Starbucks Team Leaders

My SBX made $1000 profit in six months due to terrible leadership, lack of education and no concept of marketing. Hence, nobody cares to help or to give any hours. It was shocking. I make more on eBay in my spare time than Target does with Starbucks.
That seems highly unlikely. Do you have basic grasp of numbers and figures?

There are stores that have lost money. You can check it out on the roll up on dashboard.

No it really doesn't... if you're in a low volume store with a low capture rate, and have low sales due to no Merchandise, dirty displays/fixtures, empty grab & go, and the store is over spending on supplies and food...that will give you a low profit margin. Now add labor into the mix and you have a low controllable profit. It could definitely happen.

No it really doesn't... if you're in a low volume store with a low capture rate, and have low sales due to no Merchandise, dirty displays/fixtures, empty grab & go, and the store is over spending on supplies and food...that will give you a low profit margin. Now add labor into the mix and you have a low controllable profit. It could definitely happen.
Highly. Unlikely.

Yetive helped me pull the numbers last year. The only reason that they weren't in the hole was that I and another TM took charge of reducing product waste. We cut it back (sandwiches and pastries) by at least 75%. We also increased the grab and go by a huge margin. Having the product up front and correctly signed makes it sell better. Go figure?

I'm pretty good with numbers and figures, so I went back to my old job in science. I have a B.S. in a STEM field. It pays significantly better than TL. It's not my first rodeo kid.

Yetive helped me pull the numbers last year. The only reason that they weren't in the hole was that I and another TM took charge of reducing product waste. We cut it back (sandwiches and pastries) by at least 75%. We also increased the grab and go by a huge margin. Having the product up front and correctly signed makes it sell better. Go figure?

I'm pretty good with numbers and figures, so I went back to my old job in science. I have a B.S. in a STEM field. It pays significantly better than TL. It's not my first rodeo kid.

Food TL is a beast with support. It is impossible without it. Have all of your numbers, and a copy of the dashboard. DM might be able to shame them into giving a bit more support.
Thanks
@Yetive

No we utilize Food Training hours.

Right now my DM realize that new baristas are onboarded onto an existing schedule. And the trainer is both training and help guest at the same time. We kinda loosely follow the Starbucks program based on what we can do per day and how busy we are. I guess that isn't good enough. Now our DM is demand our store to send my trains and myself to other stores to get re-trained as Starbucks Trainers. And wants HR to rewrite out schedules to make sure our trainers are off stage to train new baristas. That's is my life right now >_>

Generally, I've never had "training hours". If I have a new barista, I might have to wait a week or 2 to put them on the schedule and then cut hours from existing baristas just to get that new one trained. Training hours don't exist in Target in any workcenter. If a team member gets hired, the hours have to come from somewhere, which is a huge problem. Target gives the bare minimum amount of hours to just barely survive in a lot of workcenters and then we are forced to cut hours each time we want to train someone, which is why training is usually very short; the hours for the trainee and the trainer are coming out of the skeleton crew-like hours.

Some stores are good about cutting a few hours here and there every single week to account for new hires, which allows them to add in a decent amount of training hours at a moment's notice.

When you guys train a new tm does hr make you use the hrs you already have for your area?
Not exactly, lol. We get some training hours, but not enough--10 or 12. I try to have newbies as mids for their first month or so to finish up the training.

Anyone here follow the Training Plan exactly as it is laid out? Training videos, first sip, making a french press, practice shifts, etc?

I never show them the training videos, barely tell them about brewed coffee, and usually don't even show them the training materials or barista certification stuff at all. None of that helps you very much during a shift. I want them to be able to sequence two flavored lattes within 10-15 minutes of the start of their first shift - that way, they can help guests (with supervision) almost immediately, so they don't waste time just watching me help guests. I hate how they have to just step aside and let me help guests at first.

I might show them the 3 training block things and sign off on the certifications when I open my new store this summer, though. We'll see.

I never show them the training videos, barely tell them about brewed coffee, and usually don't even show them the training materials or barista certification stuff at all. None of that helps you very much during a shift. I want them to be able to sequence two flavored lattes within 10-15 minutes of the start of their first shift - that way, they can help guests (with supervision) almost immediately, so they don't waste time just watching me help guests. I hate how they have to just step aside and let me help guests at first.

I might show them the 3 training block things and sign off on the certifications when I open my new store this summer, though. We'll see.
How does your DM feel about that or do they care? Mine is not having it, train exactly to the guide or get put on Non-Compliance.

How does your DM feel about that or do they care? Mine is not having it, train exactly to the guide or get put on Non-Compliance.
The DM never asked to see it and I've never had any real issues with baristas who need additional training so the DM has never had a reason to question anything regarding training. I've seen tons of baristas who pass the certification and are awful. The initial training is very important, but consistent follow-up to reinforce the training over the next several weeks is what will take your store to the next level.

What are the numbers to order the nitro lids? I could not find it on Workbench for the life of me.
They do not make the nitro lids for trenta, because if you actually go to a store with nitro cold brew, it only comes in tall and grande. Just use a regular trenta lid if the recipe card has it on there and a guest orders it. I might tell the guest during the first month, to educate them about how they wont be able to sip a trenta and get the foam off the top.

Thanks
@blackapron

Anyone have the DPCI for the black inclusion scoop?( for new dragon fruit)
I looked on the order guide and only saw the scoop for protein

Anyone have the DPCI for the black inclusion scoop?( for new dragon fruit)
I looked on the order guide and only saw the scoop for protein
"Utensil spoon 8 inch black" 260-04-0661 - that's the one for berries and strawberries, so I assume that's the correct one.

Try this:

• Dry Inclusion Dispenser (1190255) and
stainless scoop (150998)
Thanks
@Asuras

That's probably the metal one for vanilla bean/chips/matcha.

So, Starbucks is trying to make coffee that looks like Guinness?

Cascara_Cold_Foam_Nitro_Cold_Brew-sm.jpg

j5v01xy.gif

Back