Archived AE18 predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it Target jargon, or just retail in general?

Last edited:
More integration of instore and online shopping, like every team member having a mycheckout and a continued focus on SFS and OPU.

Again need store support and hours to have a store that is clean and organized. You want high fill percentages for those OPU/SFS orders that is how you get there.. True Amazon doesn't have retail stores(well they do) but they don't act as a fulfillment centers. They have fulfillment centers for that, which don't suffer from low hours, shit gets put away cause the more stuff is organized the more you sell cause you can get it out the door quicker. Rather than searching all over and coming up with nothing. We have to get everyone on board with this in order for it to work. And getting them on board means giving people enough hours to get shit done.

I know I can spit in a bucket and wish for these things and that bucket will fill long before spot figures out this is how you make this work and work well.

/soapbox.

"all Starbucks trained team members are needed at Starbucks for guest assistance" is my all time fav
"fast service needed at seasonal call button" and "this is your gift card replenishment reminder, who is responding" are also good
I like "fast service needed in furniture, call button one!" because of the tone of voice she has for the "call button one" part.

That's the area I'm always in.

Better than toys!!!

Again need store support and hours to have a store that is clean and organized. You want high fill percentages for those OPU/SFS orders that is how you get there.. True Amazon doesn't have retail stores(well they do) but they don't act as a fulfillment centers. They have fulfillment centers for that, which don't suffer from low hours, shit gets put away cause the more stuff is organized the more you sell cause you can get it out the door quicker. Rather than searching all over and coming up with nothing. We have to get everyone on board with this in order for it to work. And getting them on board means giving people enough hours to get shit done.

I know I can spit in a bucket and wish for these things and that bucket will fill long before spot figures out this is how you make this work and work well.

/soapbox.

Truth! When I was doing SFS at Christmas, before they showed us how to use the rfid gun, I'd be looking for clothes. Of course, I couldn't find it. "Did you look through the reshop?"

I'm sorry. I'm not an animal that digs through 6 carts of unsorted clothes. INF that shit.

Last edited:
I wish there was a button on the walkies to shut them up.

THAT would be SWEET.

I wish there was a way to change the message (location) of the call button. I'm sure there's some way to but probably not easy.

Indymes & callboxes can be programmed on site but the phone call boxes have to be reprogrammed through black box (or whoever is doing the phone systems now).
We're starting our Pfresh remod & they've started moving depts around to open up where Pfresh will go. The call boxes were going off all freaky so my GSTL had me read up on programming them as they're moved.
On the red callboxes, there's small toggle switches on the back. You flip the second into the program position, hold the reset button 'til it flashes then enter your code. If the code is 325, hit the #1 button 3x, hit reset, #1 2x, hit reset, then #1 5x followed by reset. It should flash the entire code sequence. Flip the toggle back to the home position & do a test, clearing it afterward.
Indyme boxes, you hold down the reset button 'til the #1 flashes. Same steps as the redbox. If a code is 208 (women's restroom), you'd hit #1 2x, reset 2x (because the middle number is zero), #1 8x, then reset.

Do y'all really believe were going to be bought out by amazon

not really. They got to sit on the Whole Foods things for a bit. Then they will look at what they want to do next.

And Spot has to sit on Shipt for awhile. Spot will not be able to beat Amazon but I have to believe it will be a couple years before Spot caves in.

This doesn’t involve staffing, but it would be wonderful if 2018 included updating the Zebras to allow us to pick up sales floor calls.

Of course in my store, Verizon phones can’t get reception in 85% of the store, so......

Food ave will be completely gone.

More stores will see curb pick up.

Photo will be completely gone.

Label strips will go back to being yellow on price point.

Red clerance labels will come back.

Online orders done in store will actually count as sale towards store.
We have photo labs?

Photo has been gone in my store since 2003. Can't believe I almost tried to switch to get back to using that machine.

Curbside was cancelled for us during the beta because assholes kept parking in the spaces and flat out ignoring the signs. Made for some fun times looking for cars in a full lot. Cops would also tell people to get lost if they tried to literally wait at the curb since my store is all of 100 feet to the freeway.

And our online sales do count towards the store sales, that was part of the deal in place when we beta tested SFS going on 3 years ago. It's not the norm?
so is ours. Its actually nice.

The item inside the case is called an each.
also known as

What does pieces / eaches,
Not sure what the difference is between pieces, eaches,

1.) Pieces
Pieces equates to pieces per each sellable unit. If it's helpful, think about a ream paper, a piece as related to the ream would be 1, but the each sellable unit would consist of 500 pieces of paper per each ream. Therefore, the pieces value would be 500 and the order unit would be Eaches. Note that when pieces is more than one, the storefront converts this to a package therefore the user when order per packages as the sellable unit.

Eaches is the sellable unit in increments of 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back