Starbucks Team Leaders

I just got the cloud powder back in stock this week after being out for a couple weeks. Triple mocha and ultra caramel have been replaced by mocha cookie crumble and caramel ribbon crunch (I assume permanently, not seasonally).
Do you the dpci for the cloud powder?

Has Target issued any message about not accepting customer cups/tumblers/mugs/bottles due to Coronavirus concerns? Company Operated Starbucks issued an order to but still give people $0.10 discount and give them the standard paper cups.

Ok I liked the Irish cream cold foam cold brew and the pumpkin spice wasn't half bad. But this new one? Eww. Where is the flavor? Honey is tricky but I don't even taste a hint of it, only salt.

Ok I liked the Irish cream cold foam cold brew and the pumpkin spice wasn't half bad. But this new one? Eww. Where is the flavor? Honey is tricky but I don't even taste a hint of it, only salt.
Then they probably forgot to put the honey in. It's a pretty strong flavor and I don't think it goes well with the rest of the drink.

I've purchased it 2x from 2 different stores (not Target ones) and both times it was salty and bland. Definite miss.

Has Target issued any message about not accepting customer cups/tumblers/mugs/bottles due to Coronavirus concerns? Company Operated Starbucks issued an order to but still give people $0.10 discount and give them the standard paper cups.
We received communication from target dm to Follow Starbucks standards...they also said to wash our hands every 30 mins no matter if we already constantly wash our hands

Hi friends, I’m going to be doing barista basics training and Starbucks leader training... my store only wants to give me 3 days total of training for both of those things. How can I explain to them that this is unacceptable and I’m not cool with it lol

Hi friends, I’m going to be doing barista basics training and Starbucks leader training... my store only wants to give me 3 days total of training for both of those things. How can I explain to them that this is unacceptable and I’m not cool with it lol
You tell them “this is unacceptable, and I am not cool with it”
Do not compromise on your training, worst come to worse they’ll say “ if you thought your training was inadequate, why didn’t you say something”

Barista Basics alone is at least 20 hours, and that's just to get the basics down. I'm training a Starbucks TL right now. She has had 10 days with me and is taking a little bit longer to learn drinks, but I wouldn't trust her to cover a break yet. She has spent so much time on the computer doing hours and hours and hours of training and still has a lot left. It'll be another week or so until she is moderately comfortable just being a barista. And then of course we all know that getting the basic stuff down is just the beginning. It'll take months to actually get good at it. And on top of all of that, she is expected to lead a team that never got trained well.

To give them an actual answer, I think you can look up the hours it takes to complete various trainings on workbench. There is a chart somewhere that says what course each person has to take - all baristas have to take Barista Basics, barista trainers have to take Barista Training, and then it also shows what the Master Barista needs to take, and the TL, and the ETL and SD.

Add up the hours you need to get all of your training done and show them how far off the mark this is. And like I said, this is just to get the bare minimum training, not to actually be competent.

It's 21.5 hours of Barista Basics, 4 hours for Barista Trainer, and 40 hours of Daily Ops (21.5 hr)/Management (18.5) training MINIMUM--and that doesn't even cover the Workday-related learning you have to do. Also, this assumes that there is someone scheduled as non-coverage to train you, and your Daily Ops/Management training is supposed to be overseen by another Daily Ops/Management certified person. There is no way to feasibly get this 65+ hours of training done in 3 days, especially with any hope of retention. Add that to the fact the Starbucks DM has to be the one to certify you for the Daily Ops/Management, and it's a big deal.

Personally, I always say that proper training is the most important thing you can do for your kiosk. The less you know, the more you're going to be blindsided and the less effective you'll be at leading that area. And in turn, your baristas being properly trained is of the same importance. Never skimp on training, as that just creates huge issues later--and tends to lead to more turnover.

Also, on another note, for those people that want to post a sign about discontinuing the use of personal cups, I attached the official one from StoreLink here.

Attachments

• COVID-19 Reusables Counter Card - LS.pdf
    33.2 KB · Views: 17
Thank you guys so much for the responses! The store that I’m currently at has a food service team leader (I’m going to be in charge of both Starbucks and all of consumables at my new store), and despite that has horrible gaps in training and has a really high rate of turnover. Only one of the people that’s actually consistently scheduled over there has barista certification, the rest do not. And, because of the store not wanting to put the hours in for training, there is no one in the store outside of the Starbucks workcenter that has barista certification and/or can cover breaks over there. It is consistently closed for hours at a time due to callouts, no one over there has a clue what they’re doing (including the TL), lots of supplies consistently missing, etc.

In short, it is a gigantic mess and a headache and I want to avoid this as much as possible. I think that Starbucks can be one of the best workcenters in the building if it’s done correctly. Sending me to a new store to lead without giving me the proper training is setting me up for failure.

Thank you guys so much for the responses! The store that I’m currently at has a food service team leader (I’m going to be in charge of both Starbucks and all of consumables at my new store), and despite that has horrible gaps in training and has a really high rate of turnover. Only one of the people that’s actually consistently scheduled over there has barista certification, the rest do not. And, because of the store not wanting to put the hours in for training, there is no one in the store outside of the Starbucks workcenter that has barista certification and/or can cover breaks over there. It is consistently closed for hours at a time due to callouts, no one over there has a clue what they’re doing (including the TL), lots of supplies consistently missing, etc.

In short, it is a gigantic mess and a headache and I want to avoid this as much as possible. I think that Starbucks can be one of the best workcenters in the building if it’s done correctly. Sending me to a new store to lead without giving me the proper training is setting me up for failure.
This guide can help you, too. Slightly dated. It's lots of good info. Searching under Starbucks as a title, can help you too.
Some of the posters are no longer with spot like Alloverthefloor who I quoted in that thread. They gave me, all the cup codes & other stuff.

Hey guys, I was hoping to get some insight on my current situation.
Since the beginning of the year, our team has diminished. I left in Jan. for an educational leave and we had a full team (About 8 people) Well since then, 1 got fired, 2 quit, 1 calls off a lot and is possible not coming back, on top of the TL resigned due to being blamed for everything (wasn't his fault but looong story) the day that he put in the 2 weeks, they call me and ask if there was any way I can come back sooner because they wanted me for the TL position.
I'm coming back to just maybe 3 people including me. (Another person wants to quit/possibly quitting soon) Team members from other stores don't want to come support because our store is very busy.
I know how to do some things, not everything though since I wasn't the team lead. Is it even possible to run the Starbucks with only 3 people? I really feel like there isn't. I start on the 22nd again, hopefully, talk to my ETLs about what their game plan is because essentially they don't really care about Starbucks unless the DM is there.
I know to stand my ground, and I know what is needed to run my bar given that I was my TL right-hand man and held it together, but without the resources he has, I'm not sure anymore. I don't want to give up but I also don't want to be run out like my TL basically was.

Do you guys make your own schedule? Our HR has been but they have been screwing us over and I asked my TL and he said he would try to see if he has influence over it but nothing changed. I would like to be in control of our schedule to an extent because they don't understand when we need more coverage and such.
How many hours are we supposed to be getting? I really feel like the store is taking hours from us to give to the store even though we need the hours.
There are so many questions I have that I'm afraid of my ETLs not anwering properly because they don't even know, or not answering properly because they want to keep me doing what they want rather than giving us what we need.

Back