Archived Denim

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just informed that since we did well, starting February 3rd my store is now allowed to wear denim instead of khaki on the weekend.

Or you work in an office, though offices are getting away from it at least in my neck of the woods anyways.. Dark neat jeans are quickly replacing them.
I think it depends on how casual your business casual is. Hubby works for a business casual office now, jeans only Friday. Dress pants or nice khakis plus polo or dress shirt (company provided logo shirts) every other day.

I work in a professional setting that does business casual m-R and jeans allowed on Fridays (or the day before a holiday). So I literally have to dress up more for Spot than I do for my full time job. I change my clothes on Fridays. It’s hilarious and annoying all at the same time

In a professional setting that does business casual m-R and jeans allowed on Fridays (or the day before a holiday). So I literally have to dress up more for Spot than I do for my full time job. I change my clothes on Fridays. It’s hilarious and annoying all at the same time
I can also wear jeans mostly at my discretion for days when I do need to do “dirty” work including home visits

Can we wear jeans if we work overnight completely during closed hours? I’m working an overnight shift for a one time project and it might be kind of messy so I was hoping to wear jeans
Yes, you can typically wear jeans for those special project overnights regardless of whether or not they are on the weekend. Might want to ask to be sure.

I was just informed that since we did well, starting February 3rd my store is now allowed to wear denim instead of khaki on the weekend.

Not to be rude but this is not just your store it's company wide. Read the thread ;)

This is the dumbest thing I ever heard. Will literally probably be the lowest hours company wide that week (for the entire year), but fuck food, rent, gas, or heat in winter.........because..........

DENIM!

If I was an STL, and I knew hours were going to be cut. There would be NO FOOD for black friday through the holidays, but would be plentiful through the hours drought, with TM's welcomed to take it home to their families.

This is the dumbest thing I ever heard. Will literally probably be the lowest hours company wide that week (for the entire year), but fuck food, rent, gas, or heat in winter.........because..........

DENIM!

If I was an STL, and I knew hours were going to be cut. There would be NO FOOD for black friday through the holidays, but would be plentiful through the hours drought, with TM's welcomed to take it home to their families.

If the hours are too low that weekend to start allowing denim, what weekend would you suggest it starts? Denim is being allowed on weekends throughout fiscal 2018 and 2/3 is the first weekend of that year.

If the hours are too low that weekend to start allowing denim, what weekend would you suggest it starts? Denim is being allowed on weekends throughout fiscal 2018 and 2/3 is the first weekend of that year.

I would say Monday, only monday, obviously, because it is Funday.

Wear jeans on Tuesday? instant CA.

Honestly though, it should be year round. Guests asking, "so why are you all wearing Jeans?"

And TM's responding, "Target allowed us to wear jeans on the weekends, so we could wash our Khakis on the weekend" would probably look bad

Last edited:

DENIM!

No I want that food on Black Friday since there are so many people and guests you can't get to a microwave from all the TM's and you would never be able to shop your lunch on the floor and actually pay for it in the time you need on those days. So feeding us is for spot some form of self preservation..

STL told my store about it at the huddle and stressed that it would only be Saturday and Sunday and that it can be taken away.

I can see her point of view here. It got taken advantage of in Q4.

So, if it comes from Corporate, I thought the stores cannot ignore the "reward"?

They can plead ignorance, there is plenty of info that never filters down for whatever reason.

If I were you I would print janas email or bring it up to your etl hr.

So, if it comes from Corporate, I thought the stores cannot ignore the "reward"?

They can plead ignorance, there is plenty of info that never filters down for whatever reason.

If I were you I would print janas email or bring it up to your etl hr.

@Frontlanegirl , I second bringing it up with your ETL-HR. Janna posted about the jeans every weekend thing on Twitter so just say that you found out about it from her Twitter.

Here is the link to her page: Janna Potts (@JannaAPotts) on Twitter - https://mobile.twitter.com/jannaapotts?lang=en

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back