Starbucks Team Leaders

There's one less than a mile from our store & we've done some trades & barter with.
Doesn't hurt to ask & the worse they can do is say no.

This may have been asked and answered, but, I need more clarification because of a couple of incidents over the past week.
Scenario A: guest orders GTF with WC and wants mocha drizzle:- do you (add drizzle) in modifiers?
Scenario B: guest orders trenta MDR with no ice no water:- do you (add juice) in modifiers?
Scenario C: guest orders ice coffee with Peppermint+ Mocha flavors:- do you (add syrup) in modifiers?
My answer to all above has been YES.

My DM says “make the moment right” OK, so I don’t charge for all these extras? How is this a policy? And why would any business be OK with losing money?

Edit:- is there any official text on any of this? Or do you charge sometimes and not others?
Does making “the moment right” means not charging some people when they protest?

Last edited:
This may have been asked and answered, but, I need more clarification because of a couple of incidents over the past week.
Scenario A: guest orders GTF with WC and wants mocha drizzle:- do you (add drizzle) in modifiers?
Scenario B: guest orders trenta MDR with no ice no water:- do you (add juice) in modifiers?
Scenario C: guest orders ice coffee with Peppermint+ Mocha flavors:- do you (add syrup) in modifiers?
My answer to all above has been YES.

My DM says “make the moment right” OK, so I don’t charge for all these extras? How is this a policy? And why would any business be OK with losing money?

Edit:- is there any official text on any of this? Or do you charge sometimes and not others?
Does making “the moment right” means not charging some people when they protest?
A- we add drizzle in modifiers
B-we don’t add juice in modifier
C- we add sauce in modifier for the mocha
Anything that is NOT in original recipe we charge modifier....if it’s in the recipe already but only changing flavors then we don’t for example if someone ordered a vanilla latte and wanted to add toffee since it’s a syrup then we don’t charge but if they want a sauce(mocha,pumpkin spice, white mocha, caramel brûlée)then you do charge

In the beverage resource manual it has a few pages to clarify exactly what we should be charging for..

Last edited:
A- we add drizzle in modifiers
B-we don’t add juice in modifier
C- we add sauce in modifier for the mocha
Anything that is NOT in original recipe we charge modifier....if it’s in the recipe already but only changing flavors then we don’t for example if someone ordered a vanilla latte and wanted to add toffee since it’s a syrup then we don’t charge but if they want a sauce(mocha,pumpkin spice, white mocha, caramel brûlée)then you do charge
Some “guests” are so petty over 60 cents, I always get the “wELl ThE oThEr SbUx DoEsNt ChArGE mE fOr ThIs”. Its embarrassing, to argue over 60 cents when there is a line out the door

Glamoure is correct.

Usually I’ll try to find a middle ground between making it right and standing my ground - tell them we can do it this time, but next time they’re going to be charged correctly. This allows them to get their way this time and decide if it’s worth an argument next time, or if they just want to suck it up or even go to another store that doesn’t charge right.

One guest asks me angrily “why are you the only one that charges me for add flavor when I order my vanilla chai with white mocha”?
I said, oh who hasn’t been charging you for the white mocha?
He says everyone except you.
I said I’ll be sure to tell my baristas to ALWAYS charge for added flavors.
He goes no no no, why dont YOU be like everyone else and not charge me.
I pointed to the menu where it mentions 60 cents for additional flavors.
He doesn’t know I am the TL, but I told all my baristas how the guest threw them all under the bus , cause they dot follow policy.

One guest asks me angrily “why are you the only one that charges me for add flavor when I order my vanilla chai with white mocha”?
I said, oh who hasn’t been charging you for the white mocha?
He says everyone except you.
I said I’ll be sure to tell my baristas to ALWAYS charge for added flavors.
He goes no no no, why dont YOU be like everyone else and not charge me.
I pointed to the menu where it mentions 60 cents for additional flavors.
He doesn’t know I am the TL, but I told all my baristas how the guest threw them all under the bus , cause they dot follow policy.
I’ve had a guest like that too and I just stick to that I’m ringing him out correctly and I can’t speak for everyone else.. they would be even more mad with my store since we would charge for the chai and mocha sauce and vanilla syrup!

I’ve had a guest like that too and I just stick to that I’m ringing him out correctly and I can’t speak for everyone else.. they would be even more mad with my store since we would charge for the chai and mocha sauce and vanilla syrup!
Dude ,I crush that modifier button even If they just want the smell of an “added flavor”

a. yes
b. no
c. i would only charge for the mocha, not the peppermint. iced coffee actually comes with classic in the recipe, so they're already paying for the syrup; we're just changing the KIND of syrup. the mocha sauce is not part of the recipe, so i'd charge for it.

Pmt said I was suppose to receive a new coffee brewer for my remodel. I would cry tears if I did since only one side brews and the other does less than half a batch and if you switch to half batch you get a tall cup worth.

Been without white mocha for a week and grande cups. It felt like years without those two. Can’t wait to cry tears of joy when it comes in my load tomorrow

Been without white mocha for a week and grande cups. It felt like years without those two. Can’t wait to cry tears of joy when it comes in my load tomorrow
I was low on Venti ice cups, made like 5 calls all around, got some from local corporate store, and then scored a whole box from a slightly far Tarbucks. Staying afloat!

P.S. Have you guys received you Winter kits yet? I’ve gotten *some* menu panels , but no kit yet, maybe friday?

Back