Starbucks Team Leaders

Yeah, my tomorrows delivery shouldn't have been affected. iStore still says its suppose to be delivered tomorrow. But no movement on it.

What is istore?
iStore (I think thats what its called), is a website corporate store use to do the ordering and I wished we could use it in that way too. All we can do is use it to track our order and see what we order in case we missed something. You can also Promo pushes sometimes a month in advance.

Last edited:
I came into work the other day and the half and half time was counting UP. It had been like 5 hours since it was switched out. Do the timers ever get that bad at your stores???

Nope.
But we open at 7, set them out at 8, the opener always goes to lunch at 1130, and grabs them on their way back.
Its a good routine to have.

I'm gonna apologize in advance because this is incredibly long and all over the place....I've been a TL for 2 years..Sbux trained for 4. I am a certified AST, Coffee Master, signed off for barista championships (unfortunately Target didnt participate), won Store Team of the Quarter last quarter. 11% capture rate, been comping up sales since I've been here. Thats just so noone thinks I'm inexperienced or don't know what I'm doing. I leave my store in a month to open a brand new Flex store closer to home. This is the first flex store in my area so it is big for our district! My STL and ETL HR have known about this since around May when I went for interviews and I told them way back we needed to hire to back fill for back to school. We were already down a tm at this time but "payroll" was a problem. My sbux dm even said hiring should be top priority. My ETL HR wouldn't let me take any applicants back then and said we would come sept/aug qhen we did the whole store. I voiced my concerns and let him know Starbucks was incredibly difficult to hire for in our location and we will end up way understaffed (we were already down one) and I was told I" was overreacting". Fast forward to August..we are in Q4 here. I am down to 3 team members and 215 hours I can't fill. We are way uncompliant with Starbucks. First they tell me no OT is approved and our Target DM said to close early or cut where we can. I tell my HR team that is a compliance issue with SBUX...nothing happens. My team is stressed to the point my AST is found sobbing behind SBUX, and another seasonal tm who was with us 10yrs prior and was signed off for TL..clocks out her 3rd to last shift and tells me "It's nothing on you and I hope it doesnt ruin our relationship, but I cannot come back". I am stressed tf out and end up tearing up in my ET HRLs office..the same one who calls me TL Sensitive, that has shut the door in my face and has told me to jump off a cliff. He tells me he doesn't want HR anymore but needs the experience. I don't think there are any happy leadership in this store. I have lost my weekends off and my vacation time and I have gotten no support from my leadership team. I've been working 50 hour weeks and havent even gotten a hey thanks for doing this or anything. Our DM recommended we change our DOB sign to "We're Hiring!" Totally unbrand...but you gotta do what you gotta do &that is how bad it is. I personally made Target Starbucks Flyers to hand out, called up old team members to see if they needed some hours between there "real life" jobs and even chalked up extra signage by the doors that we are hiring, I reached out to the 3 closest stores in the district. I've written all the schedules even though it's not in my job description (Hell I dont even have access!) The one week I was doing all mass hires and wasnt in store. my hr tl tried to edit what mytime populated to add me on other mass hires and my STL got annoyed with her for touching the schedule....so I had to rewrite the schedule a week after it already posted. Again, my leadership and HR team have done NOTHING (my ETL sent one email to the district after I already reached out to half the stores). I have been caught between 2 stores now between mass hires and dealing with understaffing. I leave in a month and this still hasn't been announced to the store, the backfill they chose to fill tl is both a conflict of interest with current tms, and cannot handle guests/gets overwhelmed easily. They are well aware of some of these issues I can't get into but chose her anyways..and I'm asked to train her for a week. I told them get me tms, and I have no problem training. But I cannot set someone up for failure like that. I've been told 4x now OT is approved, OT isnt approved, OT is approved...I'm surprised none of my tms have called the hotline. I just don't know what to do at this point but let my SBUX DM know during our PPV visit. It's just hard when the ETL that's supposed to be supporting you is sitting next to you..claiming everything's fine. Any advice/opinions I'll consider anything. Everyone is telling me it's not my problem anymore and to only worry about the new store but I'm stuck here for a month! And It's not like I can walk out. I'm about to just schedule myself time off for a vacation lol

Who should I contact if i didn’t receive my order? LSR?
Same thing happened to my store and every store in my district. When I called LSR, they told me 2 things. Target had an IT issue, so orders coming from Target did not Transmit on time. At the same time Starbucks switched shipping companies (not sure who ships for you guys but mine was SAIA. Now its a different company). So a lot of confusion. but they are working to ship things out. So expect a 2 day delay from your normal arrival date? I lucked out and mine arrived yesterday because I noticed my order did not ship out at the usual time and contacted LSR this weekend. I keep my eyes on iStore each in case of these situations :S
Yikes, sounds all to familiar to me. All you can do is do your best. Probably talk to your DM and see if they can help you in anyway. Like have them talk to your STL, HR ETL or go beyond them and talk to the Target DM. About how serious the situation is.

If you're not getting any support from Target leadership, maybe it's time to reach out to Starbucks. A threat to the franchise license should certainly open Target's eyes....

@Krissfak Everyone here knows that you do a great job. You taking personal responsibility for everything that's happening at your store, is part of why your store has had such success. I would never suggest that you just abandon your current store and team, because I know that isn't how you operate. Unfortunately your leadership team has chosen to ignore the issues facing your Starbucks, and your successor and team will pay the price.

I think you should do everything you can to help your successor, even if she wasn't the best choice. Make lists and instructions for her, and remain a resource after you are at your new store. I would also be frank with your DM about the situation. Perhaps he can speak with leadership at your store and get through to them. When training the new TL, try to grab anyone looking for hours and train them too.

Don't let the poor management at your current store sour your experience opening your own brand new store. Your new team deserves your attention and passion as much as your old one did.

Hey guys ,when should we be expecting the fall kit to arrive?
I usually get mine the Thursday/Friday before things are suppose to launch. The Siren's Eye for the Fall Set (9/6) is already on Workbench if you want to take a look at it.

I usually get mine the Thursday/Friday before things are suppose to launch. The Siren's Eye for the Fall Set (9/6) is already on Workbench if you want to take a look at it.
I did look at the sirens eye. My delivery hasn’t arrived yet for this week. Even when LsR said it was arriving. Not sure if this delivery problem will persist and might hinder me getting the kit on time...

Yikes, sounds all to familiar to me. All you can do is do your best. Probably talk to your DM and see if they can help you in anyway. Like have them talk to your STL, HR ETL or go beyond them and talk to the Target DM. About how serious the situation is.

Had a PPV visit with my SBUX DM that day. Let him know my only plan was hiring and the basic fall drink training as team morale was at an all time low. He recapped our visit and cc'd our Target DM in on the email. At the end of the visit he basically sent me back to the counter and then spoke with my ETL. Something must have happened behind the scenes because now my STL has been calling every applicant possible and giving them her personal cell # to call back. 2 interviews tmmrw!! Hmmm! Like magic! There's another retail store down the road that's closing so my STL also stopped in to speak with the manager and let them know our whole store is hiring. There's a shopping outlet very close by so I'm planning on stopping by with a tm to hand out flyers this weekend as well. I think we'll be okay :)

Back