Starbucks Team Leaders

How do you motivate your baristas.... mine are so jaded and not interested in wanting to do more..... cause it would be nice if they did more...

After another horrible drink roll-out, we decided to see what kind of drinks WE could come up with using what was on hand & if we could use something from groc; we have a couple of serious contenders.
A game we got from a sister store was a contest on cup name-spelling; coming up with the most outrageous spellings (ie: Melanie - Mehlonii), starting with baristas' names.

I think running Sbux like a completely separate business helps. Sort of us against them in a way (not as bad as that sounds, lol). When they send the Sbux recognition cards, we use them. I challenge the team to load up the board--they are obviously different from the Target ones. If the rest of the store is getting drinks for rewards, do the same for your team! Play up the new food and drinks too. Everyone is supposed to try all of the new stuff, so make sure everyone does. Make it fun, and make sure they know they are ok to take the new frap/food item.
Ease them in to doing more. Ask one of them to start ordering pastries. It's only a couple of pages, and deliveries are more frequent, so more room for error. If you have any artistic baristas, put them in charge of chalking signs. Put one in charge of the grinder--cleaning and calibrating it weekly. Things like that. Make sure to go crazy with recognition when they do well. I think that most will start to take ownership of the kiosk, and will start supporting each other more too.

Anyone having issues reprogramming their blender/Vitamix? My store has an in bar one. I think I found where the chip goes into and followed the instruction but button #4 is not working. Feels like I'm missing a step or my blender is too old?

https://i.imgur.com/f6yUImA.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/lwUXEzh.jpg

I was having that problem too but when I looked at the second paper it said that button 3 was for the cold foam and that button 4 wasn't in use for now?
I made the cold foam and it seemed to work?

I was having that problem too but when I looked at the second paper it said that button 3 was for the cold foam and that button 4 wasn't in use for now?
I made the cold foam and it seemed to work?
I guess I never tried button 3 lol. The instructions that came with the programming chip said to press button 4. If it does something, it worked. Guess I'll try button #3 when I'm in tomorrow. How can you tell if it made the cold foam correctly?

What I did was pull the blend out of its slot.
Didn't flip the on/off switch because it said to make sure its on.
Insert chip at the bottom, tried flipping the chip and inserted it in two different ways.

Was there anymore too it?

That's all I did as well. I had three baristas with me and we felt like the foam all looked good so I'm thinking it worked.
You know how the communication with target/Starbucks is sooooo. Who knows! Lol

@Asuras look at the chip, i have an incounter one too, and tlwe tried to program it for half and hour then realized the chip said its for an on counter machine.

Do guys have enough space for the cold foam “blenders” I have no space on my cold bar! I would like these “blenders” to be near the cold bar.... but like I said no more room? Do you guys have shelving on the back splash?

Do guys have enough space for the cold foam “blenders” I have no space on my cold bar! I would like these “blenders” to be near the cold bar.... but like I said no more room? Do you guys have shelving on the back splash?
I have space on the cold bar drain rack if I take the 2 least used regular blender pitchers off, soy and non-dairy.

I tried to order a new spy blender yesterday and the numbers I have for it didn't work. I didn't have time to really look past that. Does anyone have a new number for it?

I brought one up and keep it on top of the infusion riser. Infusion juices, bananas, and then the cold foam pitcher fits perfectly.

Anyone able to take a picture of the Cold Foam pitcher. Just so I know what to look for? Thanks as always guys!

Back