Starbucks Team Leaders

All the holiday drink supplies came :( so about 4 boxes of everything. Is anyone finding it harder and harder to cross train or find externals for Starbucks? No one in my store wants to do it and no external candidates want to do it :/ really need some extra peeps

Have your trusted tms recruit. Ask them if they have any friends or coworkers who would be good.

No one's freaking out besides me. The contractor stares at me when I ask him about it like he doesn't need to be talking to me or I have 5 heads. My DM didn't seem to care either when he came the other day. Everyone's kind of "Oh welling" it that I have no backline fridge...

No one's freaking out besides me. The contractor stares at me when I ask him about it like he doesn't need to be talking to me or I have 5 heads. My DM didn't seem to care either when he came the other day. Everyone's kind of "Oh welling" it that I have no backline fridge...
Is it the width or the height? And how close is it to fitting?

Is it the width or the height? And how close is it to fitting?
They added an expansion tank to the hot water heater...actually that's something I want to check because it looks like it might be hooked up to the cold water in a picture I took. I can only fit something 18wx20dx30h. The cooler they sent is the same as the one under the oven.

:eek:

They added an expansion tank to the hot water heater...actually that's something I want to check because it looks like it might be hooked up to the cold water in a picture I took. I can only fit something 18wx20dx30h. The cooler they sent is the same as the one under the oven.
I have actually seen that same cooler in use on the back line in another SBUX I was covering.... not much you can fit in there. It was pretty crappy situation.

I have actually seen that same cooler in use on the back line in another SBUX I was covering.... not much you can fit in there. It was pretty crappy situation.
Exactly. Which is why I do not want to loose that fridge! It's barely enough to begin with!!

Anyone heard of the Starbucks Master Program (test)? A neighboring store was picked by the Target immersion team for this lol "program". Pretty much a barista would be given the title of Starbucks Master and is given a special apron. They would be a play caller when on duty. Pretty much Target is taking the AST (whatever it's called now). And giving a different name for Target stores. To "entice" Target baristas to be AST certified without being compensated.

All the holiday drink supplies came :( so about 4 boxes of everything. Is anyone finding it harder and harder to cross train or find externals for Starbucks? No one in my store wants to do it and no external candidates want to do it :/ really need some extra peeps
Yes I’ve have 3 positions opened since June and I’ve only hired 1..most of the time I never have interviews and when I have do have scheduled they just don’t show up for it

Anyone heard of the Starbucks Master Program (test)? A neighboring store was picked by the Target immersion team for this lol "program". Pretty much a barista would be given the title of Starbucks Master and is given a special apron. They would be a play caller when on duty. Pretty much Target is taking the AST (whatever it's called now). And giving a different name for Target stores. To "entice" Target baristas to be AST certified without being compensated.
This might be a way to phase out the starbucks TL position...

Actually had my ppv today and asked about the coffee master thing. She was talking about this. She was talking about how it’s already so easy to be a “coffee master” and that you could be one and not even know the difference between espresso and Kenya dark roast. She doesn’t know when the new program launches but if I were wanting to she could make something special for me to do for a certification and to do the coffee journeys every day on workbench

Does anyone have those nice pastry racks? I saw this on workbench and asked my dm but she said she couldn’t remember if it’s something I could get

Attachments

• 4D7F7C50-4CD3-4141-998C-1E3D96795E6A.jpeg
    4D7F7C50-4CD3-4141-998C-1E3D96795E6A.jpeg
    293.1 KB · Views: 22
Actually had my ppv today and asked about the coffee master thing. She was talking about this. She was talking about how it’s already so easy to be a “coffee master” and that you could be one and not even know the difference between espresso and Kenya dark roast. She doesn’t know when the new program launches but if I were wanting to she could make something special for me to do for a certification and to do the coffee journeys every day on workbench
I don't think we are talking about the same thing. Starbucks Master is something Target is trying to make a thing to encourage to be AST Certified. Coffee Master is a totally different thing.

i'd do it for a special apron

So one of my old co-workers from my Target Cafe days (2012-2014) that worked Starbucks has worked at two standalone Starbucks locations since she quit Target in the summer of 2014. I asked her one day what AST responsibilities were at a standalone and she informed me neither store she'd been at had an AST. She used to be AST as well, she said it's what got her the shift manager position at the second store, and it has all the same responsibilities an AST has. AST, now LS Leader, is Target's way of not giving people a pay raise for doing the job of an assistant manager.

One of the many reasons I was happy to turn in my two week notice a few days ago.

Who has this brewer and can tell me more about it?
Oh oh oh me, pick me!

The output is basically double from what you'll be used to - the half batch is about the same amount as the old full batch from the brewers most stores have, and quarter is the old half batch. You'll also need different sized scoops! Most Targets use a 4oz scoop, but you need both an 8oz and a 6oz scoop, which are orderable but might not be on your order guide. I could probably get you the DPCIs if you need them. The 8oz scoop will be for Pike, dark, and decaf. The 6oz scoop is only for blonde. 1 scoop for quarter batch, 2 for half, 4 for full.

The hot water tap gets installed on the side of the machine and is incredibly fast. It barely takes any time to get enough water for a venti pour over!

Make sure someone comes out and actually installs it. I had to make mySupports before someone came out. I was worried I wouldn't hardly get to train my team on it before we opened.

It takes up a ton of room. The urns are huge and have those things they sit on, and the brewer itself is a little bigger, too. I can send a picture of my setup - I ordered an infusions riser and put it behind the 2 urns to hold the pour over canisters and the pour over water pitcher.

I'm happy to answer any questions you have!

Last edited:
Back