Archived Morale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondering how the morale is in your store? Definitely seeing frustrated tm's with lower morale in my store with all the changes. Plus, the lack of communication from Target and our ETL's in our store is not helping. No one in my store even told me about E2E happening in our store.

Morale at my store is unchanged. That's not saying anything, though. There's a serious lack of care from all levels, STL down, so newbies don't give a shit.

True, had someone get mad at me the other day because I asked them to go read the information security packet for training. You can't win with some people.

Overall, worried group of folks, to be expected in current climate.

I recently heard my first

TM: "[Flow push department] got hit really hard today."
TL: "STAY POSITIVE."
TM: "I'm...not being negative, I'm just saying--"
TL: "IT SOUNDS TO ME LIKE YOU'RE BEING NEGATIVE."

in a while, sooo I guess we're heading down that path again? Where positivity somehow overcomes reality?

the market/prfesh/doomed ones are beginning to realize the crap fest they walked into with this e2e silliness. As for the rest of the store well pretty much the same over all but trending down. oooh the backroom is well lets say they are well south of "strongly disagree" and would seriously like to take back the market pulls and backstock.

Morale at my store is pretty low. I wouldnt say at an all time low but its getting there. Mostly its due to communication or lack of I should say . I have always been amazed how when it comes to red cards there is all kinds of communication. Hell. you cant get them to shut up about red cards. However, when it comes to major changes that affect most ( if not all) in the store...they seem to have nothing to say. You go to them and ask them they simply say well we haven't heard about that . Really? If you cant speak about it just say that. But don't say you haven't heard about it when just two hours earlier you were overheard talking about it .

Ours is crappy raises, lack of equipment needed for crucial tasks, crappy equipment in general, insufficient hours to complete crucial tasks, hours getting skimmed from multiple work areas & routed to special projects headed up by TM/TL pets, ever-dwindling benefits/perks.

In the toilet would be an improvement. E2E in market has left us with freezers and coolers you can't walk into for all the unlocated backstock.

And softlines starts next week. We can't wait!
We had to stop doing market e2e because it was killing sales and Backroom location accuracy. The backroom got destroyed bad and the salesfloor was horrid. When we have a visit we pretend were still doing it....is that bad? Lol now they're throwing e2e on SLTL where she is only going to be allowed 2 openers for hanging and 1 closer i think whos slotted 4 hours to get it all done

Last edited:
Today is day one of end to end market. Im anxious to hear how it went on my next shift.

We are the same: just needing bodies to make it more than 90 days. Heck, more than 30 days would be great too.

It doesn't help they did a refer a friend and are now refusing to give up the gift cards they promised. I am waiting on one and so is a friend of mine.. "We will get it to you." Um the 30days was 30 days ago.. Even the HR TM tells(great to be her friend) tells me they are dragging their feet cause of the STL..

Not cool STL.

We had to stop doing market e2e because it was killing sales and Backroom location accuracy. The backroom got destroyed bad and the salesfloor was horrid. When we have a visit we pretend were still doing it....is that bad? Lol now they're throwing e2e on SLTL where she is only going to be allowed 2 openers for hanging and 1 closer i think whos slotted 4 hours to get it all done
Our e2e grocery team has made a crap hole out of the backroom grocery aisles. The freezer and cooler not much better. What makes it worse is we have inventory coming up very very soon.

I thought about this for awhile.

I've been around people who are very cynical about the job. I've also seen truly hardworking individuals who pride themselves on their work.

Morale seems to vary from person to person in my store. The hardworking people are a joy to be around. The cynical people are miserable ( and often lazy ) every single day, to the point where being around them was actually starting to make me into a cynical asshole myself.

I think it's important to prioritize what you want, and the workmanship and professionalism you desire, regardless of the people around you.

They're not putting money in your paycheck, it's your individual effort that gets you paid.

Morale is almost rock-bottom at our store. I can't ever recall morale being this bad in the 3 years since I started. Softlines TMs are dropping like flies, the new e2e grocery rollout is sucking hours out of every department, and already posted shifts are being cut. Our new BRTL was promoted without consulting our ETL-OPS, how I don't know, which completely passed over our best TM who would have made a much much better TL. So now we're losing at least one, probably two, of our best BRTMs and our BRTL is pretty much useless. And now myTime is being used to generate Backroom's schedule, which is giving us completely retarded shifts (8 pm to 12 am? A four-hour closing backroom shift? With a 2 hour coverage gap between 6 pm and 8 pm? DO YOU EVEN WANT US TO COME CLEAN?) Even worse, apparently overnight has been clocking in unscheduled TMs while the rest of the store is having their hours slashed, and when questioned about it, they just said that they would take the write-up. There have been murmurings about a hotline call from a few of our TLs. I know of at least two of our TLs that will quit if this isn't resolved soon.

It also doesn't help that we are being constantly reminded by our ETL and BRTL that our jobs are going to slowly disappear as more and more departments go end to end.

I myself have already sent out a few applications elsewhere. It's really a shame, I like my job and I enjoy working in the Backroom. And it's not even as if our backroom is running poorly either, aside from the foibles with the recent e2e grocery rollout we come clean almost every night and aren't running into a lot of problems but poor management decisions and a complete lack of any kind of support are killing our store. A little over half of our backroom team is looking to leave in the next month or so, although I doubt that all of them would leave if the hours start to go up as people leave. Even still, our backroom could be severely crippled come next month if even half of the people who are talking about leaving do.

My store used to be wonderful. We lost an amazing HR TL and things still held. However - the TL's that have been hired since she left are not cutting it. E2E is not helping. Target is my second job - I have something else Mon-Fri from 8 to 5. I was once our store's only cosmetics brand team member. There was always something to do when I came in at 5:30 - backstock, pulls, reshop. They have added 5 people to cosmetics. It's apparently a new "focus". There is nothing to do when I come in. I'm not allowed to leave cosmetics. On my last shift - I paced my 5 aisles for 2 hours. All I got to do was ask people if they needed help. If I had to guess - I'd say less than 10% wanted my help. I start training for my new side gig as a Pub Trivia host on Wednesday. Target pays me $10.95 - Pub Trivia will pay me $17 - it wasn't a tough choice. I'll miss the discount and 90% of my team members.

Morale hit an all time low after our god of a team lead got promoted and got replaced by a lifer who just took the position no one else wanted, everyone walks all over him/her on a daily basis. Not ready for 4th quarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back