2020 reviews

What does it mean if I got Improved Outcomes Needed? My TL is actually on leave so the TL that I had my “review” with didn’t even know what rating I got ... but I checked on Workday and looks like an ETL gave me the ION. But I still got a small raise, I thought if you need improvement they don’t give a raise. Does ION mean I’m on some sort of probation or anything?

It’s just me and my ETL at my store lol. My ETL did step up and lead 2 orientations over the last few weeks, which is more help than I’ve had over the last couple of years. Apparently I’m good enough at them that I’ve supported at other stores and lead theirs.. which is awesome.. especially when you lead the store your for a store you’ve never been too 🤨🤷‍♀️
If they ask me about orientations, I'm going to reply with, "You want landscape? Or portrait?"

Because, smart phone centric.

What does it mean if I got Improved Outcomes Needed? My TL is actually on leave so the TL that I had my “review” with didn’t even know what rating I got ... but I checked on Workday and looks like an ETL gave me the ION. But I still got a small raise, I thought if you need improvement they don’t give a raise. Does ION mean I’m on some sort of probation or anything?

it means you need to improve your outcomes relative to the job description. all eligible team members get raises. you are not on probation.

So I got a shitty review last year that was never given to me. I feel it wasn't given to me because of that very reason and it was probably hard for my TL to give. I also never signed on this review because I wanted it to get redone. I never said anything because I was giving my team lead and LOD a chance to step up and give me this shitty review. The review is still sitting in workday not signed. Sure I shouldn't have waited a whole year, and sure maybe it's too late for this review to be changed and for me to get a tiny bit more money from a better one if it was, but what do you guys think I should at this point? Talk to HR about it? To give a little more context my attendance was shit, I admit it, but if I'm not mistaken (I was a TL before) we get graded on multiple things like Guest Service, Task completion, Teamwork, with attendance being just one of those things I failed at. They gave me ION's for everything which isn't fair if it was just my attendance that deserved the ION. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe they changed it. I feel they were really upset with my me and my attendance they said "fuck this guy" and gave me ION's for everything. Any thoughts?

you cannot change a review score once calibrated, that review from last year is always going to be whatever it is. and they are not scored like "oh well they got a DIO for guest centric and a DIO for business ownership but an ION for teamwork, that's two DIOs and an ION so when you average it out it's a DIO"

they will base the final calibration on whatever they deem most important at the time. if your attendance sucked shit it doesn't matter if you absolutely slayed at the other stuff, you are going to get an ION

got my review today... very quick, but i know where i stand. my boss said, “do you want to actually do this for real orrrr” it got me off the floor for a minute at least though, so that was nice and i made my fav boss give it to me rather than wait until my next shift.

Probation, not at this time. The ION rating is a concern for you. When your TL returns from leave, be quite wary if you are brought in for coaching and enrolled in a "Performance Improvement Plan" (Spot probably has a different name for it). In Corporate America, a PIP is a process taking a few weeks for the specific purpose of performancing you out, no matter what HR says to you.

Unfortunately, no two human beings have the same perception of someone else's "performance". Don't overreact just yet - though my concern is that no TL who values your contributions as a TM would willingly give you an ION rating. It's a good time to dust off your resume as many other retailers will value your Target experience right now. Keep your self-esteem intact, be sure to cut your household spending now, get plenty of exercise and don't let them beat you down mentally with their hyper-documentation of every conceivable flaw in your work "performance". Here's one of the better, easy-to-understand articles on this topic which came out a few years ago: Reader's Digest - Secret Signs You're Getting Fired

Last edited:
Got mine. Had to listen to my TL blather on about GM metrics and expectations. Yeah, yeah, greet every guest. We really want to fucus on SFQs. Zone is a district priority. OK? Nothing about fulfillment. My TL cares about my actual workcenter soooo much. :rolleyes: Got a DEO so thanks for that, ETL, who actually does care and wrote the review.

Haven’t gotten mine yet and I’ve been checking workday everyday to see if it’s posted but it just shows my reviews from the previous two years.

Just a heads up there is a known issue where TMs aren’t falling under the correct TL. Maybe some stores are trying to get that figured out first? But almost everyone has had their review at my store within the last week, we only have a handful to complete and most are our LOA TMs.

I believe they are referring to tms reviewing the fools we work under. Which has been postponed (the stupid survey) and gets tossed while they laugh and light 100 dollar bills smoking their cubans (cigars or people whatever floats your morbid side.)

deo
Have to deliver reviews to all my team this week

Have heard absolutely nothing about reviews this year at my store. I think between the pandemic, and the fact that in a few months the minimum wage goes up, nobody really cares.
I've already delivered 14 reviews this week with more to go. They're supposed to be completed Friday and at least in my area the pay increase starts May 3rd.

Where exactly do you go to see reviews. Workday on the computers at tsc ? I have workday app on my phone. I’m assuming you don’t mean that. I’ve worked at Target for over two years and never had a review.

they are supposed to be given to you directly and then you acknowledge it in workday when it is released to you

Do you mean the workday you can only get in at the store. My woes at on here only shoes payslips. No information if any kind. I guess reviews aren’t mandatory since I’ve never had one. Ans none of my friends in my department have ever spoken about a review.

Back