Starbucks Team Leaders

Yeah you really only need 2 blenders if your store is huge and you can have 2 baristas working on fraps at the same time. It takes longer to prep our simpler fraps than it does to blend them. I worked at a store with a second blender for a year and didn’t even use it during happy hour in the summer. You’d need 6 or 7 people working at once to really eed a second blender.
And 2 CBSs, I’d kill to have 2 CBSs during summer!

Doubled our order on MDF, SAR & coconut milk & we STILL ran out of MDF.
Majority of stores (including company stores) are out as well.
Most common convo:
Guest: Can I get a grande Dragon Drink?
Me: Sorry, we're out of the mango dragon fruit drink mix.
Guest: Oh, ok. Can I just get the Mango Dragon fruit refresher then? :rolleyes:

Doubled our order on MDF, SAR & coconut milk & we STILL ran out of MDF.
Majority of stores (including company stores) are out as well.
Most common convo:
Guest: Can I get a grande Dragon Drink?
Me: Sorry, we're out of the mango dragon fruit drink mix.
Guest: Oh, ok. Can I just get the Mango Dragon fruit refresher then? :rolleyes:
What was double your usual order??

I’m currently over two stores right now... which is fun. Both my store and my second store are blowing through MDR/SAR like water, and my store blowing through frap base... good times.

Also at my store - my Pizza Hut oven decided it was done and caught fire at the outlet. Dealing with that now.

3 cases of MDF normally, ordered 6 cases of coconut milk & we have some left only because we ran out of MDF.

For those who have pizza hut, anyone else get an update to the pos that added slices of pizza and 16in pizza? I also got a sap order with some large pizza boxes. Wondering if we are getting rid of our pizza hut portion of cafe and replacing with archer farm large pizzas and slices?

For those who have pizza hut, anyone else get an update to the pos that added slices of pizza and 16in pizza? I also got a sap order with some large pizza boxes. Wondering if we are getting rid of our pizza hut portion of cafe and replacing with archer farm large pizzas and slices?
Doubtful. Though I’ve seen crazier things.

Depends on how profitable you are I would guess, and if your license is up for renewal. I know my SBUX was put on the list to keep an eye on (and possibly close) due to years of profitability and compliance issues. Now we are likely off that list given the fact we are making $$$ again.

What kinds of things do you guys put on your weekly business walks? I seem to have a hard time filling them out.. I started first putting daily cleaning tasks but then i figured it’s a waste of time since the team knows what to be cleaning when they’re filling out the station assessment daily, so I switched to putting down barista positions/ deployment on the daily boxes, but it seems like it’s not enough..I just don’t know if I’m doing it correctly. Any ideas on how to fill it accurately?

What kinds of things do you guys put on your weekly business walks? I seem to have a hard time filling them out.. I started first putting daily cleaning tasks but then i figured it’s a waste of time since the team knows what to be cleaning when they’re filling out the station assessment daily, so I switched to putting down barista positions/ deployment on the daily boxes, but it seems like it’s not enough..I just don’t know if I’m doing it correctly. Any ideas on how to fill it accurately?
Wondering the same thing.

...what business walk sheet do you speak of?

I usually am spending 30-45 minutes filling out my sheets for my work center’s clipboard, and my weekly TWT/TL meeting that our store has created that has a lot of store metrics and department based metrics/sales... (yay me for now owning Market until further notice)

I'm assuming this is all about the clipboard cover sheet, and I'm just as lost. I honestly don't even remember where to find the B markdowns by department to fill out some of the top boxes. It might be good to get the team more knowledgeable about weekly sales, but not really MTD/YTD. Top/bottom sales items - uh, ok so the team is already going to know the top items because that's literally what they spend time making, and I could list a dozen things for bottom sales, so that's useless. They probably know what holidays are coming up, but local events might be notable. Cartwheel deals and other sales are good to know.

Most of the lines below with the little boxes to check off are just a joke. If you have to verify most of these things, then you're probably failing and you have bigger issues and you don't need to be spending time filling out this sheet. The boxes for the days for "priorities and communication" are too small to write anything significant, especially with my handwriting; maybe they could be useful if you just have to tell a barista to learn an upcoming drink or mention when a sale starts.

The back of the sheet is all redundant information, a box to write some information in, and typos. Basically I can cover all of this with just a notebook that I've kept at the register since the store opened. It seems to be working well.

I'm assuming this is all about the clipboard cover sheet, and I'm just as lost. I honestly don't even remember where to find the B markdowns by department to fill out some of the top boxes. It might be good to get the team more knowledgeable about weekly sales, but not really MTD/YTD. Top/bottom sales items - uh, ok so the team is already going to know the top items because that's literally what they spend time making, and I could list a dozen things for bottom sales, so that's useless. They probably know what holidays are coming up, but local events might be notable. Cartwheel deals and other sales are good to know.

Most of the lines below with the little boxes to check off are just a joke. If you have to verify most of these things, then you're probably failing and you have bigger issues and you don't need to be spending time filling out this sheet. The boxes for the days for "priorities and communication" are too small to write anything significant, especially with my handwriting; maybe they could be useful if you just have to tell a barista to learn an upcoming drink or mention when a sale starts.

The back of the sheet is all redundant information, a box to write some information in, and typos. Basically I can cover all of this with just a notebook that I've kept at the register since the store opened. It seems to be working well.
Yes those were my thoughts also..but I have to have it filled out so was trying to see if anyone else found it useful or had any good ideas on what to included on it..

B markdowns should be in food service item level report or something like that in greenfield under food. It should have all your items you sell and what not. What I do is honestly put the sales/ if there any sales or cartwheel deals on the top for my team. The weekly thing I put things that I want done such as fill the rtd case. Monday is coldbrew making day. Tuesday order day. Wednesday mop under fridges. Thursday sample after school and etc.

My team fills the rtd daily so I'm surprised you use that as weekly. I use it mostly for deep cleaning. (Pull out front bar fridges, back bar, clean pastry case/oven filters, organize backroom, clean backroom freezer/fridges, cup holder, lobby displays, thorough date check, sweep under cabinets, etc)

Our rtd case surprisingly isn’t a huge seller. The only thing we sell well is the chocolate milk. I’ve tried putting the sparkling waters and normal waters in baskets instead and has sold better. So now I use baskets for drinks and snacks and put my coffee bags other places

Our rtd case surprisingly isn’t a huge seller. The only thing we sell well is the chocolate milk. I’ve tried putting the sparkling waters and normal waters in baskets instead and has sold better. So now I use baskets for drinks and snacks and put my coffee bags other places

i should try this. our RTD doesn't sell AT ALL. just need to find a basket to spare....

i should try this. our RTD doesn't sell AT ALL. just need to find a basket to spare....
You can order it. DPCI is on the master order guide. Thing is you don’t order it via scanning, you have to email the emergency team and request it. They’ll get back to you in a few days saying they’ve ordered it.

Surprisingly, every time I’ve done an email to them they get back to me and haven’t given me any issues.

Has anyone else’s hours been steadily dropping for June? We are at a bare minimum for coverage all days including weekends and happy hours. And we were struggling at peak times as it is. Hours have been dropping ever since our close time was changed.

Has anyone else’s hours been steadily dropping for June? We are at a bare minimum for coverage all days including weekends and happy hours. And we were struggling at peak times as it is. Hours have been dropping ever since our close time was changed.
myTime is significantly jacked up at the moment I was told to expect that to be the case until June 16th.

Unique hour report in old myPerformance shows I should be getting 10 additional hours over what I got in May (160 vs 150.) And based on conversations I have had with my Food/Bev Director and the increase in my sales goal (which used to be 10-15% over LY is now 35% over LY) I suspect that we will be getting more, even though myTime showed a laughable 140 hours. My HR gave me 150-155.

Hi team , from what I understand the new infusions need to kept refrigerated once in the pitchers. Do you guy have to Shuffle things around in you under counter fridges to accommodate this? If so , do you feel that you have adequate room?

myTime is significantly jacked up at the moment I was told to expect that to be the case until June 16th.

Unique hour report in old myPerformance shows I should be getting 10 additional hours over what I got in May (160 vs 150.) And based on conversations I have had with my Food/Bev Director and the increase in my sales goal (which used to be 10-15% over LY is now 35% over LY) I suspect that we will be getting more, even though myTime showed a laughable 140 hours. My HR gave me 150-155.
I have dropped from 155 to 130 hours. And sales have been consistently up over 20%. It’s awful.

Last edited:
I have dropped from 155 to 130 hours. And sales have been consistently up over 20%. It’s awful.

Something is off for sure.
Hi team , from what I understand the new infusions need to kept refrigerated once in the pitchers. Do you guy have to Shuffle things around in you under counter fridges to accommodate this? If so , do you feel that you have adequate room?

It’s like Chai. 5 days refrigerated, 24 hours ambient.

I have room in my cooler (double door back and front bar), but if I didn’t I would do .5L ambient just to see how it did and put the rest in my BOH cooler.

Back