Starbucks Team Leaders

When’s cold foam launching? Are we using the new “blenders” for everything? (Fraps,smoothies)? Or just the cold foam?

When’s cold foam launching? Are we using the new “blenders” for everything? (Fraps,smoothies)? Or just the cold foam?
From what I saw on Workbench, Cold Foam starts 4/13?? Also It’s just for the cold foam I’m guessing since the pitchers are pretty small.

Question for everyone, what do syrups do you guys have at your Cold Bar Station currently? Right now I have Coffee Frapp Roast, Coffee Base, Coffee Light Base, Creme Base, Classic Syrup (w/Black Pump), Vanilla & Caramel Syrup (w/ CBS Pump), and Raspberry Syrup (w/ White Pump).

Reading through the Summer PPV. Coffee Light Base and Strawberry Puree (current form) are getting discontinue. PPV calls for Classic and Raspberry to be moved to the espresso bar. Just wanted to see what everyone's layout is like. Since it will seem bare with Classic and Raspberry being moved.

Question for everyone, what do syrups do you guys have at your Cold Bar Station currently? Right now I have Coffee Frapp Roast, Coffee Base, Coffee Light Base, Creme Base, Classic Syrup (w/Black Pump), Vanilla & Caramel Syrup (w/ CBS Pump), and Raspberry Syrup (w/ White Pump).

Reading through the Summer PPV. Coffee Light Base and Strawberry Puree (current form) are getting discontinue. PPV calls for Classic and Raspberry to be moved to the espresso bar. Just wanted to see what everyone's layout is like. Since it will seem bare with Classic and Raspberry being moved.

This is our layout right now:
CBS mocha, Frap roast, coffee base, crème base, light base, liquid cane sugar (black pump), caramel (cbs).
I’ll be adding cascara and vanilla with CBS pump for the Cold Foam launch. We keep classic and raspberry on hot bar as we have liquid cane. Everything else is on hot bar and we do 1,2,3 instead of 2,3,4 pumps for frappuccino recipes.

This is our layout right now:
CBS mocha, Frap roast, coffee base, crème base, light base, liquid cane sugar (black pump), caramel (cbs).
I’ll be adding cascara and vanilla with CBS pump for the Cold Foam launch. We keep classic and raspberry on hot bar as we have liquid cane. Everything else is on hot bar and we do 1,2,3 instead of 2,3,4 pumps for frappuccino recipes.
Interest on the Mocha, I just have Mocha on the Espresso Bar and go 1, 2, 2 for Frappuccinos. Are Liquid Sugar Cane Syrup suppose to use the Black Pumps? Been using CBS pumps all this time :S

Interest on the Mocha, I just have Mocha on the Espresso Bar and go 1, 2, 2 for Frappuccinos. Are Liquid Sugar Cane Syrup suppose to use the Black Pumps? Been using CBS pumps all this time :S
I figured the cane sugar gets black pumps because the only things we use them for are the teas. The CBS pumps seem to be mainly for the frappuccinos since less syrup is pumped out. We use classic for like the strawberries and crème and matcha Green tea fraps, but we make so little of those we just 1,2,2 it. We’ve always done a lot of mocha, java chip, and double chocolately chip so we have a container that’s exactly like the frap roast pump but with a different gauging collar.

Oh wow I totally learned something new! Thank you! The old TL just slapped a pump on there but I don’t think she ever read the communications.

Oh wow I totally learned something new! Thank you! The old TL just slapped a pump on there but I don’t think she ever read the communications.
Question everything! There are so many things I've seen done incorrectly (wrong pumps, wrong recipes, wrong shelf lives, etc) because the team had always done it that way and assumed it was correct. It blows my mind when I find something that I assumed was correct and I find out I was doing it wrong for a long, long time.

Question everything! There are so many things I've seen done incorrectly (wrong pumps, wrong recipes, wrong shelf lives, etc) because the team had always done it that way and assumed it was correct. It blows my mind when I find something that I assumed was correct and I find out I was doing it wrong for a long, long time.
Same here! I always encourage my team to ask questions and if there’s recipe conflict to consult the books. That happened a lot for cup marking like the very berry hibiscus for example. Everybody wrote a different thing until i looked it up and saw it was totally NOT what I thought it was for like almost a year.

So we should have a CBS mocha? Again, I've only ever had it on the espresso bar and always used 1, 2, 2 pumps for Frappuccinos. Outside of winter holiday times. I rarely run out of mocha to warrant a separate container for the CBS bar.

So we should have a CBS mocha? Again, I've only ever had it on the espresso bar and always used 1, 2, 2 pumps for Frappuccinos. Outside of winter holiday times. I rarely run out of mocha to warrant a separate container for the CBS bar.
I’m not sure if you *need* to have it, but I remember seeing it on the station layout document. The pump is orderable on the guide, but the one I got to replace my older one didn’t come with the container. When we’re not frappuccino heavy it’s a nuisance sometimes.

You can if you want. It's less about running out and more about having all the things you need in one place (saves time when making drinks because you don't have to switch between both bars) and keeps you from running into each other if you have one person making espresso drinks and another making teas/fraps/etc.

I've never had it because I've always been in mid/low volume stores, but I'll be at a new store this summer and I don't know what volume it'll be exactly, but higher than what I'm used to. It might be easier to have a CBS mocha. I probably won't need to make 2 mochas per day for most of the year, so I could split it into 2 containers.

The black and white ones are identical in volume. The black ones are only supposed to be used for sugar free syrups (to make it easier to tell which is sugar free so you don't reach for the wrong bottle) and classic. I've never been told why classic gets a black one, though.

The black and white ones are identical in volume. The black ones are only supposed to be used for sugar free syrups (to make it easier to tell which is sugar free so you don't reach for the wrong bottle) and classic. I've never been told why classic gets a black one, though.
Thank you, six months on the job and haven’t met a single SbUX rep..... this forum has helped more than all of target corp and sbux combined!

I’m really not surprised about that tbh. Our DM only came by surprise and didn’t meet our former TL until like a year of her being DM passed. I always happened to be there and when I became TL she didn’t really bother to communicate until this year ended.

Strange...my DM is around a little too much. We have a meeting almost every month or every new PPV. And his surprise visits or his visit before every major promotion or new set. Needless to say, I wish he didn't pop in as much as he does.

Back