Starbucks Team Leaders

Oh oh oh me, pick me!

The output is basically double from what you'll be used to - the half batch is about the same amount as the old full batch from the brewers most stores have, and quarter is the old half batch. You'll also need different sized scoops! Most Targets use a 4oz scoop, but you need both an 8oz and a 6oz scoop, which are orderable but might not be on your order guide. I could probably get you the DPCIs if you need them. The 8oz scoop will be for Pike, dark, and decaf. The 6oz scoop is only for blonde. 1 scoop for quarter batch, 2 for half, 4 for full.

The hot water tap gets installed on the side of the machine and is incredibly fast. It barely takes any time to get enough water for a venti pour over!

Make sure someone comes out and actually installs it. I had to make mySupports before someone came out. I was worried I wouldn't hardly get to train my team on it before we opened.

It takes up a ton of room. The urns are huge and have those things they sit on, and the brewer itself is a little bigger, too. I can send a picture of my setup - I ordered an infusions riser and put it behind the 2 urns to hold the pour over canisters and the pour over water pitcher.

I'm happy to answer any questions you have!
Ahhh! Thank you! You're the best.
I noticed that hot water tap part the other day, who exactly is supposed to come out and install it? We do have the instahot tap on the side so I might just use that so we don't lose space as our backline starts really close on the right side. Also what do you find is the best way to clean the coffee pots daily? Do you do a weekly deep clean on them as well? And if you could send me a pic of your setup I'd love that!!

Ahhh! Thank you! You're the best.
I noticed that hot water tap part the other day, who exactly is supposed to come out and install it? We do have the instahot tap on the side so I might just use that so we don't lose space as our backline starts really close on the right side. Also what do you find is the best way to clean the coffee pots daily? Do you do a weekly deep clean on them as well? And if you could send me a pic of your setup I'd love that!!
The hot water tap is installed by the same folks that maintain the Mastrena.
I would recommend cleaning the pots running full batch with the blue powder cleaner in the brew basket atleast once a week.
Definitely rinse everyday and keep half batch water in them over night.

We'll rinse the urns with a little bit of hot water between batches and then wipe them down at the end of the day (and as needed), but not much for daily cleaning. Weekly, we put some urnex in there - they autoshipped us a case of it when we opened, but I'm not sure if it's actually orderable. They don't get nearly as clean as the old airpots, so you need to scrub them a little to actually get the inside clean.

I'd highly recommend letting them install the hot water tap even if you're worried about space. It's just so fast.

I think Load King is supposed to install it and they never actually came out.

Other issues I had that you may run into:
-construction crew never finished the floor tiles. They came back out twice and almost finished it, but now it's too late to get to some of it
-the back counter was too low to fit fridges under it until I raised the cabinet legs. The construction crew had no idea how to fix it and just jammed the fridges underneath
-they cut an extra hole for the drains. Either they cut in the wrong spot, or they thought there was supposed to be an additional drain. I had to tell them it's not ok to have a hole that goes down to the parking garage below us
-there were holes in the drains, so there was a constant drop of shit onto the cars below us. This also was a breeding ground for probably close to 1000 fruit flies at a time...
-the ice machine was plugged into the wrong outlet, so it tripped the circuit breaker a couple times per week and we almost ran out of ice several times
-the water pressure to any of the filtered water is so low that I can't really run both espresso machines at the same time... I'm still working on getting that fixed
-the construction crew didn't put the wheels on the large fridge or freezer until they were told about it, and also didn't finish the tiles in the closet until told
-it took 9 phone calls over the course of 3 months to finally get Unifirst to set up our account and bring us floor mats
-3 months in, I'm still missing a few signs and fixtures, despite several emails/phone calls to: my DM, the LSR, the emergency order email, and several mySupports

The point is, be ready to deal with a bunch of bullshit and don't assume something will be done for you until it's finished.

Last edited:
We'll rinse the urns with a little bit of hot water between batches and then wipe them down at the end of the day (and as needed), but not much for daily cleaning. Weekly, we put some urnex in there - they autoshipped us a case of it when we opened, but I'm not sure if it's actually orderable. They don't get nearly as clean as the old airpots, so you need to scrub them a little to actually get the inside clean.

I'd highly recommend letting them install the hot water tap even if you're worried about space. It's just so fast.

I think Load King is supposed to install it and they never actually came out.

Other issues I had that you may run into:
-construction crew never finished the floor tiles. They came back out twice and almost finished it, but now it's too late to get to some of it
-the back counter was too low to fit fridges under it until I raised the cabinet legs. The construction crew had no idea how to fix it and just jammed the fridges underneath
-they cut an extra hole for the drains. Either they cut in the wrong spot, or they thought there was supposed to be an additional drain. I had to tell them it's not ok to have a hole that goes down to the parking garage below us
-there were holes in the drains, so there was a constant drop of shit onto the cars below us. This also was a breeding ground for probably close to 1000 fruit flies at a time...
-the ice machine was plugged into the wrong outlet, so it tripped the circuit breaker a couple times per week and we almost ran out of ice several times
-the water pressure to any of the filtered water is so low that I can't really run both espresso machines at the same time... I'm still working on getting that fixed
-the construction crew didn't put the wheels on the large fridge or freezer until they were told about it, and also didn't finish the tiles in the closet until told
-it took 9 phone calls over the course of 3 months to finally get Unifirst to set up our account and bring us floor mats
-3 months in, I'm still missing a few signs and fixtures, despite several emails/phone calls to: my DM, the LSR, the emergency order email, and several mySupports

The point is, be ready to deal with a bunch of bullshit and don't assume something will be done for you until it's finished.

Thanks, I knew to expect issues like these and have been hounding the construction crew everyday about what I've encountered. Making sure to email my NSOE with all my concerns and cc my DM and STL on it as well. I have to write my first order next week and I'm already being told most likely I won't be able to pull a guide or actually scan through.

I thought you can get the barcode list on workbench?
Yes, you’re supposed to be able to. But it disappears maybe once per year or 2, and isn’t available for new stores until corporate activates it or something. I couldn’t access mine until my store actually opened, which was a few weeks later than I needed it. And even when it came up, it was missing a lot of items in department 260. I had a mySupport for ordering issues open from July 1st until about a week ago. I had to reopen it 4 or 5 times because they closed it without actually fixing anything.

can we do a food refund back onto a guest's starbucks card or does it have to go back onto cash, giftcard, or starbucks store credit? i couldn't figure out a way to make a return back to their starbucks card so I did a cash refund and then loaded that cash onto their card. was that the right thing to do?

can we do a food refund back onto a guest's starbucks card or does it have to go back onto cash, giftcard, or starbucks store credit? i couldn't figure out a way to make a return back to their starbucks card so I did a cash refund and then loaded that cash onto their card. was that the right thing to do?
The reason we can't load it back to their Starbucks card is that they would earn the stars and then get the money back on the card so they can get the stars again. Theoretically you could just keep doing this and earn free drinks without spending any money. It's supposed to be on a return card because that can't be added to a Starbucks card.

However, I can't really think of a great reason to deny a guest from loading money onto their card after we refund them the cash, and it's really not that much of a scam if it's around $5. $5 is 10 stars, which is 8% of the way to a free drink. Even if a guest gets a drink that's $7 as their free one, this scam would only amount to $.56, so it's highly unlikely that a guest is going to go through the work to do this unless they're spending a lot more.

And if you could send me a pic of your setup I'd love that!!
Today I moved the lids and sleeves to the left side so they wouldn’t be next to the grinder. I cut some plastic dividers that they use on the sales floor to protect them, but I still find myself throwing away the top lid all the time.

Attachments

• D370B8FC-B381-4CB6-A831-02A632D1FF90.jpeg
    D370B8FC-B381-4CB6-A831-02A632D1FF90.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 31
There is a master list , but only for small wares in cafe.... no hats, no aprons. I found aprons like @queen1elle , but no hats.... its almost as if cafe is going away...

Today I moved the lids and sleeves to the left side so they wouldn’t be next to the grinder. I cut some plastic dividers that they use on the sales floor to protect them, but I still find myself throwing away the top lid all the time.

We put our lids and sleeves on top of the brewer. Lids on the signs inside a small plexi and the sleeves behind them, they fit perfectly and use all available square footage 😁

Have you guys received the holiday now brewing and holiday recipe cards yet? I know they are available on Workbench. But wondering if my store lost the package.

Back