Archived annual merit raise

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a TL, I can tell you that we give the rating we think our TM's deserve. Then HR has a call with the DTL & HRBP to decide what we can actually give. They then give you your actual rating and we have to write the reviews based off that. It really is BS. Especially when you have to tell someone they're getting 6¢. Yes, there are some TM's that deserve lower ratings, but so many deserve at least DIO. It sucks for us too.

the thing I find dubious about merit raises is that Target likely gives raises to those who deserve nothing at all. I work with a couple of people that are slow, frequently call in and don't understand the concept of team work. A small raise is still the same thing as rewarding someone for being lazy.

So I got mine, DIO total (which doen't make sense because 7 were ION and 3 were DIO) what the heck? It states that I basically dont improve based upon feedback, which I KNOW I HAVE and I ask my leaders for feedback and they say im doing fine theres nothing i need improvement on but they give me this.REALLY?All my performance reviews in the past I got was Excellent, not this year it's suddenly this.
I also have a question, how many months is performance based on? is it from April to April ? I just ask this because another target i worked at, a manager said that my team lead based my performance just by two months(mid November-January)

Lol, only got an 11 cent raise. I mentioned it to other leaders and managers and they were confused. I had 2 abscences at the beginning of the year with the flu but I called out and used my sick time. They're apparently looking into the situation, it's weird because I got an excellent review last year.

I also have a question, how many months is performance based on? is it from April to April ? I just ask this because another target i worked at, a manager said that my team lead based my performance just by two months(mid November-January)
I think it's for the previous fiscal year. So February-January.

the thing I find dubious about merit raises is that Target likely gives raises to those who deserve nothing at all. I work with a couple of people that are slow, frequently call in and don't understand the concept of team work. A small raise is still the same thing as rewarding someone for being lazy.

Except that's not how it works at all. Improved outcomes needed folks at my store got no raise at all.

So no slackers don't automatically get a raise. A leader has to vouch for them to get one

How are the raises even decided? I see people getting 5% raises wtft?

Got a DIO and 25 cent raise.

Not bad for my first raise. I love how my GSTL took the time to listen to my plans for working in the store and moving away from cashier as I graduate from highschool and starting sales floor or backroom or something else not with the front end.

Personally, though, I love my front end co workers so I would be more than alright with a sales floor position where I have to backup the lanes when they need help.

Last edited:
What happens if you refuse to sign your review? Someone decided they didn't agree with their review and refused to sign it. None of the leaders knew what to do lol.

I'm pretty happy. I feel that my review and pay bump fairly and accurately reflected my efforts and outcomes for 2016. What more can ya ask for? :D

What happens if you refuse to sign your review? Someone decided they didn't agree with their review and refused to sign it. None of the leaders knew what to do lol.
Just write, "review delivered, refused to sign." I usually explain that the signature doesn't mean you agree, just that you received the information.

tumblr_inline_mzk1vld0HD1qj3ir1.gif

e9e86Ut.gif

there goes my raise ...

CCA for insubordination?

Last edited:
CCA for insubordination?

As with a CCA, signing is immaterial. The document was read to the team member, and that is good enough. It is noted that the teem member refused to sign/acknowledge on the document.

• HL TM since oct/2015
  • DEO all across the board.. except for the "drives sales and in-stocks by completing timely and accurate... yadah yaadah yadah" box. got DIO for that one
  • $.51 increase; which is 5% for me

DIO - $0.62

Didn't really expect to get a DEO since I'm great at AP but am not that great at the leadership portion of being a TL. I'll take it though!

New in role as a TL and I "had" to have ION? Really?
That's bull! I was new in role last year and they based mine on my performance as a TM since that's where I spent the whole year except January. I don't remember the old ratings, but I got the 2nd best score. I'm sorry they did that to you :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back