Archived Denim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year, my store allowed denim from Black Friday to Christmas Eve as long as we still wore red tops. I'm hoping for the same this year. Not that anyone can see my pants when I'm behind the service desk anyway...

My store doesn't haha.On what occasion do they?

Depends on what state you live in.
Some states, Washington and California for example, the laws keep them from forcing people to wear khakis.
Black pants are an acceptable alternative.

Last edited:
Depends on what state you live in.
Some states, Washington and California for example, the laws keep them from forcing people to wear khakis.
Black Friday pants are an acceptable alternative.
So, they just hassle you until you give up or quit. We had a TM try to wear black pants. She finally quit.

Weird we have a picture from corporate in TMSC of a tm wearing black pants. I'll take a picture for you guys tomorrow.

That is what they do, can't ban it even though my STL is trying so they hassle you and get to you in other ways.

Yeah I think the TM handbook mentions wearing solid black pants as a khaki alternative.
I believe it says solid colored pants. Hrbp explained its on the store to set the expectation at orientation as to the fact that khaki is strongly suggested.

View attachment 3962
Straight from corporate, show this to who said you can't wear black pants

This is not universal. My store is not in a state that requires uniforms to be provided, so no vests given out, and there is nothing in state law that stops them from requiring khakis, so khakis it is. We have no signing anywhere in TMSC that implies that anything other than red and khaki is ok.

This is not universal. My store is not in a state that requires uniforms to be provided, so no vests given out, and there is nothing in state law that stops them from requiring khakis, so khakis it is. We have no signing anywhere in TMSC that implies that anything other than red and khaki is ok.
Your handbook does it. They provided you with one at orientation and a new one every time they revise it.

Straight from the handbook. I hope you didn't throw yours away after orientation. 15067033736091895113793.jpg

Did anyone else notice that the one sign says that you are to remove your name tag if you are onstage?? Don't they mean "off-stage?"

I wonder if they're just bowing to the inevitable decline in the availability of khaki pants (for women, at least). I found exactly 1 pair at my store. Found another pair at Old Navy, but am not willing to spend much more than they charge for khaki pants because it's just not worn anymore. Used to be you could wear khaki pants with other outfits, now you just...obviously look like you work for Target, no matter what you wear on top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back