many coffee masters on the Tarbucks side. How did you get yours?

Thanks! I came from corporate Starbucks. I was a shift supervisor there for 4 years, and decided I wanted a pay raise so I came to Tarbucks. I drank the juice at Starbucks a little too much and got my coffee master certification there. Did you get yours at Target?

I told a sister store that barista at Target might pay more than a Shift at a Corp store soon. When starting for barista hits $15.50, it could get interesting. Of course, I have always said that if you don't care about coffee so much, and aren't taking advantage of tuition reimbursement, Target may be a better deal anyhow.

Thanks! I came from corporate Starbucks. I was a shift supervisor there for 4 years, and decided I wanted a pay raise so I came to Tarbucks. I drank the juice at Starbucks a little too much and got my coffee master certification there. Did you get yours at Target?
Yes I did! I got really immersed in latte art & my DM took notice & picked me to compete in the Barista Championships. At that time you needed to be a Coffee Master to compete so I 100% went for it. I did all my training outside of work/unpaid & got the black apron. Then Target decided they weren't going to participate...& 2 years later they still won't.

Anyone notice something off about the Skinny Mocha lately? I noticed that the bags don't come with instructions on them anymore but not like we need it. Or so I thought... Always made Skinny Mocha with 0.5 liters. Ever since I noticed the instructions not on the bags. The skinny mocha have been come out more watery and fills the container less than before. We haven't changed anything in the way we mixed the powder before.

I told a sister store that barista at Target might pay more than a Shift at a Corp store soon. When starting for barista hits $15.50, it could get interesting. Of course, I have always said that if you don't care about coffee so much, and aren't taking advantage of tuition reimbursement, Target may be a better deal anyhow.
I was a shift supervisor at corporate for 4 years and made $11/hour (which is crazy IMO). Corporate baristas in my area make $9 and my target baristas start at $12. Crazy a target barista makes more than a shift supervisor running an entire Starbucks store at times.

Yes I did! I got really immersed in latte art & my DM took notice & picked me to compete in the Barista Championships. At that time you needed to be a Coffee Master to compete so I 100% went for it. I did all my training outside of work/unpaid & got the black apron. Then Target decided they weren't going to participate...& 2 years later they still won't.
That is awesome! Wish I could get the latte art. Starbucks doesen't pay for coffee master either. I participated in the barista championships and really enjoyed it!! Even if target participated though, my baristas could care less about their coffee knowledge, and probably would not participate.

Back