Starbucks Team Leaders

You should have received a giant mail pack containing a siren's eye for today and May 1. Wr got.new white menus and signs for cold foam.

I am so confused. Ill ask the receiver when I go in tomarrow. I feel like my stuff always gets misplaced. My SAP orders hardly ever make it to me..

I am so confused. Ill ask the receiver when I go in tomarrow. I feel like my stuff always gets misplaced. My SAP orders hardly ever make it to me..
Make friends with your receiver. Often, SAP stuff ends up with the cleaning supplies. Let him know you have ordered. For the signing packages, ask your receiver to bring them straight to Sbux. They should be able to slide next to the BOH fridge or freezer.

Most likely no. It says company operated stores.
If anything I would plan on scheduling more baristas to make up for how busy we may end up being

I guess they are going to attempt to teach common sense to people. Leave your biases at home, and approach people with respect.....

What tasks do your baristas help you out with?
i.e. order, breaking down the pallets, maintaining stock room?

Currently I'm training my AST and AST in training to shoot the order. Everyone knows how how to break down the pallet but typically I will start one pallet and have the others finish the second or I will work side by side with them. I try to use their strengths/ weaknesses to give them responsibilities. One Is owning steritech readiness(Date checks & logs/compliance binder), one owns signage (chalking the DOB& lobby signs), one owns training (promotions & new tms) and one is owning our guest experience

My baristas order, inventory, pallets, train, sets, signing. Basically everything but performance management and scheduling. Not all of them do everything, of course, but I am confident that they can run when I am not there.

On a typical day , its me and another barista scheduled in Starbucks. Just two of us. With no overlap.... so I cant train them to do anything other than make drinks.... ordering and inventory management , because it requires some time off stage. I currently order+breakdown+maintain stock room, for both FA and SBUX...

You open, the other closes?

That was my life when I started. It's tough to be sure. Ask for a few extra hours so you can have a little overlap. Ask your receiver to help with the pallets. He can load them into 3 tiers, then anyone can bring them, one at a time, for someone to take care of in the kiosk. We keep an order guide in the kiosk. If you get the hours for some overlap, show a barista how to order. A little bit each time. Pick one or two strong, reliable baristas to show.

What tasks do your baristas help you out with?
i.e. order, breaking down the pallets, maintaining stock room?
I've broken down pallets when SBTL is off, put away orders, FEFO'd stock, scanned orders in; even did inventory one year when TL had a family emergency & had to call out.

For Starbucks I order simply because I'm there on order days but I have two baristas trained in case I'm off, we all put the orders away, another one does the frozen order, one is responsible for all chalking, keeping the lobby nice, sets, etc. Another does dates and cleaning, and I have three who take care of trainings.

For food Ave I don't do much besides checking in and making sure they're ready for steritech.

I've broken down pallets when SBTL is off, put away orders, FEFO'd stock, scanned orders in; even did inventory one year when TL had a family emergency & had to call out.
I looking for a barista a TM, to mentor no suitable candidates yet....

For Starbucks I order simply because I'm there on order days but I have two baristas trained in case I'm off, we all put the orders away, another one does the frozen order, one is responsible for all chalking, keeping the lobby nice, sets, etc. Another does dates and cleaning, and I have three who take care of trainings.

For food Ave I don't do much besides checking in and making sure they're ready for steritech.
How many baristas work during each shift?

I looking for a barista a TM, to mentor no suitable candidates yet....
Our SBTL would give each of us a task list, then check to see who got what done.
It was a good way to gauge capability & initiative as well as finding out who the 'weak links' were.
Then they knew who was dependable vs those that needed follow-up.

Things are a bit better on my end. Haven't been signed off on AST training yet, but working on getting everyone barista trained.

Now the only problem is that I need to see that the person who "trained" me by telling me that if I didn't do X, Y, or Z that we'd be shut down is actually dealt with. That was literally all she told me the entire week I was there. She didn't do or say anything positive. It's super frustrating and led to me getting pretty upset when the DM came in and said she wasn't here to shut us down...because that's the opposite of what I was lead to believe.

One more person on my "people to prove wrong" list, I guess...

Back