Archived AE18 predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
My old TL said one of the Regional VPs (Joe R400 or 100?) showed up to his store and ripped them a new one because they had an extra trailer outside and had NO idea what was in it (all freight, a lot went clearance). He ripped them a new one. Think he hates trailers/containers and that’s why. I agree, and think we will see a focus on inventory management to keep backrooms a little lighter and more frequent trucks

Joe is r100. He's usually a very nice guy, takes a lot to piss him off.

Shutout to my Starbucks folks. Some stores were selected to test a program starting March 4th where addition hours are given to train backups at starbucks.

Unlike a regular certified team member they cannot be at Starbucks alone but they will be trained to provide register support, Mark cups, pour brewed coffee and prepare food.

Training takes 10.25 hours.

They want it to be people who work in food ideally (market or cafe) since they already have some food safety training but I know at my store it will end up being 5 cashier's.

That cafe looks better than mine. Mine is a little more modern but needs a lot of replacements

I told someone a few weeks ago it felt like REDwire was dying. Right before I went on vacation I got the memo. :(

Aw, they never got a chance to actually fix the 'save' button, poor REDwire.

Shutout to my Starbucks folks. Some stores were selected to test a program starting March 4th where addition hours are given to train backups at starbucks.

Unlike a regular certified team member they cannot be at Starbucks alone but they will be trained to provide register support, Mark cups, pour brewed coffee and prepare food.

They want it to be people who work in food ideally (market or cafe) since they already have some food safety training but I know at my store it will end up being 5 cashier's.
I always said I could do Starbucks but just like cashiering there. I’ll ask about this.

Where can I find this information on workbench?! :O

Reactions: Dog
VM is no doubt an important part of the business, but there’s no way they are payed comparatively to an ETL. I talk to ours pretty often on break or what have you, and from what she’s told me, it seems like a pretty straightforward gig. She made it sound like everything she has to do is laid out for her in detail and all she has to do is follow directions. I know that our leadership pays close attention to what she does because I’ve seen our DTL walking the store with her a couple different times.

Except every VM with any amount of experience will tell you that at least one third of the time they're making sets up because corporate has screwed up with the VMG (at least in Softlines). It's nothing to find they want you to put product on the mannequins that has already sold out in your store. In one case ours had to change a corporate mandated set because our guests thought it was ugly and would not stop complaining about it. lol

I think it has to do with an algorithm. Sorry thats a joke. I would like to know too.

LOL... I'd like to know too although we're an A volume and we get just about every remodel because our DTL has "dubbed" us the training store. We train a good portion of our district from ETL down. At one point we had one store sending us TMs to train which was really weird... thankfully that didn't last. We still get ETLs and TLs though.

There was a redwire today they are now offering 100 dollar gift cards to people who provide tips on external theft that lead to an arrest with over 1000 of recovered merchandise.
I'll believe it when I see it. I provided an easy internal for two tm, never saw shit.
Red Card goals are already gone.

They aren't touching etl head count...
Thats too bad, etl-hr needs to gtfo....

My old TL said one of the Regional VPs (Joe R400 or 100?) showed up to his store and ripped them a new one because they had an extra trailer outside and had NO idea what was in it (all freight, a lot went clearance). He ripped them a new one. Think he hates trailers/containers and that’s why. I agree, and think we will see a focus on inventory management to keep backrooms a little lighter and more frequent trucks

From what I heard, Joe is pushing a Backroom program that is about making them PERFECT aisle by aisle.

Most stores I have seen completely ignore MyTime allocations with their Backroom just to stay clean on Backstock and basic daily functions. Our flow teams have been gutted down to barely existent and if your store is following MyTime, you are working freight most of the day in most areas.... and he wants us to low and pro the aisles in the Backroom?!?! We are obsessed with not wasting steps in our Logistics right now, and he wants me to go to these items twice (once to low and pro it, and another time to actually pull it). It’s a huge waste of payroll!

And storage trailers are only a waste of money when they cost more payroll than they save. If it’s Q4 in a large volume with a small Backroom, then you will have TMs round the clock trying to condense pallet spots in Receiving to get one more pallet up at a time vs the 100 bucks a month it would take to have one (would they save 9 hours of payroll a month?)

Probably why we lost our storage trailer around BTS time last year. My backroom is insanely small and Q4 requires a LOT of my attention in order for receiving to be manageable. This past Q4 was the first without a trailer. Receiving is SMALL, imagine yet I'm supposed to manage all those TVs, shippers, assortments, and next year's sets for Jan/Feb that we received very early December without a trailer. Just a little bit of space management.

The backroom looks very good right now, but it is not set up for success once BTS hits and definitely is not once Q4 hits. Get it done, they'll tell me.

If it’s Q4 in a large volume with a small Backroom, then you will have TMs round the clock trying to condense pallet spots in Receiving to get one more pallet up at a time vs the 100 bucks a month it would take to have one (would they save 9 hours of payroll a month?)
It’s necessary year round. I go in once a week and condense spaces freeing up 10-30 spaces. No one keeps up with it cause there’s no time really. No hours=full backroom

Our store is going from 4am to 6am. That'll be interesting to see since right now there is still push left for the closer

There was a redwire today they are now offering 100 dollar gift cards to people who provide tips on external theft that lead to an arrest with over 1000 of recovered merchandise.

Interesting..... the Tweakers will start turning each other in for a $100 gift card. Only to sell the $100 gift card for a $5 score. Win, win.

Except every VM with any amount of experience will tell you that at least one third of the time they're making sets up because corporate has screwed up with the VMG (at least in Softlines). It's nothing to find they want you to put product on the mannequins that has already sold out in your store. In one case ours had to change a corporate mandated set because our guests thought it was ugly and would not stop complaining about it. lol

Amen !!! The VMGs are so full of discrepancies, I spend.... WASTE more and more time trying to decipher what the hell they want ! :mad:

Joe is r100. He's usually a very nice guy, takes a lot to piss him off.
I have seen pissed off Joe and it was fucking hilarious to see my STL and ETL facing it.

From what I heard, Joe is pushing a Backroom program that is about making them PERFECT aisle by aisle.

Most stores I have seen completely ignore MyTime allocations with their Backroom just to stay clean on Backstock and basic daily functions. Our flow teams have been gutted down to barely existent and if your store is following MyTime, you are working freight most of the day in most areas.... and he wants us to low and pro the aisles in the Backroom?!?! We are obsessed with not wasting steps in our Logistics right now, and he wants me to go to these items twice (once to low and pro it, and another time to actually pull it). It’s a huge waste of payroll!
My store is trying to run backroom on under 100 hours a week, while they are responsible for daily 12 steps, pulling and backstocking everything except pog and grocery, and taking 5 trucks a week.

It doesn't work.

Mannequins should only take 5 minutes each to change and those are available in the VMG. 90% of my time is spent in softlines either setting, prepping for price change, overseeing softlines truck push, checking back stock and remerching blown areas.
False, mannequins never take "5 minutes" sure you can slap on what the vmg asks but 9 out of 10 times you cant complete the outfits so to keep with the theme you have to merchandise, keep with the story, change the story entirely and along with that merchandise the racks to align with it. Also the workload you speak of is basically Softlines TL. I was VMTL when the position actually had more to it, now its just softlines TL #2. Target is moving away from the being bold mentality hence why the VMTL became the VM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back