Archived Hostile workplace

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel the same way. My TL treats me to some weird high standard that I don't see him doing to other TM. Then he just walks around trying to surveillence me like I don't know how to do my Fuckin job.

I saw this and was ordered to participate in it, which is why I walked. Our STL gave us the names of people he wanted out... Age. weight, voice and just because someone gave him the creeps were our Targets. (no pun intended) We were to give them unreasonable workloads. Call them over the walkie every 5 minutes to check their progress, so that every team member could hear them being reprimanded if they hadn't finished their assignment. We were to cut their hours first if hours needed to be shaved. They were the ones getting 4 hours a week as well. There is a huge difference between coaching for performance and coaching with fabricated causes. Some stores are definitely doing this. Its disgusting
Been there. I was on the receiving end of it, except the hours cut, since I was a TL. No idea what I did to piss off my ETL, apparently my mere existence was enough, or the fact that I was doing my job instead of kissing her butt, but it was a very toxic work environment. Several good TLs and many valuable older workers have left this year.😳

Wow, that's awful. Sorry you have to deal with that.
And...this same team member as well as a new team member (to whom I've spoken about 10 words) told our ETL-LOG that I'm difficult to work with. Apparently I've been talking down to them?

This really makes me miss our old ETL-LOG because he knew me and would have known better. No one else seems to have a problem with me. But others have had a problem with her. Anyway, I told her that if I'm so hard for them to work with then I won't work with them. I'll just do softlines. I don't need to be around toxic people like her anyway.

The phrase of choice from our new leaders is "right TM for the job".
An older TM was told that her demeanor was 'severe & depressing', that she needed to present a more 'upbeat' image.
This after they'd been running her ragged on the salesfloor.
One of the new ETLs went thru their dept asking each TM how long they'd been with Target; you could almost see the calculator at work in their head.

I was just fired after being with Target for over 20 years. It didn't matter what I did or didn't do...it was always WRONG in the eyes of my ETL and STL. Never had any CCAs up until this past summer and all of a sudden I was treated like I was stupid and didn't know anything. I was a TL for 17 years in the same department and the thanks I got was to hand in my name tag and to clock out as I was no longer employed at Target. Right before the holidays... real nice of them!

I was just fired after being with Target for over 20 years. It didn't matter what I did or didn't do...it was always WRONG in the eyes of my ETL and STL. Never had any CCAs up until this past summer and all of a sudden I was treated like I was stupid and didn't know anything. I was a TL for 17 years in the same department and the thanks I got was to hand in my name tag and to clock out as I was no longer employed at Target. Right before the holidays... real nice of them!
What heartless, soulless, low-class asshats. And right before the holidays, too. They should be ashamed. Sorry you got such shabby treatment. Good luck.🍀

Been there. I was on the receiving end of it, except the hours cut, since I was a TL. No idea what I did to piss off my ETL, apparently my mere existence was enough, or the fact that I was doing my job instead of kissing her butt, but it was a very toxic work environment. Several good TLs and many valuable older workers have left this year.😳
This is my situation right now. My TL hates me and yet he is the most useless of them all. But he kisses our STLs ass, so he's golden. I just saw the new schedule and I'm cut down to 22. I'm trained on everything in the store with the exception of food Ave, and you're telling me there were no other hours for me. Suuuuure. Yet others in my dept have 30-35 that same week.

How terrible! It scares me that that can happen ? Did you get warnings? Given ANY chance ? Sheesh. Can’t be right : (

I was given a written last summer. I tried the best I knew how to do all of the new expectations. Pricing, POGs, re profiling the sl stockroom, back stocking, learning the new inbound process for my department, role playing with my team and doing the selling modules. Hours were not plentiful and we struggled with trying to get the truck pushed and back stocked and we got behind in pricing. She kept pulling me in for a weekly status and I would get my ass chewed. I asked how the other stores were doing all of this and was told I was the only one struggling in our district. So I asked if someone from a different store could come in and show me how to accomplish all of this and was told no it was for me to figure out. I knew full well that the company as a whole is struggling with modernization and she tried to make me believe it was only me. I was put on a final this fall and from there she pulled me in every few days to chew me out...I knew it was coming but that still doesn't take the sting out of it. I gave it my all and did my best...never in my 20 plus years have I EVER been spoken to the way I have been this past year and totally humilated getting chewed out in front of my team for things beyond my control.

I'm hearing more & more about being chewed out to the point of total humiliation.
Forget STAR, constructive criticism or trying to move poor performers in the right direction; it's all about shrieking their face off at someone for complete debasement, of losing control of their emotions to mentally destroy a person without regards to the lasting impact or the lack of professionalism.

How terrible! It scares me that that can happen ? Did you get warnings? Given ANY chance ? Sheesh. Can’t be right : (
It’s not right but it can and does happen. If you are a TL and are put on corrective it’s time to start looking for another job. Once your ETL decides you are going, the only choice left for you is when and how you will leave. It’s all about covering their ass, and if they have to sacrifice you to do it, they will. ☹️

I was given a written last summer. I tried the best I knew how to do all of the new expectations. Pricing, POGs, re profiling the sl stockroom, back stocking, learning the new inbound process for my department, role playing with my team and doing the selling modules. Hours were not plentiful and we struggled with trying to get the truck pushed and back stocked and we got behind in pricing. She kept pulling me in for a weekly status and I would get my ass chewed. I asked how the other stores were doing all of this and was told I was the only one struggling in our district. So I asked if someone from a different store could come in and show me how to accomplish all of this and was told no it was for me to figure out. I knew full well that the company as a whole is struggling with modernization and she tried to make me believe it was only me. I was put on a final this fall and from there she pulled me in every few days to chew me out...I knew it was coming but that still doesn't take the sting out of it. I gave it my all and did my best...never in my 20 plus years have I EVER been spoken to the way I have been this past year and totally humilated getting chewed out in front of my team for things beyond my control.
Very sorry to hear this. Something similar happened to a veteran at my store. I wish corporate would start firing some of these STLs instead of allowing them to bully the workers. We're blamed for things outside our control. The new process has most of us set up for failure. They need to take some responsibility instead of planning the grunts like us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back