Starbucks Team Leaders

Felt busier than last year for my store. Stayed from 6am to 9pm (close). I'm dying inside, with the craziness of Black Friday + Happy Hour just killed us. Most of the baristas with me today also worked last night (me included). I work all weekend and until Tuesday, I don't know if I can mentally make it :(
Why did you stay for so long? I set my team up , and left granted it was a 11 hr shift, a very busy 11 hr shift.

Updated via my Starbucks Facebook Group on the Brown Butter Sauce we have incoming next month for Winter Launch 2019:

- Cinnamon Shortbread Latte: Espresso combined with Brown Butter Sauce topped with cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Cinnamon Shortbread Frappuccino: Vanilla Coffee Frappuccino layered with Whip Cream and Brown Butter Sauce on the bottom and topped with Whip Cream, Cinnamon, and Nutmeg.
- Cherry Mocha returns again during Valentines.
- Smoked Butterscotch is not returning it seems.

- Lemonade is changing: Lemonade 2x is made with the same ingredients but will be concentrated, then mixed with water "in-house".
EDIT: We have a new Pitcher incoming. We have to mix the new Lemonade Concentrate with Water..............
- Pitchers labeled as "
NEW PDP PITCHER 2L" in the iStore.

- This routine change I think is a huge one: Current One-Day Pastries will now have a shelf life of Two-Days ! (Buttered Croissants, Chocolate Croissants, Cheese Danish, Coffee Cake, Blueberry Scones, and Chocolate Chip Cookies).
- So pretty much all Pastries are good for Two-Days! Sugar Cookies (12-Days), Madelines, and Dream Bars will remain 14 days.

Last edited:
Cake pops were already 2 days, and sugar cookies are 12. This makes me feel better about the fact that I've been keeping all 1 day pastries for 2 days lol I keep them wrapped and don't sell from the case. The shelf life is a quality issue, not a safety issue, at least for like a week or 2.

But I want to hear more about this lemonade change.

Yeah, don't know why I included Cake Pops in the list lol.

We have a new Pitcher incoming. We have to mix the new Lemonade Concentrate with Water..............
- Pitchers labeled as "
NEW PDP PITCHER 2L" in the iStore.

Ok so we'll mix it and then put it in the pitcher, interesting... I'll have to rearrange my CBS fridge because it's really crowded as it is. I wonder how much they'll shorten the shelf life. I'm gonna guess 48 hours and hope it isn't 24.

I bet a lot of stores ran out of lemonade because of all the refreshers with lemonade, so they wanted to come up with a way to send more at a time by having us add water to it.

Last edited:
Still missing a shelf for my fridge and have no idea how to get a new one 😩😩😩. Lemonade sounds interesting. Guess it makes sense to have it be stronger and have us cut it to have a better profit.

You can probably find a replacement shelf if you look up the brand and model number on SAP in the Grainger punchout catelog.

On that note - has anyone ever had any luck finding extra shelves for the cabinets under the counters? I can't find ones with the right dimensions.

Looks like January 15th or so is when it will roll out. Saw in istore that I’ll be receive the lemonade boxes and the pitchers. ALSO Valentine’s Day stuff in December lol what.

My order normally arrives on Mondays and order has to be scanned in by Tuesdays (10:45am). Because of Thanksgiving, order were due on Monday. I scanned my order last Sunday (a day before the cutoff) and didn't get an order like I should have yesterday. Three other stores in my area experienced the same issue. Any of you guys have issues with your order?

My order normally arrives on Mondays and order has to be scanned in by Tuesdays (10:45am). Because of Thanksgiving, order were due on Monday. I scanned my order last Sunday (a day before the cutoff) and didn't get an order like I should have yesterday. Three other stores in my area experienced the same issue. Any of you guys have issues with your order?
Nope. This is the second time since my store opened in July that my order came in on time.

Holidays sometimes mess with the dates for scanning and receiving orders. Did you check the iStore to see if you were supposed to receive it yesterday?

I have the same cut off and delivery time as you. I checked Istore and my delivery is booked for Wednesday instead of the usual Monday.

I watch istore like hawk, my order last week is definitely coming next Monday. I mentioned this a few weeks ago on what I've noticed the last month.

Normally if I scan on lets say Sunday, the order would either appear on the istore later the night or the morning of the next day. For the past month, no matter what day I scan my order. It doesn't appear on the istore until Tuesday (regular cutoff day).

And that was what happened last week. Scanned my order on Sunday, order was due Monday due to Thanksgiving. And it didn't show up on istore until Tuesday. Order says order was placed Tuesday, despite it being scanned Sunday.

I watch istore like hawk, my order last week is definitely coming next Monday. I mentioned this a few weeks ago on what I've noticed the last month.

Normally if I scan on lets say Sunday, the order would either appear on the istore later the night or the morning of the next day. For the past month, no matter what day I scan my order. It doesn't appear on the istore until Tuesday (regular cutoff day).

And that was what happened last week. Scanned my order on Sunday, order was due Monday due to Thanksgiving. And it didn't show up on istore until Tuesday. Order says order was placed Tuesday, despite it being scanned Sunday.
I know exactly what happened and you aren't going to like this answer, but here it goes.

I don't know when Target started doing this, but they now hold all orders (no matter when it was scanned) until a certain time and then submit it all at once, probably to reduce invoices and stuff like that. Starbucks changed their order cutoff due to the holiday, but Target didn't adjust the day that they submitted your order. You may have placed it on time (or even early!), but Target held onto it until after the cutoff. A similar thing happened to me when my store opened a few months ago; Target had the incorrect order cutoff for my store, so I'd place an order as early as Tuesday and Target would submit it on Friday, even though the order cutoff was Thursday, and I'd basically receive my orders 12-14 days after I actually scanned it. It was infuriating. I'll PM you.

Back