Starbucks Team Leaders

M-thurs it's usually 630-4, 9-2 or 3, and 3-close. There's always another Starbucks trained person scheduled in the building from 4-close for breaks and backup if needed. Friday-Sunday there's a min. Of three people working from 9-5 but usually 4.

My openers are usually baristas that have stable attendance and availability during the week:
One Opener Starting at 6am-2:30pm or 6:30am-3pm (Depending how fast that person is)
Second Opener at 8am-4:30pm

My closers are either high school or college students. They are either chatter boxes, easily distracted, or don't manage their time well. So I over compensate to ensure things are prepped for the next day:
First Closer at 1pm-9:30pm or 11am-7:30pm or if I'm short on hours they are reduced to 5-7 hour shifts
Second Closer at 4pm-9:30pm or 1pm-9:30pm

Rarely have enough hours for a Mid during the week. Only have a Mid on the weekends, on the day our order arrives, or during the holidays:
Mid Person 10am-6:30pm

I'm glad I got the hell outta there!!!

How could you tend bar and not be able to manage Starbucks?
Its basically the same thing.
A lot of the foodie restaurants in town even have the bartenders serve as baristas.
Or were you working a shot and a beer place?

It was 50% me hating it and 50% me knowing I would get screwed all the time working there.

Bartending ain't barista-ing.

My openers are usually baristas that have stable attendance and availability during the week:
One Opener Starting at 6am-2:30pm or 6:30am-3pm (Depending how fast that person is)

My closers are either high school or college students. They are either chatter boxes, easily distracted, or don't manage their time well. So I over compensate to ensure things are prepped for the next day:
First Closer at 1pm-9:30pm or 11am-7:30pm or if I'm short on hours they are reduced to 5-7 hour shifts

Rarely have enough hours for a Mid during the week. Only have a Mid on the weekends, on the day our order arrives, or during the holidays:
If you have to overcompensate because of bottom performers, you should start managing talent. Imagine how efficient you could be if you made sure to hold them accountable.

Wow, two openers and two closers, are you in Tarbucks heaven?

Edit: arround how much do you do in sales a week?

the mango dragon refresher and serious strawberry launching in June. I have received tye strawberry base and the manngo D juice , but no mango inclusions yet... do you guys have all of your suplies? Should i expect more signage to arrive for the new drinks?

I have a couple questions I'm hoping you can help me with.

Can someone explain the pull to thaw. I know we pull twice a day but how do you keep track of how long it takes different things to thaw and which ones get saved overnight and which get tossed? Do you wrap them in plastic wrap or put the plastic lids on the trays? I have the worksheets to fill out but I guess I am just confused with what exactly happens at night.

I am trying to find the dpci to order tall nitro lids, g/v nitro lids, and a new pour over station (not the cones but the base).

How are your shifts scheduled at your stores? Do you have an opener, mid, and closer?

I usually have a 730-4, 10-2, 4-8, and 530-930 during the week and two people between 930 and 830 on weekends. This usually puts me over my alotted hours and I am struggling to figure out how to make it work.

I have a couple questions I'm hoping you can help me with.

Can someone explain the pull to thaw. I know we pull twice a day but how do you keep track of how long it takes different things to thaw and which ones get saved overnight and which get tossed? Do you wrap them in plastic wrap or put the plastic lids on the trays? I have the worksheets to fill out but I guess I am just confused with what exactly happens at night.

I am trying to find the dpci to order tall nitro lids, g/v nitro lids, and a new pour over station (not the cones but the base).

TL at my old store made a spreadsheet with the name of each pastry and the day that it expires so we could keep track of everything without having to date the items inside the case. You could build on this by having a specific expiration time if you are pulling multiple times per day (which is great btw, but my old store didn't do it...). Or you could have 1 display of each item inside the case and then just make sure to date each item and you wouldn't have to worry about keeping track because they stay wrapped until sold, so they'll always stay marked.

The pour over brewing stand is 260-04-0196.

I usually have a 730-4, 10-2, 4-8, and 530-930 during the week and two people between 930 and 830 on weekends. This usually puts me over my alotted hours and I am struggling to figure out how to make it work.

730-2, 1030-630, 5-930 saves a couple hours while maintaining approximately the same coverage and break schedule, assuming your team has the availability to support it. The mid just has to take their first break and lunch really early, unfortunately, but you could also tweak things by a half hour here and there.

Thanks guys! My hours are weird lol 8-4:45pm to train... to open. It seems like I’ll be missing and hour or two of opening details lol.

How are your shifts scheduled at your stores? Do you have an opener, mid, and closer?
Generally I have a 715-1, 1-930, 930-3, and a 3-830. Since hours have started to increase I've added a 12-5 shift on weekends to ensure a conventional 3 person play that will cover peak times, push guest experience & ensure lobby cleanliness. Some days I'll increase the 930-3 to a 930-5. On Sundays we have two closers. When hours are low we do 730-115, 1-930 & 11-745 or 730-4, 4-930, & 11-745. When hours skyrocket I have the opener come in at 7, pre mid in at 8 or 9 depending on business, closer stays late and precloser stays till close.

I tried ordering them a few weeks ago and they were both listed as discontinued and couldn't order.

Maybe i can order the regular ones and just label them non dairy, our blue and yellow ones are very old with cracks, and the lid doesn’t stay on when in use....

Back