Starbucks Team Leaders

Did I mention the weekly emails with 10-15 bullet points and paragraphs. As well as his Instagram account...

Woooow that’s a bit much. I think I only enjoy the DM emails because I’m left out of the loop of the whole rest of the store.
You know that really gets to me, we had an easter egg hunt for TMs today ( they are coupons for get free drinks, pizzahut, breaks and other things)
While my sbux and pizza hut TMs were swamped with guest. TMs kept bringing coupons for drinks and pizza, We 549ed like 30 drinks. I felt so bad for my TMs being left out/ excluded. I told my TMs they can have any drink or pizza they wanted.

You know that really gets to me, we had an easter egg hunt for TMs today ( they are coupons for get free drinks, pizzahut, breaks and other things)
While my sbux and pizza hut TMs were swamped with guest. TMs kept bringing coupons for drinks and pizza, We 549ed like 30 drinks. I felt so bad for my TMs being left out/ excluded. I told my TMs they can have any drink or pizza they wanted.
Yuuuup that’s a kicker. Our store at one point had major issues with requisitioning drinks and either all the ETLs would come over to treat themselves or they’d send full teams at the same time (specifically flow) to get free stuff. One time while I was still a regular tm, our closing ETL told us every closing tm would get free Starbucks. I made them all and I closed but wasn’t included in the group of free. They made it so we only do free sbux/cafe for redcard getters during the front end games and stuff.

Recognize me.
Include me.
Appreciate me.
Support me.
Delight me.

Things that Starbucks/Target expects us to provide to our Guest. But when it comes to us, its just me doing my best to provide for my team. We are largely ignored by leadership and the rest of the store. Excluded from huddles (treats at huddle). My team often don't know whats going on with the rest of the store. I do my best to provide such information but everyone is just bitter. We press the help button and its like pass the hot potatoes around to see who has to come over to see what we need.

Sorry, just me being bitter again...

Recognize me.
Include me.
Appreciate me.
Support me.
Delight me.

Things that Starbucks/Target expects us to provide to our Guest. But when it comes to us, its just me doing my best to provide for my team. We are largely ignored by leadership and the rest of the store. Excluded from huddles (treats at huddle). My team often don't know whats going on with the rest of the store. I do my best to provide such information but everyone is just bitter. We press the help button and its like pass the hot potatoes around to see who has to come over to see what we need.

Sorry, just me being bitter again...
I completely agree. Starbucks/food team is very tight knit because we’re in the corner fending for ourselves. I’ve attempted to partner with my Sr GSTL to get some cashiers crosstrained at least to provide register backup, but they’ve been “too busy” since September to train at least 1. Then my STL wants me to train GSTL to cover breaks and call outs.

I completely agree. Starbucks/food team is very tight knit because we’re in the corner fending for ourselves. I’ve attempted to partner with my Sr GSTL to get some cashiers crosstrained at least to provide register backup, but they’ve been “too busy” since September to train at least 1. Then my STL wants me to train GSTL to cover breaks and call outs.
Wow, this actually makes me feel better. I thought it was just our store, that only cared about sbux/pizza hut when steritech came around. I have had countless conversations with my STL and ETLs about cross training, but they just don’t give a F!

I've never had it because I've always been in mid/low volume stores, but I'll be at a new store this summer and I don't know what volume it'll be exactly, but higher than what I'm used to. It might be easier to have a CBS mocha. I probably won't need to make 2 mochas per day for most of the year, so I could split it into 2 containers.
I can't imagine not having CBS mocha. Even when we were slower, we always had it. Yes, we split 1 batch of mocha. Frappy Hour, we always had 2 CBS mocha, and 2 frap roast on cold bar. 1 set behind the other.

Can completely identify with the lack of appreciation of our SB/FA teams.
Last year we had green steritech EVERY VISIT but not so much as a free drink.
We had a noticeable sales gain over every other store in our district but nada for the TMs that make it happen.
Meanwhile we're told to make free drinks/pizzas for cashiers who get a red card, SFTMs who stayed longer to zone, TMs who came in to cover call-outs during the weekend.
We're basically the red-headed stepchild in a hat & apron.

We have all three frap bases, frap roast, cbs caramel, lcs, raspberry, and classic on our cold bar. We really only ever use raspberry in teas or maybe the occasional WM. And we sell enough IC/CBIC that we have a second classic on hot bar. I’m curious though... what do you guys use the vanilla on cold bar for?

Weird question, can I ask how old everyone is... just out of curiosity. 20s, 30s, 40s?

We have all three frap bases, frap roast, cbs caramel, lcs, raspberry, and classic on our cold bar. We really only ever use raspberry in teas or maybe the occasional WM. And we sell enough IC/CBIC that we have a second classic on hot bar. I’m curious though... what do you guys use the vanilla on cold bar for?
Whipped creams

When SMRF went to vanilla, we started putting one on cold bar. We were still using it after summer, so we kept putting one on cold bar. We also keep classic on hot bar.

Hey has everybody read the Summer 1 paperwork? I was just wondering how you guys feel about the new drinks (all like 5 or 6) and how you expect this summer will go in comparisons to others (frappy hour and all). I feel like they’re trying to compensate for taking the frappy hour away.

*also, I’m reeeeeeally hoping the mango dragonfruit refresher is every bit as amazing as it sounds.

Hey guys! Im new here! Ive read through a bit of the posts and everything is soo helpful! Im a FSA who pretty muchs runs both sbux & FA/pizza hut in my store. I am extremely relieved to know my store isnt the only one thats gets royally screwed most of the time. We are currently running both sides with a total of 6 people. (I mean we have other people who used to work back there, but have moved onto other parts of the store but they are only used as a last resort.) Its hard to keep my team morale up when we have 5000 things to do but not enough people.

Welcome to the bar, Yoshi.
One thing my store utilized having a small team was to cross-train FA & SB TMs as much as possible: It taught them to empathize with each other's tasks/core roles, it allowed them the ability to pick up extra shifts during lean times (face it - it's ALWAYS lean times) & they could step in at a moment's notice as needed.
Re: tasks - My SBTL always leaves a task list of things to get done but she keeps it realistic. She stresses that if each TM can knock out at least one of those tasks during a lull so much can get done.
Re: Morale - A couple of us take turns bringing goodies (usually homemade) on a Friday for a job well-done, be it a good Steritech visit, getting a pallet put away, or surviving another Happy Hour.
I'm sure the others have a raft of good ideas/strategies to offer.

Back