Starbucks Team Leaders

1lb decaf espresso has been discontinued from any store that is volume 3, 4, or 5; it may have been gone from 4 and 5 before but I can't remember. It's probably due to very low sales, but corporate doesn't understand how much money this small decision will cost them, so I mySupported it to tell them. They said they would "discuss it at the next business meeting", whatever that means. Feel free to mySupport it yourselves if you want to join in on it. It's just so annoying to have to throw away so much each week. Plus it'll cost the company like $150,000 per year if every store does it and follows the shelf life correctly. That's nothing in the grand scheme of things, but it's also such a clear decision where one side has several benefits and the other side has none. /end rant

Speaking of Decaf.... For stores that order it, 5lb Decaf Pike is getting discontinued from all Starbucks stores. We will be offically brewing from 1lb bags now.

1lb decaf espresso has been discontinued from any store that is volume 3, 4, or 5; it may have been gone from 4 and 5 before but I can't remember. It's probably due to very low sales, but corporate doesn't understand how much money this small decision will cost them, so I mySupported it to tell them. They said they would "discuss it at the next business meeting", whatever that means. Feel free to mySupport it yourselves if you want to join in on it. It's just so annoying to have to throw away so much each week. Plus it'll cost the company like $150,000 per year if every store does it and follows the shelf life correctly. That's nothing in the grand scheme of things, but it's also such a clear decision where one side has several benefits and the other side has none. /end rant

It is not just decaf espresso, a few other coffees were cut as well. House and Ethiopia I believe? Also just a side note... there are differences in volume..I don't think it was always like this. For instance, I am a volume 2 sbux but a volume 3 for coffee

That's new. Used to be just your volume, and you went with the coffee selection for that.

House, Ethiopia, Kenya, Willow, French, and Decaf Espresso I think were discontinued? In addition to K-Cups, and the Teavanna Boxed Teas. Something about focus on just core coffees. And everything getting discontinued seasonally for short periods of time.

Willow, French & Decaf Espresso - we tossed more than we sold.
Won't miss the K-Cups since they still have them in grocery.

Without going into a lot of details, I'm inheriting a Starbucks that is having some serious compliance issues. Does anyone have any experience with turning a Starbucks around after numerous compliance issues?

If your issues are tm related you might be best slowly performancing them out and getting a whole new team. Train them correctly & follow up with accountability but make sure to set goals & celebrate wins as well.

Compliance with Starbucks itself. I worked at a corporate store for four years, so not entirely new to the game, but this is not a good situation. I want to be reasonably confidential, but I'll say that this situation is currently out of my STL's hands and there's a lot of very serious discussion between Target and Starbucks. VERY serious discussion.

It depends on your store to an extent. Officially, it's 40 hours of training. If you are cross training and will still work in another area, I would train you over a pretty long period of time. After an overview, you will probably start by learning the register and how to mark cups. Along with that, you will learn about food offerings. From there, I divide it by espresso drinks Frapps, and other cold drinks. You will learn about the machines, and how to prepare beverage components. Eventually, you will learn to open and close.
The certification process will be done by your TL. You will make a series of drinks for him, and answer some questions. Not too hard, I promise. If your store is busy enough for mids, I would schedule after training for a solid month of mids so you can really get your feet under you. Good Luck.

Is there a siren's eye next week for the 17th with the Cold Foam Launch? I might have thrown my out by mistake. If anyone here don't mind taking pictures of the siren's eye for the 17th for acold foam. Please PM me!

Is there a siren's eye next week for the 17th with the Cold Foam Launch? I might have thrown my out by mistake. If anyone here don't mind taking pictures of the siren's eye for the 17th for acold foam. Please PM me!
Lately they've been putting Siren's Eyes on workbench.

Lately they've been putting Siren's Eyes on workbench.
They seem to only post major launches and not the small launches in between the major season launches. I already checked workbench and nothing for Cold Foam Launch.

Back