Archived annual merit raise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone explain why the review is broken down into You, Team and Business?
Also, I got DIO for reliable. Shows up to shift on time. Takes lunches and breaks on time/return from. How does someone who never missed a day get DIO?

I was told my review was pretty good for my 1st year but I don't feel good about it.

I was told my review was pretty good for my 1st year but I don't feel good about it.
First year reviews are usually pretty meh for everyone, I think. Probably setting a baseline for you to move up from, or maybe they just don't want the vets to find out that n00bs are making more money than them. It's some political reason, I'm sure.

I was pretty happy with mine. Some of my team, not so much. Especially the one who got a corrective action on top of her bad review.

Nokiddiegloves Do what I did and do extremely bad job like not be at your register with your light on or not offer the red card. Never got offfered a cashier shift again.

Just sayin'

I did about the same now I pick up short shifts on weekend days I don't normally work cause I need the money. And cashiers don't seem to want to work.

First year reviews are usually pretty meh for everyone, I think. Probably setting a baseline for you to move up from, or maybe they just don't want the vets to find out that n00bs are making more money than them. It's some political reason, I'm sure.

Are you trying to say the nickel raise I got the first year was "Meh????"

I'll have you know, that resulted in an extra buck a week. All. Profit.

Lowest raise in 4 years. :/

Every year I've gotten caught with either TL leaving or changing a couple months beforehand.

Year one, pregger TL did our reviews then left,
Year two TL took another position at a different store a month before
Year three, we changed to one SrTL and he NEVER spent time in softlines with us. :'(
Fourth year transferred and was stuck working multiple workcenters (was originally brand TM)

Granted that year was my highest raise since it was under price change

And now our consumables TL got promoted after only working with her for three months before she wrote the reviews. :(

Last edited:
Lowest raise in 4 years. :/

Every year I've gotten caught with either TL leaving or changing a couple months beforehand.

Year one, preform TL did our reviews then left,
Year two TL took another position at a different store a month before
Year three, we changed to one SrTL and he NEVER spent time in softlines with us. :'(
Fourth year transferred and was stuck working multiple workcenters (was originally brand TM)

Granted that year was my highest raise since it was under price change

And now our consumables TL got promoted after only working with her for three months before she wrote the reviews. :(

"Hi, Bryan, I'm your team lead now. I've also written your review." - conversation I have every April

I was hired seasonal and stayed on. So I've been with spot less than 6 months. I got DIO on every category and was told that's a very high score for someone with the company for so short a time. Accurate?

My only complaint, is that I got a DIO for "Is reliable". I've never missed a shift, never been late, never missed a meal break, missed one punch and it was corrected the next day. My availability (flexibility) is completely wide open and I only asked for one day off in the time before my review. Shouldn't that at least get me a DEO? Seems like the scores are just arbitrary and not based on actual performance. "Oh, he's a good worker, just give him all DIOs." or "He's great, give him all DEOs.". ?

I was hired seasonal and stayed on. So I've been with spot less than 6 months. I got DIO on every category and was told that's a very high score for someone with the company for so short a time. Accurate?

My only complaint, is that I got a DIO for "Is reliable". I've never missed a shift, never been late, never missed a meal break, missed one punch and it was corrected the next day. My availability (flexibility) is completely wide open and I only asked for one day off in the time before my review. Shouldn't that at least get me a DEO? Seems like the scores are just arbitrary and not based on actual performance. "Oh, he's a good worker, just give him all DIOs." or "He's great, give him all DEOs.". ?
What likely happened is your ETL gave you an overall DIO grade and your TL just went through and filled all of the categories in with DIO. And yes, you generally won't get the top score in your first year.

What likely happened is your ETL gave you an overall DIO grade and your TL just went through and filled all of the categories in with DIO. And yes, you generally won't get the top score in your first year.
That makes sense. Thanks. So much for personalization I guess. In reviews I've had at other jobs, they actually put in the time to assess the employees. Citing examples of good things/things to improve on. Apparently not at my store (if any of them).

I was a team lead for 10 years and decided to step down 6 years ago. I don't know if the increase in minimum wage had anything to do with it or not. I doubt it though. I now am plano.

It happened to everyone that is maxed out... You won't get a raise unless you get a DEO
Yep, under the old system you could still get a raise if you got EX or O - top two out of five levels.
Now you can only get a raise if you're the top out of three levels.
Thanks for reducing my incentive, spot.

Figured that was the deal, I was here less than a year. I got DIO all across the board and a 19 cent raise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back