Starbucks Team Leaders

!!!!

I'm pretty sure health codes say to chunk any cracked container/dish because the cracks can harbor bacteria even after washing. That's what I was told to do at my 2 previous restaurant jobs anway
I am aware, I believe those are atleast 7 years old... i have a regular one that ill put to use tomarrow.... brand new

I have a couple questions I'm hoping you can help me with.

Can someone explain the pull to thaw. I know we pull twice a day but how do you keep track of how long it takes different things to thaw and which ones get saved overnight and which get tossed? Do you wrap them in plastic wrap or put the plastic lids on the trays? I have the worksheets to fill out but I guess I am just confused with what exactly happens at night.

I am trying to find the dpci to order tall nitro lids, g/v nitro lids, and a new pour over station (not the cones but the base).
work bench has a lot of the starbucks reference materials. pastry shelf life might pull it up. it'll say what's a 2 day, what's a 1 day.

its up to you/your tl how you want to deal with opened pastrys. even in a sealed container i don't think loaves taste good day 2 so i don't serve them. others do. your stl/etl likely don't know enough other than this is what the other person did.

Another order question..what are the infusion pitchers called? I only found the lids.

Also what is the name for the sandwhich board style chalkboard that sits on the floor? We want to put it in the entryway of the store.

One of my girls quit at the very end of the DM visit last week. She had a lot of anxiety and was screwing up a lot of drinks, but holy hell, we're down to four people (including me) and I'm training a fifth. Two on leave...pray for me.

One of my girls quit at the very end of the DM visit last week. She had a lot of anxiety and was screwing up a lot of drinks, but holy hell, we're down to four people (including me) and I'm training a fifth. Two on leave...pray for me.
I pray for you to have patience. You and I are in the same boat. It takes alot of patience to not show your frustration given the situation ,to a new TM. I always try to kind of ease them in to the drama of SBUX.

Another order question..what are the infusion pitchers called? I only found the lids.

Also what is the name for the sandwhich board style chalkboard that sits on the floor? We want to put it in the entryway of the store.
Probably "non-retail s infsns vessel base 1L" 260-04-0035. And that board is called an A-frame I think, but most Targets don't have it. If you don't have it already, then you probably aren't supposed to.

Probably "non-retail s infsns vessel base 1L" 260-04-0035. And that board is called an A-frame I think, but most Targets don't have it. If you don't have it already, then you probably aren't supposed to.
Just because you're not supposed to, doesn't mean you can't ;)

We ordered our A-frame off of SAP about a year ago.. if used properly it's a great way to share promotions and increase guest traffic. Currently we're using ours to promote upcoming happy hours and cartwheel offers. Makes a nice "now hiring" sign as well. I find it's a great way to divert guest traffic and to give creative tms some ownership.

Just because you're not supposed to, doesn't mean you can't ;)

We ordered our A-frame off of SAP about a year ago.. if used properly it's a great way to share promotions and increase guest traffic. Currently we're using ours to promote upcoming happy hours and cartwheel offers. Makes a nice "now hiring" sign as well. I find it's a great way to divert guest traffic and to give creative tms some ownership.

Thanks. We had one a while back before I worked at Starbucks but I haven’t been able to find it. Our STL saw one at another store and has been asking me about it.

I pray for you to have patience. You and I are in the same boat. It takes alot of patience to not show your frustration given the situation ,to a new TM. I always try to kind of ease them in to the drama of SBUX.
I was actually training my new gal on her first day at the time. It worked out okay so far. I'm not frustrated so far. I've got too much else going on in my personal life that this is kind of a nice break. Ha.

So making coffee with a French Press, I know the instructions are in the Coffee Passport. But it terms of measuring everything what do we use? I have the scoop/spoodle/spoon that you use for pour over. If we use that, how many scoops of grounds do we need and how would we measure the amount of water?

Rant incoming! :p

Having a lot of trouble with our Sbux TL lately. I don’t really want to get into specifics with it, but due to some circumstances, our STL gave our TL the go-ahead to have double coverage at our Sbux for open, mid, and close for a week, since our Sbux would be (and has been) getting absolutely slammed. (S)he knew this and got permission like a month ago, and now the time has come for us to get a ton of business and possibly even increase our future customer base, yet we don’t have double coverage. We don’t even have single coverage, since the Sbux team currently has awful attendance issues, yet none of them have been coached about it or are on corrective action, etc. (I asked our TL about it, who is pretty open about these kind of things, so they admitted they just “haven’t gotten to it.”) Every day that I’ve been scheduled to work in a non-starbucks workcenter, I’ve had to get pulled to Sbux for my whole shift since they’re swamped and there’s only ever one person back there at once, taking a body and hours away from whichever area I was supposed to be in. Our TL never calls anybody in to cover when we have callouts, not sure if it’s because s/he knows no one on our team will even answer, nevermind come in, or for some other reason. Our GSTL and Sbux TL keep pulling random people from other areas that have not a single bit of Starbucks training to cover over there by themselves and having them just standing there serving hot coffee so we don’t have to shut it down.

In addition, our TL has always had issues with ordering, having us run out of core menu stuff and basic supplies even when we’ve had periods where we weren’t so busy, and now we’re swamped so we’re out of pretty much everything. It’s horrible. We really shouldn’t be running out of Classic and have no grande iced cups when we’re the only Starbucks in the area.

Anyway, I know that this specific situation is a temporary thing, but does anyone have suggestions on anything I can do to help the TL or take things upon myself to make things easier? I’m honestly not even officially a Starbucks TM, I just work over there a few times a week to cover since they have a ton of callouts, and have been doing so a lot more lately, especially closing. I just hate to see how much of a huge dumpster fire it is over there. Any tips would be appreciated.

Rant incoming! :p

Having a lot of trouble with our Sbux TL lately. I don’t really want to get into specifics with it, but due to some circumstances, our STL gave our TL the go-ahead to have double coverage at our Sbux for open, mid, and close for a week, since our Sbux would be (and has been) getting absolutely slammed. (S)he knew this and got permission like a month ago, and now the time has come for us to get a ton of business and possibly even increase our future customer base, yet we don’t have double coverage. We don’t even have single coverage, since the Sbux team currently has awful attendance issues, yet none of them have been coached about it or are on corrective action, etc. (I asked our TL about it, who is pretty open about these kind of things, so they admitted they just “haven’t gotten to it.”) Every day that I’ve been scheduled to work in a non-starbucks workcenter, I’ve had to get pulled to Sbux for my whole shift since they’re swamped and there’s only ever one person back there at once, taking a body and hours away from whichever area I was supposed to be in. Our TL never calls anybody in to cover when we have callouts, not sure if it’s because s/he knows no one on our team will even answer, nevermind come in, or for some other reason. Our GSTL and Sbux TL keep pulling random people from other areas that have not a single bit of Starbucks training to cover over there by themselves and having them just standing there serving hot coffee so we don’t have to shut it down.

In addition, our TL has always had issues with ordering, having us run out of core menu stuff and basic supplies even when we’ve had periods where we weren’t so busy, and now we’re swamped so we’re out of pretty much everything. It’s horrible. We really shouldn’t be running out of Classic and have no grande iced cups when we’re the only Starbucks in the area.

Anyway, I know that this specific situation is a temporary thing, but does anyone have suggestions on anything I can do to help the TL or take things upon myself to make things easier? I’m honestly not even officially a Starbucks TM, I just work over there a few times a week to cover since they have a ton of callouts, and have been doing so a lot more lately, especially closing. I just hate to see how much of a huge dumpster fire it is over there. Any tips would be appreciated.
You truly are a good boy.
As for the SBUX TL. It sounds like he is not fulfilling his TL duties at all.
First of all doing a correct and complete order is the key to running a successful
SBUX, like you said running out of classic not having cups???
Secondly, him/her not coaching TMs? Thats basic TL job description.
How long has this TL been in the position?
I think you taking ownership of the ordering, would be the first thing I can recommend to help the TL.
Although it seems like the TL needs to be coached and given a refresher on their responsibilities.

You truly are a good boy.
As for the SBUX TL. It sounds like he is not fulfilling his TL duties at all.
First of all doing a correct and complete order is the key to running a successful
SBUX, like you said running out of classic not having cups???
Secondly, him/her not coaching TMs? Thats basic TL job description.
How long has this TL been in the position?
I think you taking ownership of the ordering, would be the first thing I can recommend to help the TL.
Although it seems like the TL needs to be coached and given a refresher on their responsibilities.
They have been the TL of Starbucks/FA/Market for about a year now and were previously the TL of different areas of the store. Food ave is having the same issues with things not being ordered/no coverage and being closed during the day. Market is ok because we have 3 PAs. I’m going to approach the ETL-GE about these issues and see what he suggests, but honestly I don’t think anything will change unless I take the initiative and try to change the way things are working because I really do care about our little corner and want to see it flourish :( Thank you so much for your advice

Yes, anyone can order, so have someone show you how. That would help out alot.
Have a talk with the TL too. He is ducking his responsibility by ignoring attendance issues. You might go to your HR as well. Bring up how hard it has been lately because of attendance. HR can pull up the attendance for baristas, and get the ball rolling on accountability.
Also, having an uncertified person running the kiosk is as bad as having it shut down. It is still grounds for NNC.

Yes, anyone can order, so have someone show you how. That would help out alot.
Have a talk with the TL too. He is ducking his responsibility by ignoring attendance issues. You might go to your HR as well. Bring up how hard it has been lately because of attendance. HR can pull up the attendance for baristas, and get the ball rolling on accountability.
Also, having an uncertified person running the kiosk is as bad as having it shut down. It is still grounds for NNC.
Thank you for the advice, I really appreciate it. I’m going to ask my ETL-GE if I can be sent to another store in our area for proper barista training (he mentioned it before so I’m just going to push on it now) and then try to take over the ordering. I printed out some resources about shelf life and duties for openers, closers, and mids, and I’m going to try to have the TL remind people of their duties throughout the day.

Hey @Dog!
This guide may help you. Slightly dated.
https://www.thebreakroom.org/threads/starbucks.96/
Thank you so much!

Just as a quick update, I expressed interest in trying to help the team over at Starbucks by getting proper barista training and helping with the order/reminding the team of their duties and was basically told that it wasn’t my job and to mind my own business, so that’s kind of unfortunate but at least I tried! :rolleyes: Thanks again guys

Wait a second, your ge said no for more training? But, still want you back up Starbucks. Talk to hr, now.
Yeah I’ve literally gotten scheduled in that area and get called in nearly every day to cover callouts. They’re aware that I don’t have proper training but no one seems to care :oops:

Hey, are there any good drink guides ? My training is done but i want a good reference guide! Since I never got my barista booklets or anything!

Back