Starbucks Team Leaders

Opinions on cold foam? We love it!! I’ve been getting cold brew every day this week and experimenting with flavors. Today, it was cinnamon dolce and it it’s amazing! We also tried vanilla cold foam on a soy chai and that was pretty good.

The people who try it like it. It's finally warming up now, so maybe it will become more popular. I always drink hot coffee though.

My store really doesn't give a fuck about Starbucks and if the Starbucks DM found out about half of the stuff that my store is doing he'd lose his shit. I checked and they're stealing a considerable amount of hours from Starbucks for other workcenters instead of using those hours to train more baristas.

Does anyone else’s store have ETLs who could not care less about Starbucks? I have been the “TL” over Starbucks for almost a year now. Nothing has changed and the crappy mentality stays the same. I especially love it when my HR says that we will just have to close down for breaks when there is a call in. They act like it is no big deal, but they don’t understand that it impacts us greatly (ie. an NNC). It tells me that my workcenter is not valued and that it is all on me to figure it out alone. I didn’t ask to be the Starbucks team lead, I was just thrown into it. I am trying to help this workcenter succeed, because they dragged their feet for too long to actually come up with a viable solution, and someone who actually has a passion for Starbucks. Don’t get me wrong, I am working myself to death to try to make this work, but at a certain point I will become too exhausted to put up with this anymore. My DM wants to help, but there is a very strained relationship between him and my store right now, so it makes it very difficult to get the right support. I have been fighting since I took over to get training hours, to get an extra person here and there to help get cleaning tasks done, or for me to get my team lead things done. The response is always that someone else is more deserving of the hours, even though I am struggling the most, and I know that for a fact.

I think the better question is: does any store in the company have an ETL who cares? Starbucks is not an area that store leaders care about. You should fight to get your payroll, but that's pretty much all you can ask for. And it's probably all you need anyway.

Does anyone else’s store have ETLs who could not care less about Starbucks? I have been the “TL” over Starbucks for almost a year now. Nothing has changed and the crappy mentality stays the same. I especially love it when my HR says that we will just have to close down for breaks when there is a call in. They act like it is no big deal, but they don’t understand that it impacts us greatly (ie. an NNC). It tells me that my workcenter is not valued and that it is all on me to figure it out alone. I didn’t ask to be the Starbucks team lead, I was just thrown into it. I am trying to help this workcenter succeed, because they dragged their feet for too long to actually come up with a viable solution, and someone who actually has a passion for Starbucks. Don’t get me wrong, I am working myself to death to try to make this work, but at a certain point I will become too exhausted to put up with this anymore. My DM wants to help, but there is a very strained relationship between him and my store right now, so it makes it very difficult to get the right support. I have been fighting since I took over to get training hours, to get an extra person here and there to help get cleaning tasks done, or for me to get my team lead things done. The response is always that someone else is more deserving of the hours, even though I am struggling the most, and I know that for a fact.
As SBUX TLs , were all in the same boat. If it makes you feel any better none of my ETLs give a fuck either. My ETL GE is fucked beyond belief .We even manipulate the cleaning logs etc because no one signs them. The ETL himself forged signatures. The STL knows about it. This is like beating a dead horse but, they only care when Steritech comes around. Then they frequently come around. Otherwise you could be dead behind the hot bar for 4 days and no one would notice you missing, except for your regulars...

Edit:- you just have to accept the fact that this how a Target SBUX is run. It gets easier after you accept that fact.

But what do you do when your DM is very by the book? I feel like every time my DM is in I have to lie. Mainly when my ETL/STL is around, I lie to make things seem like they are my fault, so I get in trouble. I don’t want to throw them under the bus though, because god only knows what they would do if I did that.

I don’t have a DM..... I have yet to meet or hear from my DM and I have been a sbux tl for close to 7 months....., you cant really rat them out , because snitches gets stitches....

there is a very strained relationship between him and my store right now, so it makes it very difficult to get the right support. I have been fighting since I took over to get training hours, to get an extra person here and there to help get cleaning tasks done, or for me to get my team lead things done. The response is always that someone else is more deserving of the hours, even though I am struggling the most, and I know that for a fact.
If we didn't have an established team I'd swear this was my store.
they're stealing a considerable amount of hours from Starbucks for other workcenters instead of using those hours to train more baristas.
We were told one week that each of us had to give up a shift because we were over in hours. WTF?!
Our TL has hours skimmed off every week to start with so I'd LOVE to know what black hole is taking them.

We were told one week that each of us had to give up a shift because we were over in hours. WTF?!
Our TL has hours skimmed off every week to start with so I'd LOVE to know what black hole is taking them.

my store has me over at Starbucks as soon as they need backup so i was like, "hey why don't I just get the barista training since I'm over here pretty often anyway"

Starbucks TL told me to ask my ETL-GE, ETL-GE told me to talk to my GSTL and my GSTL told me to ask the Starbucks TL

my store has me over at Starbucks as soon as they need backup so i was like, "hey why don't I just get the barista training since I'm over here pretty often anyway"

Starbucks TL told me to ask my ETL-GE, ETL-GE told me to talk to my GSTL and my GSTL told me to ask the Starbucks TL
Tell SBTL that ETL GE said to schedule you for training.

Fu**ing amateurs

Fu**ing amateurs

Actually that was a very professional job of Hot Potato Management, a method highly prized by Spot.
You see, if any one of those people has committed to training @REDcardJJ then it would have meant coming up with the hours to do it, scheduling the time for the SBTL to do it and scheduling someone else to fill the hole they having them off the schedule in their regular function would leave.
So they pass it to the next person.
Never mind that cross training people (especially someone who gets called over there all the time any way) is in the best interest of the store.

I dont get it.... Do your DMs not ask for Schedules, Goals, Dashboard, CER Report & Sales for their visits? Mine follows up with another visit every month to every 3 months and every visit consists of myself, my ETL, & SBUX DM. Why don't you make your DMs subtly aware of what's going on?

I dont get it.... Do your DMs not ask for Schedules, Goals, Dashboard, CER Report & Sales for their visits? Mine follows up with another visit every month to every 3 months and every visit consists of myself, my ETL, & SBUX DM. Why don't you make your DMs subtly aware of what's going on?
At my old store, I told my DM, the DTL, and the HRBP that I wasn’t getting all my hours for Starbucks. The DTL and HRBP both said (to my face) that I should be getting all of my hours. Nothing changed. The hours weren’t cut drastically, but it was enough to get me to skip 100% of my breaks for a little over a year and work through some lunches...

We've been on NNC several times for coverage alone & our DM rails at leadership but it's like a chihuahua barking at wolfhound for all the good it does.
DTL & STL are golf buddies so ain't nuthin' goinna happen there.

Actually that was a very professional job of Hot Potato Management, a method highly prized by Spot.
You see, if any one of those people has committed to training @REDcardJJ then it would have meant coming up with the hours to do it, scheduling the time for the SBTL to do it and scheduling someone else to fill the hole they having them off the schedule in their regular function would leave.
So they pass it to the next person.
Never mind that cross training people (especially someone who gets called over there all the time any way) is in the best interest of the store.

Honestly I'm just going to talk to my Service and Engagement Leader (ETL-GE) and make the case for me getting crosstrained at Starbucks to cover breaks because I work during the week when there's no break coverage at Starbucks. It's literally in the best interest of the business to have me able to make drinks for guests rather than stand over there for 15/30 minutes redirecting guests away. They claim they need me at Guest Service more than Starbucks but at the same time I'm literally the first and only person who gets sent over there to help.

My SBX made $1000 profit in six months due to terrible leadership, lack of education and no concept of marketing. Hence, nobody cares to help or to give any hours. It was shocking. I make more on eBay in my spare time than Target does with Starbucks.

Back