Archived Morale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ever since my store went from 4am to 6am morale has been in a freefall. I just witnessed a shouting match between my TL and a TM. I hear the stress in my ETLs voice on nearby walkies daily. Not that running the truck is a cakewalk under any circumstance, this is a newer and contagious stress. One of my favorite people walked out and he had been there for a long time. It's just sad.

I thought about this for awhile.

I've been around people who are very cynical about the job. I've also seen truly hardworking individuals who pride themselves on their work.

Morale seems to vary from person to person in my store. The hardworking people are a joy to be around. The cynical people are miserable ( and often lazy ) every single day, to the point where being around them was actually starting to make me into a cynical asshole myself.

I think it's important to prioritize what you want, and the workmanship and professionalism you desire, regardless of the people around you.

They're not putting money in your paycheck, it's your individual effort that gets you paid.

I must be an anomaly.... A hardworking cynic.

I have team members actively destroying my work on a daily basis.

No one is really held accountable in my store.

I am trying to remind myself it is actually liberating when no one really gives a damn, and "anything goes" in my store. aka No one really follows up on my work, either.

I am trying to remind myself it is actually liberating when no one really gives a damn, and "anything goes" in my store. aka No one really follows up on my work, either.

I learned that practically nobody is gonna follow up on my work like the 3rd week of being here, when I asked my BRTLs how they thought things were going and their response was simply asking me the same thing.

And then again on my 2nd month in when I asked for more feedback and the guy that interviewed me asked when I was hired.

I've since managed to get their attention a bit and things are looking up (I hope). But still, just wow.

I apologize if my post sounded demeaning or insulting in any way.

I DO agree with having your work acknowledged and recognized. The last thing you want is to feel invisible and hated on by your fellow peers.

It seems your store could use some solid leadership and direction?

I too think quite often on the direction my team / store is taking.

I can't simply " not care " about my work, and ignore all the negativity around me. I'm not one of those people who can do that.
After awhile it all gets to me.

Target ( corporate ), for it's supposed " friendly " work environment doesn't really take into account the human element of its TMs.

By that I mean they don't think about the toll it takes on people, or having realistic goals, etc..

Their strategy of just firing and replacing workers won't help matters.
All the good workers will leave.

My store morale seems to be in the middle. Thank goodness we have a new STL who was a former ETL at our store. So all the old team members are excited she is back and she is making a lot of changes because our store was a hot mess.

She makes all the ETLs help push the truck, pulls, and reshop. She also brought back 4x4 zoning to help get the store back to planogram (no more flexing x_x), ETLs are now trying to get to know team members, she also brought back Freshness Fridays (never seen so much expired food)...

Now on the bad, we only have E2E in market right now. It was a struggle at first to get them to do there Rigs. Backroom and Flow are upset because of the hour cuts... Softlines are struggling to finish truck.. right now we have Z racks in the backroom with clothes from Friday and Saturday truck..... and only 2 empty Z racks left for Monday truck lol

Shit, all of the good TM's are quitting because our ETL's and STL act like they're high schoolers and gossip about TM's having family troubles and shit. I'm getting close to my edge and thinking about quitting and possibly going to best buy, which is more into what I would enjoy doing while sticking with retail for now.

It doesn't help they did a refer a friend and are now refusing to give up the gift cards they promised. I am waiting on one and so is a friend of mine.. "We will get it to you." Um the 30days was 30 days ago.. Even the HR TM tells(great to be her friend) tells me they are dragging their feet cause of the STL..

Not cool STL.

I think we are in the same group. Word is referrals are gone unless they get an exempt position. Ie become an etl, so dumb

My store used to be wonderful. We lost an amazing HR TL and things still held. However - the TL's that have been hired since she left are not cutting it. E2E is not helping. Target is my second job - I have something else Mon-Fri from 8 to 5. I was once our store's only cosmetics brand team member. There was always something to do when I came in at 5:30 - backstock, pulls, reshop. They have added 5 people to cosmetics. It's apparently a new "focus". There is nothing to do when I come in. I'm not allowed to leave cosmetics. On my last shift - I paced my 5 aisles for 2 hours. All I got to do was ask people if they needed help. If I had to guess - I'd say less than 10% wanted my help. I start training for my new side gig as a Pub Trivia host on Wednesday. Target pays me $10.95 - Pub Trivia will pay me $17 - it wasn't a tough choice. I'll miss the discount and 90% of my team members.

Do you have an etl HR too?

There is nothing to do when I come in. I'm not allowed to leave cosmetics. On my last shift - I paced my 5 aisles for 2 hours.
So, with E2E you're not allowed to leave your assigned areas to help with call buttons or anything? Jesus christ, that makes me want to quit even more.

I think we are in the same group. Word is referrals are gone unless they get an exempt position. Ie become an etl, so dumb

The people I know with degrees spot can't even begin to afford them. Start at six figures and go from there. Spot will give me my damn gift cards, cause that is BS don't contract something than say "sorry we lied."

The people I know with degrees spot can't even begin to afford them. Start at six figures and go from there. Spot will give me my damn gift cards, cause that is BS don't contract something than say "sorry we lied."

Yup Amazon and Microsoft snatch up everyone. Most of our ETLs majored in political science or something with no relation to business

Yup Amazon and Microsoft snatch up everyone. Most of our ETLs majored in political science or something with no relation to business

Add Google, Nintendo, Expedia and all the game studios and don't forget the major air craft builder that is up here. They take the rest..

I had the person who hired me ask if I knew of and shopped at Amazon. I said I knew of it but never shopped on it (lie).

Amazon is killing it one of my buddies is being paid 22 dollars just to mess around and he's low level. Their going for the kill on stores.

Morale is super low lol. New tms in softlines keep quitting because they'd rather take a lower hourly rate somewhere where the demands are lower. And some of them are finding higher paying jobs. Honestly I'd probably be gone if I could afford a reliable car. I've been so stressed out with the new fitting room direction in my store. One of my coworkers decided she's gonna retire next year... Because of e2e.

Idk, we have good days, but I don't think I know anyone who isn't looking to leave.

I had the person who hired me ask if I knew of and shopped at Amazon. I said I knew of it but never shopped on it (lie).

Amazon is killing it one of my buddies is being paid 22 dollars just to mess around and he's low level. Their going for the kill on stores.

The downside to Amazon with Devs anyways is that they churn through them, use em up burn them out. And I have heard that from several sources.

They are killing stores by just having merch and a variety of merch. I went looking for work pants, I am female and want cargo pants, not skinny but with real thigh pockets. Not one store even had basic khakis that weren't either skinny or low rise usually both in the same pant. Work wear places either had scrubs tie waist which won't stay up with all the knives and Mydevice or Carhartts which are to heavy for me, right idea just too heavy. I had to go on-line to find anything close to what I wanted.

This is a time I miss LA where they have real Dickie's stores where they carry scrubs, and all the guys and girls workwear. Overalls, coveralls and all the varients of their pants, work shirts and all the other what not..

Yeah that is horrid.

Get your fire suit ready, you going to need it.
Ive begun search for new paths. I wont outright leave just yet, i will stick it out and try to lend some real help first but it isn't going to end well. We will try.

Story came out today Amazon is going to jump into pharmaceutical. Walgreens and CVS will feel the pain we do

Well shit, just realized my morale has also plummeted.
:(:(

I'm just not happy there anymore. Everyday feels like a burden, even though my position is relatively easy.

Shit, all of the good TM's are quitting because our ETL's and STL act like they're high schoolers and gossip about TM's having family troubles and shit. I'm getting close to my edge and thinking about quitting and possibly going to best buy, which is more into what I would enjoy doing while sticking with retail for now.

That's beyond terrible.

Shameful of them for acting that way.

Morale is super low lol. New tms in softlines keep quitting because they'd rather take a lower hourly rate somewhere where the demands are lower. And some of them are finding higher paying jobs. Honestly I'd probably be gone if I could afford a reliable car. I've been so stressed out with the new fitting room direction in my store. One of my coworkers decided she's gonna retire next year... Because of e2e.

Idk, we have good days, but I don't think I know anyone who isn't looking to leave.
I know my SL team is feeling the strain. We had almost three carts of reshop that sat in GS yesterday before they finally took them away late last night. How does Target expect to sell items that sit in carts all day?

I need to move to where ever some of you are where the job market does not suck. I know plenty of people in my state that are either unemployed or underemployed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back