Archived Denim

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if they're just bowing to the inevitable decline in the availability of khaki pants (for women, at least). I found exactly 1 pair at my store. Found another pair at Old Navy, but am not willing to spend much more than they charge for khaki pants because it's just not worn anymore. Used to be you could wear khaki pants with other outfits, now you just...obviously look like you work for Target, no matter what you wear on top.

Or you work in an office, though offices are getting away from it at least in my neck of the woods anyways.. Dark neat jeans are quickly replacing them.

I do work in an office, and I can't remember the last time I saw a woman in khaki pants. The closest are light brown jeggings/skinny jeans with boots.

I wonder if they're just bowing to the inevitable decline in the availability of khaki pants (for women, at least). I found exactly 1 pair at my store. Found another pair at Old Navy, but am not willing to spend much more than they charge for khaki pants because it's just not worn anymore. Used to be you could wear khaki pants with other outfits, now you just...obviously look like you work for Target, no matter what you wear on top.
Has nothing to do with the 24 racks of Universal Thread Goods Co. That are setting in Feb, lol.

Universal Thread Goods Co? New clothing brand?

Yes. It is available to read about on Target.com.

What is Universal Thread?

Universal Thread Goods Co. is our new and exclusive modern denim lifestyle brand. The brand is focused on delivering the best-fitting jeans and tees in the market at a price guests can feel good about, all while being mindful of its social and environmental impact.

This brand encompasses more than just amazing denim at a great value—shoes, jewelry and accessories are also part of the assortment.

Available only at Target.

Well, that is their primary target demographic, so...

Target has been red and khaki since before I was born. When I was in jeans in December I easily got asked more often "do you work here" than when I was wearing khakis.

Target has been red and khaki since before I was born. When I was in jeans in December I easily got asked more often "do you work here" than when I was wearing khakis.

I'm at a solid color pants with khakis preferred store so a lot of people don't wear khakis year round.

Well you have to occasionally come out to the floor just like the rest of us who work primarily off stage

I should get to wear shorts, because it is 30 degrees high on the wave near the ceiling...

I'll always remember our contractors coming in in Jeans, and 20 minutes in on their Scissor Lift, hollaring over to me on the Wave up in the air..

"How the hell do you deal with this", while wiping sweat in their eyes and thinking that this "Is gonna be a long wet, 7 weeks".

I wish I could wear jeans to work! :( Too bad TPS's are explicitly exempt from the ability to wear jeans.

Just wear it, then tell them that you read here that it was now allowed.

Bam. Problem solved.

I wish I could wear jeans to work! :( Too bad TPS's are explicitly exempt from the ability to wear jeans.

My TPS definitely wore jeans in December. That was with an apbp visit

Can we wear jeans if we work overnight completely during closed hours? I’m working an overnight shift for a one time project and it might be kind of messy so I was hoping to wear jeans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back