Starbucks Team Leaders

My FBD sent an email Friday. I think there were 4 different possible expiration dates that needed to be tossed. I had 5 cases and only had to throw out 2 cases because the others weren't listed.

Anyone know the order number for the four row date stickers that go on our syrups? We’ve been looking for weeks but no dice so far.

We had a conference call with our FB director last week and C&S is about three weeks behind on everything. Said it wouldn't be until late August until things "normalized".

Starbucks has been having issues with the producers and has been switching back and forth for this whole year so far and no one knows when production will actually pick up to supply all the stores.

Hey, is anyone else experiencing issues with C&S and sandwiches? I'm going on three weeks with NO product from them.

AST is an old term, but that doesn’t really matter. To be a barista trainer, you just have to go through a few minutes of training, tbh.

I’m guessing your TL is talking about master barista, or at least part of it. It takes a ton of time. You could try to do some of it during your normal shifts, but that could take months depending on how busy your store is. So the best way to get through all the books is to set aside some extra payroll so you can really work on it - this is what would need approval from the leadership team at your store.

Yeah, the 40 hour thing is master barista. For the most part, it's just 2 things - Daily operations (~130 page journal to fill out) and Starbucks Management, which is 8 smaller books. Trying to do these when it's slow is possible, but like I said, it'll take a while. And for a lot of Starbucks Management, you need to ask your leader a lot of questions.

You can be a barista trainer without any of that, though.

You or your TL should order it. It's probably on workbench, though, and you can get to workbench in myDay on a myDevice. Or you can print it directly from workbench. I'd definitely recommend having a physical copy.

Don't work on it during lunches or breaks. Just do it when there isn't much to do in Starbucks.

I know it's up to your TL, but I would hold off (if possible) anyways. They're launching an updated training for it in September according to the Fall PPG, and it seems like it would be more efficient.

@Xanatos Okay, update... it is in our weekly agenda that I get trained for "barista trainer" and I asked my TL and he said I could start on AST training soon enough -- and that the training is some big book(s) that says LICENSE STORE LEADERSHIP or something... is this the master barista thing? or something else?

LS Lead training is the updated version of AST. AST hasnt existed for a few years I actually still have my book somewhere... Master barista is just a fancy name to make you feel better that you didn't get a pay raise for doing extra training and being certified to run the store. Long story short... Starbucks requires someone LS lead & sbux management trained to be in the store during operating hours. This is Targets way around that without paying anyone extra. Do the training, take it seriously and don't half ass it. There is alot of great information in those books and it gets you one step closer to one day running your own store. Looks great on a resume too.

Okay does anyone know how one would go about being awarded the black coffee master apron? I know the coffee master program was discontinued for standalones? but it’s still order-able in Target
The apron is order able but should only be ordered or those who already completed the program. Look into coffee academy. They're finally rolling out a new level in fall.

Back