Starbucks Team Leaders

Yes, QMOS them as a sample. I probably sell 3-5 cups of decaf per week at my store, so it's barely even worth grinding the beans for pour overs in the morning. How many do you sell? You need to sell a few per hour to make it worth it. Otherwise, it's just better to do pour overs.

Anyone brew decaf at their store? We brew pike, dark and blonde every day. Was thinking of doing so since we do have guests in the morning ask for it. We just use the whole bean bags we sell right and qmos it out?
I believe you dont have to qmos, I read something about it on a weekly update

Ok ok my teams never done pour overs and we don’t have anything for them. Can you explain the process for pour overs and how to?
You'll want to grind a few scoops of beans into them on a finer setting than you normally do for the brewer. Do this first thing in the morning so they're ready before need it. You don't want to have to grind them when a guest orders it because the process already takes a couple minutes.

You can look in the Beverage Resource Manual to see the setting for your grinder. Measure out the water into the little water pitcher up to the marking for whatever size you want. Use the tiny scoop to measure out some flat scoops of grounds 3-3-4-5 for s-t-g-v (basically the same number of scoops as you would do pumps of syrup, except an extra for short). Slowly pour the water over the grounds. If it's a venti, you can't pour all of the water at once because it'll overflow, so you might have to stop for a few seconds even if you're pouring slowly. Just make sure you get all the grounds wet. If you measured the water correctly at the start, it should be perfect.

Supplies, if you need them:
Water pitcher: 260-04-0402
Brew stand: 260-04-0196
Cones for the stand: 260-04-0199
Scoop: 260-04-0195
Filters: 260-04-0197
Sticker that tells you how to do all of this: 260-05-0099
Canisters: 260-04-0268

You'll want to grind a few scoops of beans into them on a finer setting than you normally do for the brewer. Do this first thing in the morning so they're ready before need it. You don't want to have to grind them when a guest orders it because the process already takes a couple minutes.

You can look in the Beverage Resource Manual to see the setting for your grinder. Measure out the water into the little water pitcher up to the marking for whatever size you want. Use the tiny scoop to measure out some flat scoops of grounds 3-3-4-5 for s-t-g-v (basically the same number of scoops as you would do pumps of syrup, except an extra for short). Slowly pour the water over the grounds. If it's a venti, you can't pour all of the water at once because it'll overflow, so you might have to stop for a few seconds even if you're pouring slowly. Just make sure you get all the grounds wet. If you measured the water correctly at the start, it should be perfect.

Supplies, if you need them:
Water pitcher: 260-04-0402
Brew stand: 260-04-0196
Cones for the stand: 260-04-0199
Scoop: 260-04-0195
Filters: 260-04-0197
Sticker that tells you how to do all of this: 260-05-0099
Canisters: 260-04-0268
I love you

We grind & brew decaf at our store as we have a few regulars that request it (or half-caf).
Later in the morning we'll do a half brew before going to pour-over.
We have four pallets in the steel while we look for a staging area.

The Master Barista thing I was talking about the other day. Its nothing really different from what we are already doing. Just a silly title change and Semi-Special Apron.
dqDQvVz.png

ee8jD0b.png

wnZPMBq.png

Last edited:
Alrighty fellow leads, I need some help one of my ast is always stressed out when he comes in. I can trust him with anything but he gets super stressed out and flips out a lot. I’ve tried making it easier for the team with communication logs and what not but he still finds things to panic over even though it’s nothing to panic over. How can I help him chill tf out lol.

Alrighty fellow leads, I need some help one of my ast is always stressed out when he comes in. I can trust him with anything but he gets super stressed out and flips out a lot. I’ve tried making it easier for the team with communication logs and what not but he still finds things to panic over even though it’s nothing to panic over. How can I help him chill tf out lol.

If he is following Starbucks standards , then there’s no chilling tf out. Until standards are met the team needs to step tf up.

Tell him how it affects the team and how even guests can tell he's stressed out. He needs to know it impacts the people around him.

But it's very, very important that when you have this conversation, you tell him how much you appreciate how much he cares. If he's getting stressed out, it's because he wants things to be done right (I hope). It sounds like this person has the intrinsic motivation that can be hard to find at times and you need to nurture it and encourage it. And you also need to make it clear to him that you will hold the rest of the team accountable. Listen to what he says. Listen to what stresses him out. It's likely that the rest of the team isn't working as hard as him and he wants them to work harder. You don't want to just start micromanaging the rest of the team, but you can try to hold them to a higher standard.

STU. Is this a new thing? I have been known to pull a barista to BOH and just smile and say, "It's just coffee. We are literally being paid to chat with people and make them a drink they love. It's just coffee." Usually works for a one off, but if he is always like this, you need to find out why.

Ok ok my teams never done pour overs and we don’t have anything for them. Can you explain the process for pour overs and how to?
At our pour over station our AST actually put a little printed out sheet (probably from workbench) on how to do pour overs and it’s actually very helpful. I’ll have to get a pic of it

Back