Archived Hostile workplace

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's no secret that modernization is an utter failure. This has resulted in leaders and team members being constantly harrassed by group leadership for "failure" to meet these unattainable expectations. Can this be grounds for a lawsuitt on behalf of team members? I know the thought is if you don't like it go else where but sometimes it is not easy to just up and leave.

What do you mean TMs are being harassed? Please guve specifics
I don't want to be too specific as it might give away location or details. You never know who is on this site. If you want to PM i will share.

I saw this and was ordered to participate in it, which is why I walked. Our STL gave us the names of people he wanted out... Age. weight, voice and just because someone gave him the creeps were our Targets. (no pun intended) We were to give them unreasonable workloads. Call them over the walkie every 5 minutes to check their progress, so that every team member could hear them being reprimanded if they hadn't finished their assignment. We were to cut their hours first if hours needed to be shaved. They were the ones getting 4 hours a week as well. There is a huge difference between coaching for performance and coaching with fabricated causes. Some stores are definitely doing this. Its disgusting

I've wondered this too, because the working conditions are extremely unsafe. I mean just objectively speaking, you can observe that it's unsafe. It's indisputable. What's unseen though, is stress and pressure from leadership, and unrealistic expectations that make the working environment worse.

What I don't understand, is why TMs take it out on other TMs. Like can't we just direct our anger at corporate?

Probably not. Unfortunately, it's not illegal to be an asshole as a boss.

If the boss is harassing people because of age, gender, race, religion or other protected class then yes, that's illegal. Being an asshole to everyone because you think that "the beatings will continue until morale improves" is a legit management strategy? Not so much.

If they're violating the law--discrimination statutes, wage & hour laws, OSHA or other regs, then a lawsuit or complaint with the relevant federal and/or state authorities is in order, but if your boss is just an asshole, then it's on Target to correct it.

Or you could try to organize, but good luck with that.

What I don't understand, is why TMs take it out on other TMs. Like can't we just direct our anger at corporate?

Amen.

I saw this and was ordered to participate in it, which is why I walked. Our STL gave us the names of people he wanted out... Age. weight, voice and just because someone gave him the creeps were our Targets. (no pun intended) We were to give them unreasonable workloads. Call them over the walkie every 5 minutes to check their progress, so that every team member could hear them being reprimanded if they hadn't finished their assignment. We were to cut their hours first if hours needed to be shaved. They were the ones getting 4 hours a week as well. There is a huge difference between coaching for performance and coaching with fabricated causes. Some stores are definitely doing this. Its disgusting

Yep my STL was doing this.. With our ETLHR as his sidekick in it..

My ETL as well.

We lost some great ETL's who refused to do this bullshit, TL's who straight up quit rather than harass good people and told everyone they could think of to either get out or just know what was going down.. Why I have no respect for my idiots in charge and have been calling the hotline on a regular basis since these people are just asking for spot to get sued. I mean the latest call was the several thousand dollars in product we were forced to defect to just get it out of the building and that we have to load crap on every single trailer as a sweep and its the drivers problem to deal with.

This is my biggest beef with the changes. My store used to be super chill, now everyone is fighting with each other. Backroom is mad at Flow because they can't backstock right (which isn't their fault since they only received a few minutes of training), and the team leads are always upset, the grunts (like me) just hate everyone above them and some of their cohorts lol.

The higher ups just ruined a good store. I don't even feel safe anymore because there's too much stuff. And the other day a u-boat of stuff almost fell on a mother and her baby. Target is apt to get sued.

Seriously, if someone from corporate is reading this--tell stores to have a height limit for u-boats. My store can barely keep up so we have some of them that are 8 feet tall. That's what happen when half the vehicles are taken up with yesterday's push.

This is my biggest beef with the changes. My store used to be super chill, now everyone is fighting with each other. Backroom is mad at Flow because they can't backstock right (which isn't their fault since they only received a few minutes of training), and the team leads are always upset, the grunts (like me) just hate everyone above them and some of their cohorts lol.

The higher ups just ruined a good store. I don't even feel safe anymore because there's too much stuff. And the other day a u-boat of stuff almost fell on a mother and her baby. Target is apt to get sued.

Seriously, if someone from corporate is reading this--tell stores to have a height limit for u-boats. My store can barely keep up so we have some of them that are 8 feet tall. That's what happen when half the vehicles are taken up with yesterday's push.

There is a height limit, but considering the amount of shit in the fire aisles....and regular aisles being totally blocked off....I don't think anyone is thinking about the uboats.

It is against federal law to discriminate in employment against anyone over 40. Document. Document. Document.

We do have a height limit, actually. If you can't see over it while you're standing behind it and pushing it to the floor (there could be a guest on the other side of it), than it's too tall. Our APTL tells us this on a regular basis. I understand that we get more product than that, but when we had shoes on a flatbed, we made up to 4 trips between the back room and the salesfloor to make sure we were working safely.

We do have a height limit, actually. If you can't see over it while you're standing behind it and pushing it to the floor (there could be a guest on the other side of it), than it's too tall. Our APTL tells us this on a regular basis. I understand that we get more product than that, but when we had shoes on a flatbed, we made up to 4 trips between the back room and the salesfloor to make sure we were working safely.[/QUOTE

Just putting boxes on the top shelf of the Uboat will block your view.

I know of a store where this is quite rampant. Age, standing firm on religious freedom (EEOC Title VII) to have Sundays off, even disability accommodations. It is not my store but one where friends work. I've been told this is happening all over now. It saddens me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back