Starbucks Team Leaders

Constant You cards and verbal hoorahs are easy.
I've taken the time in the past to write tms little cards home and even get some of the other leaders to sign them. Not everyone has the best home life so when they get home and see a card from work we are able to brighten their day just a little more. In my new store I started "Green Bean of the Quarter" I went on this app called Canva and made a cute certificate for one of my tms and was able to order her a sbux zip up fleece online (starbuckscoffeegear website..just enter ur sbux store #). Although I picked the first tm, the Sbux team as a whole will pick our next Green Bean of The Quarter for this quarter. I crosstrained my entire team for cashier and will be training half for pfresh half for self checkout to keep them involved and helps make them feel like part of the store. I also keep them motivated throughout holidays by buying candy/lil knickknacks from the dollar store, or making food or handing out beauty samples to keep them going. A happy team = higher sales, less turnover, & a great environment.

If ecolab cancels or reschedules the visit ONE MORE TIME I am going to lose it. Store director (yes i'm cringing at that) keeps telling me she can't afford me and I really would have liked to sleep in on my day off 🤪

On a side note..do any of you run market and can tell me what an actual leader does in food? My food tl is struggling and as much as I love her as a person..she isn't holding her team accountable for things and I'm trying to fix the issues in food & realized I would like to grow into that role.

During my review I was asked how much time I need and told to be ready in 6 months 😳 I think theres a chance someone is going to be fired. I am basically training myself since the food tl is lost in Narnia and that team is slow as snails and dropping like flies so I'll take as much feedback as possible. P.s. I'm in a flex store.

If ecolab cancels or reschedules the visit ONE MORE TIME I am going to lose it. Store director (yes i'm cringing at that) keeps telling me she can't afford me and I really would have liked to sleep in on my day off 🤪

On a side note..do any of you run market and can tell me what an actual leader does in food? My food tl is struggling and as much as I love her as a person..she isn't holding her team accountable for things and I'm trying to fix the issues in food & realized I would like to grow into that role.

During my review I was asked how much time I need and told to be ready in 6 months 😳 I think theres a chance someone is going to be fired. I am basically training myself since the food tl is lost in Narnia and that team is slow as snails and dropping like flies so I'll take as much feedback as possible. P.s. I'm in a flex store.

Food TL in a P-Fresh I take it? Basically it's a SFTL position with the added task of ensuring orders are accurate for perishable items (which you probably can do considering you're in SBUX) and meeting/holding vendors accountable since a lot of our product is vendor owned. Other than that... it's nothing you don't already do in Starbucks.

Food TL in a P-Fresh I take it? Basically it's a SFTL position with the added task of ensuring orders are accurate for perishable items (which you probably can do considering you're in SBUX) and meeting/holding vendors accountable since a lot of our product is vendor owned. Other than that... it's nothing you don't already do in Starbucks.
I'm already shooting the order for food few times a week 🤷‍♀️ can someone explain adjacencies to me ?

I saw saw an email from my DSD with a list of maybe 50 things for each store. One of them was to make sure Starbucks keeps the signage for cloud macchiatos and the matcha drinks until 4/29. I don't think she has any idea what she's saying. She probably saw the promotion changing in a few weeks and meant that it should change for 4/30, not that we absolutely have to keep advertising this seasonal drink that we might be out of. I got a case from another store last week but it'll be gone in a couple days.

The Starbucks Facebook page or Twitter or something made it sound like the caramel one was permanent but the cinnamon one was seasonal. I think they said "new caramel cloud macchiato and limited time cinnamon lemon cloud macchiato". But if it was permanent, they wouldn't have taken the time to send us all new signs for when we run out. They'd just tell us to keep ordering and put up those "Sorry we're out" signs until we get it back in.

I have less than half a bag, so I'll be out tomorrow morning. I have one guest who will be so disappointed. Apparently she doesn't really like iced CMs. She's so nice and she has been buying a venti and a grande per day so I told her we can try making it without the cloud powder, maybe do the regular amount of vanilla and see how it turns out. I'm not convinced that the cloud powder is all that important lol.

Welp. Received two pallets of summer stuff. Sad to see we barely got pride cups and merch :/. All we got were some rainbow ish venti cold cups and straws

Well, I'm a Tarbux Team Member again (and still working at a Company Operated Store). Going to be weird not being able to take charge, something to get use to. 🙃
I stepped down for a year. It was rough at times. I'd see team members slacking off and there wasn't much I could do. I saw them doing things wrong, but it turned out the TL taught them that way. If the TL wants to date whipped creams, sweet cream, and mochas for 36 hours, then you mention why it's an issue and offer a solution and then you let it go because it might not be worth the fight unless it's actually a safety issue.

But for the most part, it was nice not to have the stress of being in charge, and I worked my ass off and got promoted in just under a year.

Back