Starbucks Team Leaders

I hate scammers so much. Had two groups when I was alone and I wanted to cry my hands were shaking so much. First was two girls trying to do the gift card scam but I got them to go away and not do it. 2nd was two guys who had like 40 $9 gift cards and for California we legally have to cash them out. Was so mad I had to do that AND gstl told them to go to me and didn’t help when I was on fire

I'd make it as much of a process as possible.
Crimp them so they won't scan, easy to do when you're holding it and fold it just a little too hard, then have to punch in each number one by one by one.
The one thing those kinds of scammer hate is to have to stand out in the open for too long.
If you do each card that way, by about the fifth card they will get uncomfortable, by the seventh they will leave.
They might try to get another cashier but you can explain the GSTL wanted them to go to you.
Sometimes slowing things down to a crawl and following the rules to the letter helps you calm down and makes them go away.

If you're having problems on the new one go to target.workbench.com or was it workbench.target.com lol

No trouble here. The food team was struggling to get to it so I created a bookmark on the favorites bar on chrome because they print it daily. But yeah you can also just go to the old site (workbench.target.com) if you want. I also created a bookmark for email because I honestly don't know where it is on the new site, other than going to a link that sends you to the old email, which redirects you to the new one that we've had for months...

Under general merchandise tab on top click food and it should be a report you can click. Make sure you use google chrome though

Maybe they’re in between for the new order guide???? They have “supper target” order guide but if I click that it says permission denied lmao. So far with being told by end of February we won’t have the new order guide

Hey y’all. Any California sbtl out here? When it comes to scammers redeeming a ton of $9 gift cards. Do you guys limit how many you do? Been getting so many scammers lately and I’ve been so stressed out from them. I’ve been sending texts to all the other corporate and licensed stores to warn them

Today I was terminated over something that was my own fault and warned for here. I wanted to say thanks to everyone here for answering all my questions over the last few years. 11 years with Target down the drain.

Sorry to hear that.
Hope that everything goes well for you.
There are better places than Target.
This may have been the shove you needed to get something better.

Things I've alluded to or mentioned in my random post here. Not enough or coverage. So I would clock out for lunch or for the day and continue to help my team through rushes. So to sum it up, working off the clock. Like I said, my own foolish fault

But I have seen that turnover at Starbucks is far worse than other areas of the store...because the team is usually smaller and personalities don't always jive.

If you are a straight SBuxTl with no cafe or P Fresh, then I'd be able to deal with the turn over. Add in Cafe, P Fresh or both then I think GSTL is easier.

But I have seen that turnover at Starbucks is far worse than other areas of the store...because the team is usually smaller and personalities don't always jive.
I had that issue going into my Starbucks. Just build a team and show them you care (not as far as I went) about them and not treat them like another faceless number. You may have issues here and there. But if you do your team right, they will stay for a long time.

Just got a pallet today on just boxes of Starbucks Reserve. Anyone know if this us for a future promotion or what? I dont see anything on workbench.

EDIT: Seems like they're not on file when I scan them with the zebra.

Last edited:
could be a mispick. We should not be receiving reserve coffees. Last time I received items we didn’t sell I just gave them a DPCI under the Starbucks department that was similar to all the other coffee bags.

Back