Archived Taking over Target Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElectronicsTM38

Electronics
So next week our electronics department is taking over Target Mobiles duties. We are also end to end. Was told we would not recieve double coverage either.

A single person to cover electronics, toys, pets, sporting goods, seasonal, infant hardlines, and target mobile. What could go wrong?

Has anybody else made the switch yet? What are your guy's experience?

Yeah our store switched over awhile ago and sometimes theres more than one person in electronics and if not and they are stuck on activating a phone they just call for help and someone goes over there. Hasn't been too bad sometimes it's hard when compliance for lunch and stuff comes up but otherwise it's been ok. Cant imagine how black Friday is gonna go with that though

Being a District store, we aren't loosing Mobile, but I have heard about this. I used to do phone activations and Target know's that. The problem I have is the lack of commission. It's going to be rough, but I don't expect this change to last long. My Mobile team is awesome and even helps me zone on occasion. Loosing them would definitely cause me to move on.

Don't forget the "LOD I'm going to hit lunch compliance because I'm on the phone with the ROC". Happens at least once a week in our store now, we just don't count those against the team member since it's not really their fault.

Don't forget the "LOD I'm going to hit lunch compliance because I'm on the phone with the ROC".

I hear he is a good cook, should be worth the wait.

11.14.jpg

I work for Target Tech and this is also our last week. What a cluster it's going to be for the remaining electronics team members. They haven't been trained on anything and only like 1 person shows any interest in doing this. Good old Target. LOL. They will realize their mistake. Hope they have fun with the Senior Cellulars.

I work for Target Tech and this is also our last week. What a cluster it's going to be for the remaining electronics team members. They haven't been trained on anything and only like 1 person shows any interest in doing this. Good old Target. LOL. They will realize their mistake. Hope they have fun with the Senior Cellulars.
Only one of my old team is staying. One is going pog, one is going flow, and one was already leaving in a month. It's gonna be beyond a shit show.

We're lucky to have coverage 4 days a week. Market Source has more staffing issues than the store does.

I think one of our Target Mobile guys is goIng to apply for a recent TL position that opened up in store. I am thinking he would have to quit Mobile first?

I think one of our Target Mobile guys is goIng to apply for a recent TL position that opened up in store. I am thinking he would have to quit Mobile first?

No it would be like applying for a regular job, you just happen to work at the place you applied. Lol for that guy though because the clock is ticking

No it would be like applying for a regular job, you just happen to work at the place you applied. Lol for that guy though because the clock is ticking
Yeah he sees the writing on the wall. He’ll be an asset to Target though, hopefully the tired ass management sees that.

They can apply but apparently they can't be hired until they leave Marketsource

LOL, our entire electronics team except 1 TM is either transferring back to Hardlines or quitting. Not sure what they're gonna do given the glacial pace that our store hires at.

There’s technically a 6 month waiting period you’re supposed to do when going from target tech to target or the other way. It’s usually for target TMs trying to jump shit or getting poached by TT. It’s ultimately up to your stl or whoever doesn’t you hiring

So next week our electronics department is taking over Target Mobiles duties. We are also end to end. Was told we would not recieve double coverage either.

A single person to cover electronics, toys, pets, sporting goods, seasonal, infant hardlines, and target mobile. What could go wrong?

This.
1500x500

This is the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard. What’s the point of getting rid of Target Mobile, anyway? It’s going to be a sh*t show if there’s no double coverage. You think guests get mad when they have to wait in line now? Just wait.
Saving money and removing a person that the guests thought could have but in reality can't because he/she (etc) didn't work for Target. Ours was wonderful. he would help guests, sell, ring up. cover breaks and lunches, rather than stand there and do nothing when he wasn't selling phones or inventory.

However, we discussed that he also would activate the consumer cellular phones for all the elderly guests with now expect us to do it. Fun times.

Yeah our store switched over awhile ago and sometimes theres more than one person in electronics and if not and they are stuck on activating a phone they just call for help and someone goes over there. Hasn't been too bad sometimes it's hard when compliance for lunch and stuff comes up but otherwise it's been ok. Cant imagine how black Friday is gonna go with that though

I can.

The first one (on the left side) is last year with Target Mobile at least there helping. The second one is this year with just Electronics Experts handling Iphone etc activations while other 'experts' handle the rest of Black friday.

Last edited:
We make the full switch today. One electronics TM already quit because he doesnt want to sell phones with no commission, plus work truck freight, plus be expected to get it all done in 8hrs. Honestly the scheduling and payroll for the thing are ignorant. I'm sure we will see more TMs quit unfortunately.

Ive already told my ETLs that if my store does this horseshit im applying for GSTL or some TL. Theyre cool with it.

Hey, I'm a mobile rep here with some advice. Mobile is a tough, time consuming job. I'd get your mobile rep's contact info, or the rep closest to you, so you can ask questions, because it's certainly something that takes time to learn. I know I'd do that for my team, or any of my local teams. There's a lot of little nuances that make the job tough, and I know most reps want to help as much as possible.

Better make sure your team leaders know the process of activating phones. There are times when you will hit your fifth hour stuck activating a phone and you may need someone to take over for you or have the guest come back after your lunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back