2020 reviews

Had mine today. I think the majority of tms got theirs this week. Raises go into effect May 3.

Oh, that explains why my ETL was still in the store late today. I bet she's finishing up reviews. My TL is working overnights, so I don't know if she's doing reviews.

What does it mean if I got Improved Outcomes Needed? My TL is actually on leave so the TL that I had my “review” with didn’t even know what rating I got ... but I checked on Workday and looks like an ETL gave me the ION. But I still got a small raise, I thought if you need improvement they don’t give a raise. Does ION mean I’m on some sort of probation or anything?

How long have you been with Target? If you were hired as seasonal (or in Q4 of last year, maybe even Q3), I wouldn't worry about it. Stores only get so many good reviews, and newbies don't get anything except ION.

It won't affect your raise, either, because of the bump to $14. That should be coming soon, I think.

If you've been at Target longer than a year, then I would worry, but I assume you haven't had a review yet, or you'd know what ION means. Good luck.

reviews are mandatory but that doesn't stop some stores from sucking shit and yes it's only workday at the store

Delivered Exceptional Outcomes - DEO
Delivered Important Outcomes - DIO
Improved Outcomes Needed - ION
Thanks@Yetive
My perception, based on how ratings like this are used at other companies, is that the vast majority of TMs and other staff receive the "DIO" rating. There's probably a limited percentage of "DEO" awards, perhaps 10% of all staff being reviewed or some number like that. I don't believe there is a percentage quota of "ION" ratings, Target doesn't use bell-curve or stack ranking to "weed out" a certain percentage of people every year, though maybe somebody in the HR know can chime in on this.

"Improved Outcomes Needed" is not a satisfactory rating. It's not intended as a motivational tool. Even newly-hired people who haven't yet mastered all the main duties of their job are rarely given that kind of rating unless their continued service on the team is not valued by their superiors. Due to various anti-discrimination laws, you might have a few weeks or even months of scrutiny, but honestly it's time to plan to move on for your own sanity.

I'm confused my TL said I got "the highest review score possible" but Workday says DIO.
so something similar happened to me two years ago. my tl delivered the review like i got DEO... then got to the end and looked at the page and was absolutely shocked/ embarrassed/ a little mad to see DIO. apparently, we had one to many with DEO and since i had shorter service time than the others, SD changed me to DIO without telling anyone... at least that was the explanation given to my tl after she questioned it.

that’s one example of what could have happened.

Just a heads up there is a known issue where TMs aren’t falling under the correct TL. Maybe some stores are trying to get that figured out first? But almost everyone has had their review at my store within the last week, we only have a handful to complete and most are our LOA TMs.
Still waiting for mine and so are a lot of my team members.

Do most TLs get DEO? I'm assuming since their TL they must be good??
Probably the review BEFORE they became TL - yes. They were good, got a DEO and were promoted. The next year the standards are impossible to meet - I would not be surprised to get ION even though I TRY to do everything asked, well, and work really hard- -the bar is just TOO high !
I believe the reviews are more of a popularity contest than a real performance review. I have seen slackers get the same scores as others that go above and beyond.
So few DEO are ALLOWED that I have seen some earn it and NOT get it based on who their peers are.

I had my review today, I received DEO. I knew that I got that going into the review because I looked online to see what they rated me. I'm curious as to what my team members got though because they are all best friends with the team leads and some don't do nearly enough for the hours they are given. It's social hour all day everyday at my target.

I had my review today, I received DEO. I knew that I got that going into the review because I looked online to see what they rated me. I'm curious as to what my team members got though because they are all best friends with the team leads and some don't do nearly enough for the hours they are given. It's social hour all day everyday at my target.
Ooo. Social hour the worst ! Please, if you’re getting the hours - please be productive ! So annoying.
our HR constantly has ‘friends’ in her office. Seriously....do your job and send them out to do something other than stroke your ‘I am oh so popular‘ ego.

Back